maqroll

There's a few things that are really weirdly interesting about the Chelsea sh*tsh*w.

I guess firstly, there's a sort of sense to the idea that in order to succeed they'll need income and that there isn't an investment you can make that increases in value as quickly as a good footballer - they're buying footballers as stock options rather than athletes and are then struggling because they have nowhere to put them when they don't play and they need them to play every now and then in order to increase their value - it's just such a weird strategy - who knows, if in the next few years they're making fortunes selling off all this stock and then building a team that wins things, perhaps they'll have the last laugh, but it's hard to see it working out that way.

The second thing is that it's become really difficult to judge the quality of the players that Chelsea have, simply because they never seem to get a decent run in the side or at least in any sort of settled side - is Badiashile one of the best young centre backs in the world, hamstrung by playing with a different partner every week in a team where he's often dropped in favour of a new toy, or is he an average defender unable to force his way to consistent starts for Chelsea? We don't know. The Chelsea factor makes it really difficult to judge the real quality of the players. It'll be interesting to see how those they sell get on elsewhere.

And the third thing for me, with essentially another first team group training at Chelsea, with another manager in Cudicini, I'd really love to see Chelsea in the early rounds of the league cup rock up without any of their Premier League first team squad and without Maresca and any of his staff and just have the second team, managed by Cudicini and his coaches play in the competition, perhaps in a completely different style - so that the only thing linking them to Maresca's side is the name and the shirt. There's something about that idea that just makes me chuckle.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I know there's no morals in football before anyone jumps on me but there's also the moral question of if it's right to take some young players, some players who should be in their prime and bomb them out, publicly talk about how much you don't rate them and dont see a place for them and generally just act like a shitty club.

They've behaved with no class at all...standard for chelsea.

I don't know, I suppose players like Chuk had their reasons, we benefitted with his fee too, he'll find another club easy. Just a bad chapter of a bigger story.

9 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Chilwell was there too but on his way out, likewise for Kepa on the bench but the other 20 players in the 23 man squad are gone.

Chilwell is linked to United 😂

I think that at some point there will be some massive mad news story about Chelsea as something doesn’t add up. Bit like when City were clearly spending beyond their means. 

I don’t know what it is but there’s something missing somewhere.

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Can overage players play in the Johnstone Paint?

Be funny to watch Lukaku and Sterling playing away vs Stevenage with a bunch of kids

I think the lower league teams can but the PL teams can't, it's the u23 team

Premier League U21 clubs can play over age players in the EFL Trophy but there's a limit, can't remember the exact number, but I think it rarely happens as clubs see the competition as an ideal opportunity to give academy players experience playing against the senior opposition that lower league sides field, albeit they don't always name their first choice starting elevens. In other words I'd be surprised if Chelsea played the likes of Lukaku and Sterling in the competition

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a few things that are really weirdly interesting about the Chelsea sh*tsh*w.

I guess firstly, there's a sort of sense to the idea that in order to succeed they'll need income and that there isn't an investment you can make that increases in value as quickly as a good footballer - they're buying footballers as stock options rather than athletes and are then struggling because they have nowhere to put them when they don't play and they need them to play every now and then in order to increase their value - it's just such a weird strategy - who knows, if in the next few years they're making fortunes selling off all this stock and then building a team that wins things, perhaps they'll have the last laugh, but it's hard to see it working out that way.

The second thing is that it's become really difficult to judge the quality of the players that Chelsea have, simply because they never seem to get a decent run in the side or at least in any sort of settled side - is Badiashile one of the best young centre backs in the world, hamstrung by playing with a different partner every week in a team where he's often dropped in favour of a new toy, or is he an average defender unable to force his way to consistent starts for Chelsea? We don't know. The Chelsea factor makes it really difficult to judge the real quality of the players. It'll be interesting to see how those they sell get on elsewhere.

And the third thing for me, with essentially another first team group training at Chelsea, with another manager in Cudicini, I'd really love to see Chelsea in the early rounds of the league cup rock up without any of their Premier League first team squad and without Maresca and any of his staff and just have the second team, managed by Cudicini and his coaches play in the competition, perhaps in a completely different style - so that the only thing linking them to Maresca's side is the name and the shirt. There's something about that idea that just makes me chuckle.

With regards to your third point. You'd think if they did that that the playing style would be similar if not the same to have one cohesive style and way of playing. But the scatter gun approach that Chelsea have, I wouldn't be surprised if they're essentially two completely different teams. I only see them stockpiling all these players in the hopes that they turn out amazing for them. If not they sell them for a good price. Whether they can get the likes of Real Madrid or Citeh to buy. Or they just hope a Saudi team will come in for them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

They’ve named only 10 subs from the allowed 12 for their game against Servette. How? 🤣

Chuk not in the squad. Loan No.1 incoming.

Maybe some of the players are on strike, I wouldn’t be surprised.

19 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

They’ve named only 10 subs from the allowed 12 for their game against Servette. How? 🤣

I know Chuk is on an insane wage, but I bet there's a part of him regretting the move now. Don't see him getting anywhere near the first team and a loan seems like the only option. Chelsea would need to fill much of his wage demands even if he did go out on loan. What a mess of a club. 

• Like 1

The thing with money is that once you’ve had it for a while the novelty wears off (I’ve heard). I’m sure plenty of players like Chuk are wondering whether they made the right decision.

30 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Is it on TV ? Can't see it listed

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The thing with money is that once you’ve had it for a while the novelty wears off (I’ve heard). I’m sure plenty of players like Chuk are wondering whether they made the right decision.

Truth be told, how was he to know we’d make the biggest managerial improvement in the history of sports shortly after his transfer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Is it on TV ? Can't see it listed

Not where I am however surely there’s some stream but who cares to watch them.

Probably good if they win though, because of the 5th place champions league spot.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Not where I am however surely there’s some stream but who cares to watch them.

Probably good if they win though, because of the 5th place champions league spot.

I know but I need a footy fix and it's them or notts county on TV 🤣

Spoilt for choice !

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â