maqroll

22 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Their strategy is the same as Man City’s although more extreme: buy lots of talent, loan them out or keep them for a year or two and then sell off at a profit. Very simple, in fact. As long as there is no limit on players under contract. Quite risky of course, but still completely legal and as long as talented players are willing to sign for them, they will continue. 

Cheers. So the answer is register the 25, have a bunch of U21s kicking around the training ground, then loan out the rest. 

Haven’t looked at their squad this summer, but I’d bet there’s a few in there worth plucking out if the price is right. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Awol said:

Cheers. So the answer is register the 25, have a bunch of U21s kicking around the training ground, then loan out the rest. 

Haven’t looked at their squad this summer, but I’d bet there’s a few in there worth plucking out if the price is right. 

Yeah, or just not register a few and keep them on for a year. They will not have a 100% success rate obviously, but they do not need to: Selling some each year will quickly raise 50 mill at least. Look at ManCity, only this window I think they have sold two I have not really heard of for 20 mill each. 

22 hours ago, Hughes said:

Their strategy is the same as Man City’s although more extreme: buy lots of talent, loan them out or keep them for a year or two and then sell off at a profit. Very simple, in fact. As long as there is no limit on players under contract. Quite risky of course, but still completely legal and as long as talented players are willing to sign for them, they will continue. 

They're signing shit though on huge wages and long term deals.

It's akin to Woodward giving tits like Phil Jones and Martial new deals to 'protect their value'.

Nobody is taking on these contracts.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

They're signing shit though on huge wages and long term deals.

It's akin to Woodward giving tits like Phil Jones and Martial new deals to 'protect their value'.

Nobody is taking on these contracts.

I don’t agree. What they are doing is primarily signing younger players who I am pretty sure you have no idea receive in salary. Some of them are paid well, granted, but quite a lot of them not so much (in the sense of “nobody is taking on” their contracts). In fact, proof is in the pudding - they are selling on lots of players for profits, same as City. Comparing this to extending Phil Jones etc is just nonsense, sorry. 

1 minute ago, Hughes said:

I don’t agree. What they are doing is primarily signing younger players who I am pretty sure you have no idea receive in salary. Some of them are paid well, granted, but quite a lot of them not so much (in the sense of “nobody is taking on” their contracts). In fact, proof is in the pudding - they are selling on lots of players for profits, same as City. Comparing this to extending Phil Jones etc is just nonsense, sorry. 

The players they have sold are the family silver that have been part of a previous regime.

Besides in the future should they sell one or two it's not offsetting in anyway the truly insane wages and fees and length of deals for shite like Fernandez Mudryk and Sterling plus numerous others 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

The players they have sold are the family silver that have been part of a previous regime.

Besides in the future should they sell one or two it's not offsetting in anyway the truly insane wages and fees and length of deals for shite like Fernandez Mudryk and Sterling plus numerous others 

Yeah ok. But that’s not the players I am talking about. And it’s not “one or two”, I know you know that. Calling Fernandez “shit” is also rather poor form. Anyway, I am not saying what they are doing is fantastic or anything - they have taken this to the extreme and it is very risky. However, maybe 100k a week today is not that much in five years time - ever thought about that? 

Just now, Hughes said:

Yeah ok. But that’s not the players I am talking about. And it’s not “one or two”, I know you know that. Calling Fernandez “shit” is also rather poor form. Anyway, I am not saying what they are doing is fantastic or anything - they have taken this to the extreme and it is very risky. However, maybe 100k a week today is not that much in five years time - ever thought about that? 

He is shit. Really shit.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

9 year deal for Cole Palmer. 

You read that right. 

Nine. 

The 7 year deal he already had clearly not long enough, crazy.

They kind of are doing what city are doing they're just not doing it anywhere near as well

City hoover up a lot of talent for less than £10m that you never hear of, they're not in and around the first team, they are out at feeder clubs or in the youth set up and then flipped for profit, I would say city better define what these players are and pay less for them, as an example city paid £15m for echeverri, Chelsea paid £60m for estevao, might be wrong here but if you were to list city's biggest fees paid for U21 players and then Chelsea's the difference would be stark

City also then spend money on senior players far better, it's not even close, city's scouting blows Chelsea's out the water 

It's a hard comparison because money aside city are the best ran club in the world top to bottom, begristain whatever his name is is as important as pep, if Chelsea are following the city model they're doing a very bad job of it

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's a hard comparison because money aside city are the best ran club in the world top to bottom, begristain whatever his name is is as important as pep, if Chelsea are following the city model they're doing a very bad job of it

115 charges would indicate thet are corrupt and not well run

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

115 charges would indicate thet are corrupt and not well run

If you put the blatant cheating to one side, really well run. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you put the blatant cheating to one side, really well run. 

Yep pretty much

They cheat like **** no doubt about it but they are the best ran club in football

The 2 added together means they dominate 

Chelsea are the opposite 

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, Hughes said:

they are selling on lots of players for profits, same as City. Comparing this to extending Phil Jones etc is just nonsense, sorry. 

Are they selling players they have purchased or just ones through their youth team? They spend big money on the purchases so you’d imagine the wages are in line with the fees. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

The 7 year deal he already had clearly not long enough, crazy.

Its baffling. Why extend it? Where is the con? Unless he's took a pay cut for a longer deal? 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Its baffling. Why extend it? Where is the con? Unless he's took a pay cut for a longer deal? 

I assumed after such a strong first season he got a pay rise.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â