maqroll

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play lacrosse and our clock could be a good suggestion:

Clock continues as normal if ball goes out unless it is out for a long time or there is an injuries. ref calls that the clock has been stopped and will call when it restarts.

Last 3 minutes - stop clock - all times the ball is out of play clock is stopped.

a suggestion?

The kid should get the same punishment as a player would for timewasting. He's an employee of the football club just like a player is. Players get fined for such things, why shouldn't the kid? Especially as he's not exactly a kid, he's 17.

The thing about ballboys is that they have been doing that kind of shit since the first day ballboys existed.  Me and my school mates used to be ballboys down Nuneaton Boro from time to time (probably about 1989/1990, I was definitely still at middle school) and we were encouraged to do it there.  If the home team is losing and it's their ball then it comes back into play at the speed of light, if the away team are losing and it is their ball then ballboys give up possession less easily than Xavi on a particularly good day.  It happens down the Villa, it happens everywhere, it is part of home advantage.   Why are people suddenly surprised by this? Just because they never thought about it before? 

So kicking a minor is ok?

Hopefully none of your kids are assaulted by an adult, but im sure you will have a differing view then.

Only in football can you get away with this barbarian attitude. Im quickly going off the game.

He didn't kick him.

So do I, but I promise if they rolled round like that when they never got hurt I'd tell them to get a grip and stop whinging.

In this scenario the 17-year-old will survive I'm sure.

Edited by Tomaszk

Ballboy is a dick - shouldn't be wasting time and shouldn't be allowed to do the job again - if he was instructed to do so then the club should be fined.

Hazard is an idiot - he has absolutely no right whatsoever to leave the field of play and get involved in a physical altercation with somebody doing a job off the pitch.

For me, the two things are only connected because Hazard decided to connect them.

If Hazard was within his rights to kick the ball out through a ball boy that he shouldn't have been anywhere near, then the referee was wrong to send him off, and by the simple extrapolation of that logic, Hazard would have been well within his rights to slap the referee until he changed his mind, without fear of any repercussion.

For me the referee is spot on, Hazard should be banned for three games and made to feel like pillock for a couple of weeks, the ball boy should be rightly mocked for a short while and we should all go about our lives in the usual disorderly manner.

Ballboy is a dick - shouldn't be wasting time and shouldn't be allowed to do the job again - if he was instructed to do so then the club should be fined.

Hazard is an idiot - he has absolutely no right whatsoever to leave the field of play and get involved in a physical altercation with somebody doing a job off the pitch.

For me, the two things are only connected because Hazard decided to connect them.

If Hazard was within his rights to kick the ball out through a ball boy that he shouldn't have been anywhere near, then the referee was wrong to send him off, and by the simple extrapolation of that logic, Hazard would have been well within his rights to slap the referee until he changed his mind, without fear of any repercussion.

For me the referee is spot on, Hazard should be banned for three games and made to feel like pillock for a couple of weeks, the ball boy should be rightly mocked for a short while and we should all go about our lives in the usual disorderly manner.

:hooray:

He did what footballers do week in week out. Time wasting, feigning injury, behaving in general like a prat. Football just isn't the sport it used to be, all this behaviour came in from abroad as well I might add. Kids watching the game now thing it's a normal part of the game, they've not seen anything else - very sad for the future of the sport. 

You've hit the nail on the head. These foreign ball boys coming over to England with their dirty tactics; time-wasting and diving all over the place.

And the youngsters watching the game learn from these ball-boys and think it's ok to do what their idols do. 

The thing about ballboys is that they have been doing that kind of shit since the first day ballboys existed.  Me and my school mates used to be ballboys down Nuneaton Boro from time to time (probably about 1989/1990, I was definitely still at middle school) and we were encouraged to do it there.  If the home team is losing and it's their ball then it comes back into play at the speed of light, if the away team are losing and it is their ball then ballboys give up possession less easily than Xavi on a particularly good day.  It happens down the Villa, it happens everywhere, it is part of home advantage.   Why are people suddenly surprised by this? Just because they never thought about it before? 

Well, as I said to the Hoddle point a couple of pages back.

THere's a difference between being slow to give the ball back and lying on top of the ball deliberately stopping a player from getting it.

be longer games as on average the ball is only in play 25 minutes a half

That's why I said certain situations.

Don't stop the clock every time it's out of play. But for major stoppages, like the faff about the ballboy, the clock can be stopped.LIke they do in Rugby. If it's a lineout, the clock doesn't stop. But if there's a major stoppage then it does.

If you assume that game would probably have had 4 minutes injury time anyway, they ended up with 6 minutes. That ballboy shit lasted way longer than 2 minutes.

Just seems like Football is very unstrict about this stuff. As I said, in other sports, rules are rules.

That's why I said certain situations.

Don't stop the clock every time it's out of play.

But then there would still be time wasting, with players taking their time in situations where the referee wasn't stopping the clock. Edited by AvfcTheObsession

But then there would still be time wasting, with players taking their time in situations where the referee wasn't stopping the clock.

I didn't say there wouldn't be.

I agree with Stevo's point that while there has always been 'home advantage' associated with ballboy behaviour, lying on top of the ball in order to prevent the opposition from restarting play is a step too far. To suggest otherwise, I feel, is to lose perspective. What next? Kicking it into the crowd? They then become literally the opposite of what they're there to do.

This 17 year old was clearly a trolling little word removed who did a pre-meditated act. That's not admonishing Hazard because Hazard was silly to do what he did, but let's not turn this little chavvy prick into a victim here.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â