maqroll

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the way they're treating Conor Gallagher- crap contract offer to deliberately force him out, threatening him with training with the bomb squad, nudging him into a move he didn't want then telling him he has to come back because they're too stupid to get a deal sorted......

If I was him and his agent, I'd tell Chelsea to f**k off and make sure a deal was sorted by 3pm Saturday. Otherwise, I'll return to England, train with the kitchen staff if I have to......and sort my own deal out abroad and sign a pre-contract for jack shit in January.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

Can't believe the way they're treating Conor Gallagher- crap contract offer to deliberately force him out, threatening him with training with the bomb squad, nudging him into a move he didn't want then telling him he has to come back because they're too stupid to get a deal sorted......

If I was him and his agent, I'd tell Chelsea to f**k off and make sure a deal was sorted by 3pm Saturday. Otherwise, I'll return to England, train with the kitchen staff if I have to......and sort my own deal out abroad and sign a pre-contract for jack shit in January.

You can see why sometimes players take matters into their own hands to force a move, this is a great example. He’s been completely dicked around by the club he was at since an 8 year old.

Edit: Just looked into it, it seems like the hold up is the fact Atletico have to offload somebody before they can sign Gallagher and it’s that part which is dragging on. 

Edited by Genie

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

You can see why sometimes players take matters into their own hands to force a move, this is a great example. He’s been completely dicked around by the club he was at since an 8 year old.

Edit: Just looked into it, it seems like the hold up is the fact Atletico have to offload somebody before they can sign Gallagher and it’s that part which is dragging on. 

Apparently they had agreed a swap and with Samu but then Chelsea changed the contract last minutem sort of why Felix was then thrown into a deal

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its why I find when fans and clubs criticize players for lack of loyalty when the players will be quickly thrown away as soon as a new shiny toy turns up

I find the ex-players podcasts really interesting when they talk about how clubs tried to do them dirty. Fans are kept in the dark and the players have to keep quiet too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Get what you're saying Genie, but they had no problem ponying up the money for Julian Alvarez....which apparently came about after their interest in Gallagher  ?

9 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Get what you're saying Genie, but they had no problem ponying up the money for Julian Alvarez....which apparently came about after their interest in Gallagher  ?

I think this one is a little more difficult (political?) as the Gallagher deal hinged on Samu going to Chelsea but it seems Chelsea messed that up. There’s probably some games going on here between the 2 clubs and Gallagher is the one caught in the crossfire.

34 players over the age of 21 that would need registering in their 25 man PL squad.

That's 9 players they need to sell/loan in the next 2 and a bit weeks.

Before they sign anyone else which will no doubt happen.

And not even mentioning the 10 players under 21 signed for a combined £120m that they don't need to register but will probably be expecting some game time.

They're going to hace to continue this huge number of sales for a long time as those signings age and cross the threshold of needing to be registered. 

Back end of last season they looked like they might finally have some sort of settled squad and getting good results, then they immediately go full mental by sacking the coach and signing dozens of players again.

Joke club.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

There's a lot of speculation going around that the reason Chelsea are building such a big squad is a potential transfer ban that's coming their way. I'm not sure about that, but it's an interesting theory. 

Silly question but would they still be able to sell and loan out payers? If so, that would let them make money to then still bring on board some experienced free transfers while playing their existing inflated squad

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Silly question but would they still be able to sell and loan out payers? If so, that would let them make money to then still bring on board some experienced free transfers while playing their existing inflated squad

Yes normally a transfer ban is just for incoming players.

I think they could technically still sign incoming players, they just wouldn't be allowed to register them.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yes normally a transfer ban is just for incoming players.

I think they could technically still sign incoming players, they just wouldn't be allowed to register them.

Does that include not being able to sign free transfers?   Can't remember if frees were OK or they had to be signed off by the FA in special circumstances like only having one GK  -  not a problem for Chelsea with their 8/9  🤣

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

Does that include not being able to sign free transfers?   Can't remember if frees were OK or they had to be signed off by the FA in special circumstances like only having one GK  -  not a problem for Chelsea with their 8/9  🤣

Free transfers are the same as a paid-for transfer.  You still can't register them to play even if you agree a contract with the player.

• Thanks 1

Now in for Victor Osimhen… they’re so blatant it’s unbelievable. 

I know we’ve bought Maatsen off them this season but hope this is the last money we ever pay that club to help them ‘fix’ their FFP predicament 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â