maqroll

More competition for Carney to get into a match day squad. Obviously he wouldn't have known what they were going to do but he ****ed up going there and he needs to get out ASAP 

Palace would be a decent place for his development 

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

More competition for Carney to get into a match day squad. Obviously he wouldn't have known what they were going to do but he ****ed up going there and he needs to get out ASAP 

Palace would be a decent place for his development 

If he stays there he could easily become one of those long lost forgotten England youth internationals we all had high hopes for. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

They have bought players for about £1.2 billion, or £1200mill if you aren’t American, under Boehly, that is £240mill in amortisation per year with 5 year amortisation.

With 40 first team players, and if we assume they make £5mill a year in average, that is an other £200mill.

Chelsea’s yearly income is around £500mill, meaning they have £60mill left after amortisation and player salaries.

At some stage if the result on the pitch aren’t improving their income will start to fall, but amortisation and salaries will stay fixed.

In other words they heading for point deduction and possible relegation.

42 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

They have bought players for about £1.2 billion, or £1200mill if you aren’t American, under Boehly, that is £240mill in amortisation per year with 5 year amortisation.

With 40 first team players, and if we assume they make £5mill a year in average, that is an other £200mill.

Chelsea’s yearly income is around £500mill, meaning they have £60mill left after amortisation and player salaries.

At some stage if the result on the pitch aren’t improving their income will start to fall, but amortisation and salaries will stay fixed.

Yes though a lot of the players were bought with 6-8 years amortisation period before they changed the rules to a maximum of 5 years. 

Also a lot of the younger players were bought with lower salaries than usual top players so maybe £5m is a little high for the average. 

Finally, because they have Saudi connections, their income won’t fall. For example, their shirt sponsorship last season was an unknown company with basically zero income yet could still sponsor Chelsea for £40-60 million per year. 

You also need to count the player sales they make - is it £400m of sales since Boehly came in?

They also sold two hotels to themselves for £150m -ish and sold their women’s team to themselves for another £150m -ish.

Edited by ender4

24 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They also sold two hotels to themselves for £150m -ish and sold their women’s team to themselves for another £150m -ish.

Can only do those things once though...

Amazes me that they've spent literally billions in the last few seasons and they still dont have a recognisably "star" striker who will get them 15 goals and have about 10 goalkeepers, all of whom are distinctly average

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

If the likes of Carney (and others) are allegedly earning £115k per week, they've got big problems in also trying to sell them.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yes though a lot of the players were bought with 6-8 years amortisation period before they changed the rules to a maximum of 5 years. 

Also a lot of the younger players were bought with lower salaries than usual top players so maybe £5m is a little high for the average. 

Finally, because they have Saudi connections, their income won’t fall. For example, their shirt sponsorship last season was an unknown company with basically zero income yet could still sponsor Chelsea for £40-60 million per year. 

You also need to count the player sales they make - is it £400m of sales since Boehly came in?

I think in their last financial report said they used £190mill on player salaries, so I believe it’s conservative to estimate £200mill going forward.

Chelsea lost about £250mill according to their last financial statement, they reduced it to a loss of £90mill by selling assets (hotels (£76.5mill) and the part of the women’s team (value the entire women’s team at £150mill) to themself.)

None of those deals have yet to be approved by the league as fair value, meaning the league could reduce the sales value and then Chelsea would be in breach of PSR. Especially the women’s team valuation seems suspect.

Chelsea still don’t have a shirt sponsor, last year they wanted £60mill for a one year deal, but in the end they had to accept £40mill. Chelsea want a one year deal in case they next year get into Champions League, and if they are tied down in a long term deal they wouldn’t get a bumper deal next year. This strategy could backfire, because large corporations want multi year deals, meaning they can only attract smaller companies that maybe aren’t able to pay what Chelsea wants. So far this year two Middle Eastern airlines have turn them down, because difference in valuation were to great. Even with the Saudi connection, they could end up with a shirt sponsor paying them £20-£30mill.

Chelsea’s issue is that almost all their income would be tide up in amortisation and player salaries the next 5-8 years, and one day they will run out of things to sell to themself.

It's not often I find myself agreeing with Jamie Carrager but he was spot on about Chelsea last night. What a mess they've got themselves in with the numbers they have, the contracts they've given, the money they've spent and continued to spend.

How on earth are they going to move what's basically 2 squads of players they don't want on from the club and build some kind of united team around the players they want to keep? Feels like they're headed for disaster on and off the pitch.

This club makes a mockery of the game. Basically the poster boys for how financially broken the sport is. Well, them and Barca I suppose. And Citeh..

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm really struggling to see what the end game is for Chelsea. 

I *think* their plan is to sign up lots of players, keep the good ones, loan out/sell the academy products for revenue and sell the unwanted players they have.  How that strategy self finances itself I don't know. The assumption is that they think even failures like Mudryk\Lukaku will still net them decent money when they sell which I don't think will be the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

They're inspired by Genghis Khan so in 10 years time they want 0.5% of all footballers in the worlds to have belonged to Chelsea at some time in their career.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

They’re gonna have over a dozen players on massive wages who don’t even get into the 20 man matchday squad.

Playing a game for Chelsea will be like an England call up. They’ll get a call or text on a Friday to tell them they might play an actual game.

It’s a new level of batshit crazy. Forget about “kicking a bag of wind around for £100k a week”, many of the Chelsea squad will be paid double that to stay at home.

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â