coda

How are you going to make a team out of those lot. It will be impossible to know their best XI . It will be a nightmare  to keep them all happy. Lots of players are going to retire prematurely with less than 10 appearances a season.  Look at Ings today leaving because of lack of starts. And thats with 2 strikers on the books. 

Ps and dont forget the 100 million they blew on Lukaku. They only got 8 million back in loan fees for this season. 

The money might be good but the culture is going to be abysmal.  

Will they not be able to register all their players next season ? 

• Like 1

This is the squad list from Wikipedia and not including Lukaku, Hudson Odoi and a couple more players on loan. Unsustainable and Boehly is a clown

No. Pos. Nation Player
1 GK Spain ESP Kepa Arrizabalaga
4 DF France FRA Benoît Badiashile
5 MF Italy ITA Jorginho (vice-captain)
6 DF Brazil BRA Thiago Silva
7 MF France FRA N'Golo Kanté
8 MF Croatia CRO Mateo Kovačić
9 FW Gabon GAB Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
10 MF United States USA Christian Pulisic
11 FW Portugal POR João Félix (on loan from Atlético Madrid)
12 MF England ENG Ruben Loftus-Cheek
13 GK England ENG Marcus Bettinelli
14 DF England ENG Trevoh Chalobah
15 FW Ukraine UKR Mykhailo Mudryk
16 GK Senegal SEN Édouard Mendy
17 MF England ENG Raheem Sterling
18 FW Albania ALB Armando Broja
19 MF England ENG Mason Mount

No. Pos. Nation Player
20 MF Switzerland SUI Denis Zakaria (on loan from Juventus)
21 DF England ENG Ben Chilwell
22 MF Morocco MAR Hakim Ziyech
23 MF England ENG Conor Gallagher
24 DF England ENG Reece James
26 DF Senegal SEN Kalidou Koulibaly
27 FW Ivory Coast CIV David Datro Fofana
28 DF Spain ESP César Azpilicueta (captain)
29 MF Germany GER Kai Havertz
30 MF England ENG Carney Chukwuemeka
32 DF Spain ESP Marc Cucurella
33 DF France FRA Wesley Fofana
36 GK United States USA Gabriel Slonina
42 DF England ENG Bashir Humphreys
56 MF Jamaica JAM Omari Hutchinson
67 MF England ENG Lewis Hall
MF Brazil BRA

Andrey Santos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.#Players

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its the opposite of money ball, there's seemingly no analysis to it let alone traditional scouting

Its peacocking

But haven’t they taken the whole of Brightons recruitment team, surely they know what they’re doing? It’s all a bit weird.

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

But haven’t they taken the whole of Brightons recruitment team, surely they know what they’re doing? It’s all a bit weird.

I think it's man utds "we're still a big club everything is fine look at us buying who we want" transfer policy on steroids

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its the opposite of money ball, there's seemingly no analysis to it let alone traditional scouting

Its peacocking

Exactly. Moneyball is about taking players others wouldn't based on deep statistics. If anything that's more like what we are doing with Moreno and Duran.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

How are you going to make a team out of those lot. It will be impossible to know their best XI . It will be a nightmare  to keep them all happy. Lots of players are going to retire prematurely with less than 10 appearances a season.  Look at Ings today leaving because of lack of starts. And thats with 2 strikers on the books. 

Ps and dont forget the 100 million they blew on Lukaku. They only got 8 million back in loan fees for this season. 

The money might be good but the culture is going to be abysmal.  

Will they not be able to register all their players next season ? 

I don't see how they can, unless they get half the first team to dress like teenagers and somehow convince officials that they are under "21". Lots of fake IDs being knocked up as we speak, like the ones you used to get in Sainsbury's Car Park so you could buy booze. I mean.....allegedly. 🤫

Edit. BTW I thought they had to submit registration docs at the end of the transfer window, would that not make them ineligible in February, not just next season? Maybe someone who knows the regs better than me can confirm. 

Edited by HKP90

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Moneyball on steroids 

It’s not moneyball at all as far as I can tell, moneyball was all about finding cheap but effective players based off of algorithms and data analysis.

This is just literally throwing money around like confetti whilst still not addressing the key issue in the squad (lack of a good striker) and expecting a new manager to just make it all gel.

Its more like Nottingham Forest on steroids.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s not moneyball at all as far as I can tell, moneyball was all about finding cheap but effective players based off of algorithms and data analysis.

This is just literally throwing money around like confetti whilst still not addressing the key issue in the squad (lack of a good striker) and expecting a new manager to just make it all gel.

Its more like Nottingham Forest on steroids.

Yeah Guilbert is the best example and explanation of moneyball

We need a RB, we don't have money, scouting would tell you that reece James or TAA are great RBs but that's a waste of time because they're mega money signings

Instead your data analysts tells you that this unknown RB in the French league is top 5 across Europe for interceptions and he will cost £2m

He is the purest "moneyball" signing I can think of, he stood out because of 1 particular stat

The difference in the sports and why the whole moneyball concept is bollocks anyway is that we then no doubt scouted him in a traditional sense afterwards, in football its merely an identification tool

58 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Edit. BTW I thought they had to submit registration docs at the end of the transfer window, would that not make them ineligible in February, not just next season? Maybe someone who knows the regs better than me can confirm. 

Yes, all teams have to re-submit a new squad list after the transfer window closes.  Chelsea are going to have a few 'big' players not make that squad list, which means they won't be able to play in the Premier League until August.    There is a different squad list for Europe so they can still play in European matches though.   So they might spread their players across 2 different squad lists.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yes, all teams have to re-submit a new squad list after the transfer window closes.  Chelsea are going to have a few 'big' players not make that squad list, which means they won't be able to play in the Premier League until August.    There is a different squad list for Europe so they can still play in European matches though.   So they might spread their players across 2 different squad lists.

That’s going to ruffle a few feathers we might not expect ruffled.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

But anyone under 21 doesn't count towards squad lists so they might have more space than we think?

They only have 5 players 21 or under. one is Chuk, the 2 kids have been playing at full back I think, Badiashile and Broja

• Thanks 1

Â