coda

£88m for a bloke who’s played about 40 games in the Ukrainian league. Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka looked world beaters there also.

More hilarious business from Chelsea, also how deep is their seemingly endless money pit? They’ve spent an absolute fortunate surely the FFP line is now but a speck in the distance.

14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Football has been disappearing up its own arse for a long time now. It’s getting worse with Chelsea embodying all that’s wrong with the game. I would so love for it all to come crashing down and for them to face some severe punishment for their FFP breaches, but we know that will never happen. A salary cap would have been wise 10 years ago, I think it’s too late now unfortunately. 

Salary cap would be interesting if it was a total squad payroll limit of X million a year. So you could sign someone for 400k a week but it would mean less for other players and mean all the star players couldn't be hoovered up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What does this mean?

Sterling was on big money at City and Chelsea were stupid to take his contract. Now they wont find a buyer unless Newcastle need a big name England international

3 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What does this mean?

Instead of City having to pay Sterling about £20m to be an underperforming, regressing player who barely contributed... Chelsea gave them £30m AND took that contract off their hands.

Obscene signing.

18 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

How does this loophole work exactly?

When a club is bought the debts tend to be wiped out, therefore basically resetting FFP and the new owner gets a clean slate regards what they can invest. I heard Simon Jordan speak about it alot, saying it gives clubs with new owners an unfair advantage as the debt is on the selling owners so the club has a financial reset.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think that puts Palace over us. A draw will do

A draw will do, but I'm thinking farther ahead. We will ultimately be more concerned about Chelsea's points tally.

Â