maqroll

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

I *think* their plan is to sign up lots of players, keep the good ones, loan out/sell the academy products for revenue and sell the unwanted players they have.  How that strategy self finances itself I don't know. The assumption is that they think even failures like Mudryk\Lukaku will still net them decent money when they sell which I don't think will be the case. 

I'm of a similar view point with the added factor that they may get some kind of ban/punishment for the dodgy Russian payments so stockpiling players ahead of that judgement could also be a motive. 

In that weird Chelsea system, talented youngsters almost become like petrol in a car. You need to keep churning out players for profit to enable the buying machine to keep moving. Soon will make it so they don't want good youth players in their own team as they offer more in terms of PSR then they could on the pitch. Case in point, Connor Gallagher & KDH. Gallagher is clearly the superior player but in their view, it's better to book a profit of £34m for him and have KDH costing £9m per year in wages & amortization. That lets them buy GK #8  🤯

I know we can have a dig at players like Carney who had good deals at Villa but for others where they're swept up from lower leagues at 12-18yrs old, I really feel for them. They get offered life changing money and you often take the bird in the hand over thinking you'll eventually progress from Rotherham to Real Madrid by doing your time. These kids are signing up to an expensive education in the Chelsea system before being flogged to whoever will have you at 20-24 with sell-ons so Chelsea make some more money if you get your career back on track 😢

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

I'm genuinely fascinated by what's going on at Chelsea. Oh to be a fly on the wall at that club. Their wage budget must be eye-watering at this point. 

It feels like it's an house of cards about to fall. 

Especially when you hear that some players have to change in outside the changing room because there isn't room for all of them 🤣

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They've only purchased Felix so Atletico can afford to buy Gallagher. 

I don't know if you're joking, but yes, what if it's as cynical as all that? I couldn't say I'm surprised, if that's the depressing truth. I also wonder if Chelsea wanted to keep Joao away from Villa, which is kind of hilarious, too. Either way, it's very hard to see how Joao suddenly becomes unstoppable at Chelsea.

Chelsea has become a secondary Saudi league -- a kind of boarding gate or weigh station to get paid before you jump off and throw your career away for good. One wonders whether Mendes knew this the whole time, too.

• Like 3

These guys have to get at least a points deduction but my argument is that they used these players to hinder other clubs progress. These players won them trophies and denied other clubs access to lucrative competitions. How do you go about sanctioning them for what they've done and compensating the other clubs? They've got to be taking their achievements out of the record books, putting asterix's next to their name etc because they won none of it fairly.

The whole structure over the last 20 years totally stinks.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fofana, Tosin, Chilwell and Sterling out of the European registration

The absolute definition of shambles. I sincerely hope they don’t somehow get away with this.

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

These guys have to get at least a points deduction but my argument is that they used these players to hinder other clubs progress. These players won them trophies and denied other clubs access to lucrative competitions. How do you go about sanctioning them for what they've done and compensating the other clubs? They've got to be taking their achievements out of the record books, putting asterix's next to their name etc because they won none of it fairly.

The whole structure over the last 20 years totally stinks.

Chelsea are anti-competitive - drawing on income far beyond many (with potential links to the Saudis) who horde talent for profit whilst spending over a billion. They invent shirt sponsors to inflate income and sell hotels to themselves (which the league has yet to ratify) and flaunt the rules. 

But we had to see for PSR and European competition compliance. Kick them out of the league.

whats the betting that as they "reported themselves" and it was "under a historic owner", they get a slap on the wrist and a minor sanction of some sort.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fofana, Tosin, Chilwell and Sterling out of the European registration

Tosin was their big name defensive signing so not sure what's happened there.

I could understand them playing Fofana at the weekend given he's hardly had a kick in two years so needs games but to leave Tosin out of the European games to ease him in is a strange move.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â