maqroll

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

Add Neto (who is class) to the picture below that's been shared already and you could make an argument for the worst value for money squad in Premier League history.

The quality vs cost average of the squad is so deeply wrong.

They look a bit short at RB.

Reece James always injured so it's just Gusto.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He would be their 46th squad player. Nothing to see here. Totally normal. 

Barry Fry must be involved. I remember steve claridge's autobiography when he said pre-season training was like something out of Zulu.

38 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Neto is a very good signing IMO. If they'd made more signings like that rather than unproven gambles they'd be doing a lot better the last 2 seasons.

A Wolves supporting friend of mine said on hearing Wolves have sold him, "good, they can have him, he's made of blancmange". 

He's a good signing when he plays. 

(And yes, I know, I need new friends).

35 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

A Wolves supporting friend of mine said on hearing Wolves have sold him, "good, they can have him, he's made of blancmange". 

He's a good signing when he plays. 

(And yes, I know, I need new friends).

That's true, his injury record would be a concern. No idea if he's injury prone or just been unlucky though.

2 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

They've got real potential to be an absolute disaster next season and I cannot wait. 😂

There are a couple of other clubs I’d rather be an absolute disaster, but the more the merrier 🤣

IMG-0429.jpg

• Haha 1

Neto is a superb player.

injured a lot, but superb.

injuries wont matter much at chelsea tho i guess, one of the other 5419 players there could fill in i guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So...how come PSR doesn't seemingly apply to them?

Became they sell huge volumes of players for good money every year.

they have sold 100m of players already this summer, and will sell a few more.

280m of sales last year, 70m and 155m the years before that.

its a suped up version of what we are doing.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Neto is a superb player.

injured a lot, but superb.

injuries wont matter much at chelsea tho i guess, one of the other 5419 players there could fill in i guess.

But they can only name 17 people in their squad that aren't home grown, and then only 8 more that are.

They won't have any more players available to them than any other team in the league.

Obviously average price of those players will be much higher, but I'm not sure their ability is matching the amount they cost in a lot of cases.

I think Boehly has failed to make the distinction between the two types of football.  He's attempting to reach the magic number of 53 on the "roster."  

I read somewhere that they now have 8 goalkeepers.... 

42 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

I think Boehly has failed to make the distinction between the two types of football.  He's attempting to reach the magic number of 53 on the "roster."  

I read somewhere that they now have 8 goalkeepers.... 

They do, although the 8th they just signed for 20m is spending the season back on loan at the club they bought him from. 

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Became they sell huge volumes of players for good money every year.

they have sold 100m of players already this summer, and will sell a few more.

280m of sales last year, 70m and 155m the years before that.

its a suped up version of what we are doing.

But what you haven't said is...when we sell its generally first team players. They are not. So it's not the same thing. 

18 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So...how come PSR doesn't seemingly apply to them?

I just think Chelsea have found ways around PSR, so it doesn't affect them. They basically sold two hotels near the club which helped them and let's just be honest, PSR isn't fit for purpose in the first place. 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I just think Chelsea have found ways around PSR, so it doesn't affect them. They basically sold two hotels near the club which helped them and let's just be honest, PSR isn't fit for purpose in the first place. 

Its not.

But selling two hotels to yourself is just blatent the cheating

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â