maqroll

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Keep forgetting we sent Kellyman there, we’ve probably **** his career up. 

He didn't have to sign the contract there. Slavery was abolished a fairly long time ago.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

In all of this total madness, they have sold £200m worth of academy players since Sept 2022. 

Still a shit show of a club, but that is something

Brilliant academy, best in the country imo. How they've ended up selling most of them, when some could walk back onto their team must be rather infuriating for some fans. 

• Like 1

Signed Tosin(ex Fulham) on a free just to resell him in 6 months or next summer I imagine. 

Sterling being totally frozen out now lost his number to Neto and not registered. 

All about wages at Chelsea can't have massive earners like Sterling, Mount and Gallagher wanted them aswell and got sold off instead. 

5 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Our one was Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Ireland and Dunne wasn't it? Even though Dunne was never fit.

Lambert wanted to play Dunne, he was going to throw him into the Bradford second leg but Dunne broke down in training on the day of the match and that was it for his career.

I think we had a couple of bomb squads, Given was in one but was then brought in from the cold for 2014 season with Hutton and Bent. Ireland was playing regularly for first half of 2012 season but then was axed mid season and went to Stoke a few months later.

Think N'zogbia might've been in it one season aswell. He played most of Lambert's first season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

They just seem like a bit of a joke to me.

And I suppose they always have been to an extent, but at least before they were a successful joke.

They were ruthless in the Abramovich era. Sacking managers every six months like Di Matteo and appointing Benitez was very odd and led to a bigger support backlash at the time (they still won the Uefa Cup that season). Ultimately Abramovich did all that to give them the best chance of winning the major titles and it generally worked.

Now they're lightyears off any sort of title challenge and it could easily be another two seasons without CL income so you think they'll start hitting real problems in about 18 months without that income.

What's saved them for next 12 months is they're in the World club cup and think participants get 50m IIRC.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

So do they have a second set of first team coaches for the 15-20 tier 2 squad?

Not sure if you're joking, but the unironic answer is 'yes', apparently Cudicini is responsible for training the bomb squad and they have a completely separate session. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Brilliant academy, best in the country imo. How they've ended up selling most of them, when some could walk back onto their team must be rather infuriating for some fans. 

Would be curious to  see a comparison of academy sales for all teams from the last 5 years.  Man City would be up there, and I'd  expect us to be pretty high  too

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not sure if you're joking, but the unironic answer is 'yes', apparently Cudicini is responsible for training the bomb squad and they have a completely separate session. 

Cheers, I was being serious. I assumed they’d need a full second set of coaches to train these surplus first teamers. Absolute madness over there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Think they ripped it up in the summer and got rid of important staff members and guessing a lot of the academy players joined in Abramovich era

10 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Signed Tosin(ex Fulham) on a free just to resell him in 6 months or next summer I imagine. 

Sterling being totally frozen out now lost his number to Neto and not registered. 

All about wages at Chelsea can't have massive earners like Sterling, Mount and Gallagher wanted them aswell and got sold off instead. 

Am sure Sterling signed for them under this ownership so have only themselves to blame

BUT to give some credit they were proven right on Mount

Neil Bath and Jim Fraser left Chelsea academy in the summer, I think they had been there since the start of Roman Abramovich, and credited with making the academy what it is

But for some reason I don't think new Chelsea ownership are happy with it, as saw they're launching an invesigation to find out why so many of their academy players need loans, whilst a club like Manchester City produce youngsters that don't need loans,  which doesn't make sense on a number of levels, if an academy is producing players good enough to get loans then that's a good thing, not a bad thing, Chelsea of all academies, with the massive amount of players they have, need the loan system more than most, and Manchester City send plenty of their youth products out on loan

I wonder if they wear name badges?

Imagine being Felix walking in and being expected to learn the names of 40 odd colleagues. and that's before getting to all the training and auxiliary staff

I know they have the wee initials on their training gear but still....

So the bomb squad will all be pissed off, lose value and cost money if they sit on their contracts. Chelsea clearly does not care about the financial element for whatever reason. The players who have come in have been awarded big money and long contracts too, and they haven't come for the chance of immediate champions league either - so I have doubts that they are particularly committed. They have a new manager having got rid of the last guy who had just started turning the ship around. They are so very and utterly f*cked. 

Edited by Jareth

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

So the bomb squad will all be pissed off, lose value and cost money if they sit on their contracts. Chelsea clearly does not care about the financial element for whatever reason. The players who have come in have been awarded big money and long contracts too, and they haven't come for the chance of immediate champions league either - so I have doubts that they are particularly committed. They have a new manager having got rid of the last guy who had just started turning the ship around. They are so very and utterly f*cked. 

I know there's no morals in football before anyone jumps on me but there's also the moral question of if it's right to take some young players, some players who should be in their prime and bomb them out, publicly talk about how much you don't rate them and dont see a place for them and generally just act like a shitty club.

They've behaved with no class at all...standard for chelsea.

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Just one survivor from their Champions League winning team of just 3 years in Reece James and his career is in doubt with how injury prone he is.

Don't think even the Ajax team of the 90s was dismantled as quick.

Chilwell was there too but on his way out, likewise for Kepa on the bench but the other 20 players in the 23 man squad are gone.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â