maqroll

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Madueke had a really good game v us on the right, gave Digne all sorts of trouble at VP in the second half.

Unused sub today and talk of Newcastle wanted him.

That's their problem with their strategy right there. Sign a young player and he warms the bench for 12 months. Then he gets a run of starts and some consistency and they change the coach and he's suddenly out of favour and expendable.

They sell him and then Neto gets injured and misses half the season and Maresca or whoever else is there will be moaning about injuries as Poch was.

Imagine Arsenal doing all that with Saka and Martinelli. Instead they gave both time to establish themselves.

Good post. It's baffling how they haven't worked out that their approach is just getting in their own way. Supposedly they're looking to sell Disasi and/or Badiashile as well, two more players who improved (somewhat) over a year of development but that they won't make much money on because of their contract lengths. 

I tried to be open-minded about this Chelsea project two years ago, and said I could see the logic of buying a bunch of promising young players and then entrusting them to a manager (Potter) who gets players to improve. Unfortunately (for them), since then they have swung between reactive short-termism and long-term optimism which each decision, and so have ended up creating a culture where young players have been bought with future development in mind on the basis of their long-term potential but the manager is expected to get results right now, and also keep a giant squad happy. They can't keep trying to ride both horses, they have to pick one or the other. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their front of shirt sponsor is going to be wanting a pretty sizable discount if/ when one gets signed. I know most of what they pay for is tv coverage, but with nearly all the home shirts probably already having been sold, they're not getting the public exposure they'd like. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Their front of shirt sponsor is going to be wanting a pretty sizable discount if/ when one gets signed. I know most of what they pay for is tv coverage, but with nearly all the home shirts probably already having been sold, they're not getting the public exposure they'd like. 

Same as last year

And then they plucked an unknown Saudi mate out of nowhere for £60m

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They are probably waiting to see just how much money they need to plug the gap in their balance sheet after the transfer windows slams shut before they sign a sponsorship deal with a Saudi business for exactly the correct amount. Convenient. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea would probably demand Rashford in any swop only due to his marketability off the pitch!

win/win for United then

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

win/win for United then

Not really, Sterling would waste so many chances playing for Man. United so wouldn't be an improvement on any of their forwards. Also stalls the development of Amad Diallo for another year.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not really, Sterling would waste so many chances playing for Man. United so wouldn't be an improvement on any of their forwards. Also stalls the development of Amad Diallo for another year.

It was win:win on the hypothetical basis they wanted him, if they could also get rid of Rashford.

I think Sterling is better than any of their current wingers, but not by enough to justify the cost and risk involved. 

Throwing s**t at the wall and hoping something sticks is certainly a interesting strategy when the s**t costs £45m or more a poop.

Was being absolutely toilet for 2 years not a clue to Sterling?

That guy has always overstated his own ability though tbf. Man walked out of a sweet gig at City as he thought he should be playing 90 minutes every 3 days.

I dont think I have seen a team who are probably cheating but being so bad at it

They remind me of that QPR team that gave Arry and Mark.Hughes a blank chequebook and overpaid on rubbish

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â