maqroll

Very early days, as we all know is a long long season. When you hit a rough patch do tuey have the character and unity to grind through it, we’ll see

Think there’ll be a few 5-1 wins but a plenty of stinky results as well.

Edited by rodders129
  • Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

1 win against a very poor Wolverhampton. An Sky talking about Chelsea for the title this season 😆

Gotta love the highs & lows of the media...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bakers29 said:

Gotta love the highs & lows of the media...

Yeah, Couldn't shut up about Ange's Tottenham for Champions League last season, an look how that turned out 😂

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, Couldn't shut up about Ange's Tottenham for Champions League last season, an look how that turned out 😂

The West Ham love in this season was even shorter :lol: 

• Haha 1

Chelsea in talks to potentially sign Sancho and Osimhen.

It’s not the fact that they are signing these 2 specific players, but the fact that they can spend so much without Champions League football and we get Champions League but have to sell Diaby and Douglas Luiz.

I just hate them so much.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It’s not the fact that they are signing these 2 specific players, but the fact that they can spend so much without Champions League football and we get Champions League but have to sell Diaby and Douglas Luiz.

It's been explained multiple times why they can spend that much and we can't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Madueke just scored a hat trick and they want Sancho...

Just sums them up. Would rather stockpile players than give the ones they have the space to breath and play 20 games in a row if they stay fit.

Osimhen is more obvious but Jackson's goal record in 2024 is pretty good so he either gets benched or moves to the left. Then were do you play Neto...oh just move him to the right...hang on if Madueke is on the bench dosen't Cole Palmer play there. Oh wait he's playing more central this season but hang on Nkunku badly needs minutes after a year out injured....oh and there's Joao Felix crying in the corner because everyone has forgotten him already...

I can't see half of those players just being happy playing Europa Conference League and 20 minutes in the prem so this is where inconsistent club strategy really hinders whoever the manager is.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It's been explained multiple times why they can spend that much and we can't.

Because we don’t have hotels to sell to ourselves, and we aren’t going to sell the women’s team for an over inflated price.

Or have I missed something?

22 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Because we don’t have hotels to sell to ourselves, and we aren’t going to sell the women’s team for an over inflated price.

1. They have much higher revenues than us.

2. Their academy brings in more money than any other one.

3. We might not have hotels to sell, but we could have sold our training ground to ourselves, decided not to. Can't really complain about it.

51 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

No, they are clowns who are hurtling towards disaster. The money will run out well before they get the success they need to keep their revenue stream high enough to sustain themselves. 

55 minutes ago, tinker said:

No, they are clowns who are hurtling towards disaster. The money will run out well before they get the success they need to keep their revenue stream high enough to sustain themselves. 

The money won't run out they are Saudi run.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They’ve signed another goalkeeper - Mike Penders from Genk and sent him back there on loan.

Stockpiling everyone 

20m€ 😮

means since they bought Kepa in 2018 they've now spent 196m€ on goalkeepers

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

20m€ 😮

means since they bought Kepa in 2018 they've now spent 196m€ on goalkeepers

That’s utterly, utterly baffling. The fee for Penders is also a farce. Just hurry up and ban them. Their disregard for the rules is pathetic. 

I just don't get it. They're Chelsea, they're loaded, they don't need to buy 600 tickets to the goalkeeper development lottery, they can just buy one excellent one in his mid-20s and then have him be number 1 for a decade. Goalkeeper is a position more than any other where top teams don't need to be doing the development themselves. 

Can only assume they are expecting to get a lengthy transfer ban, this stock piling on players on 7+ year contracts should not be allowed, they are gaming the system, it’s just another way of cheating the sport in the long run. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â