coda

Posted (edited)

Delighted by this. They’ve had flashes of what they can do and in the last few games are starting to geo and look like a force. Figured they’d be right back up there next season.

Cue more chaos under De Zerbi

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

They outplayed us twice at VP and I thought they were the best I saw this season.  They have the fourth best record over the second half of the season and I was considering betting on them for the PL title next season.  I can't believe they've basically chucked that platform away.  All the better for us though, the mad bastards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Great news. This season was scarily mirroring the 14/15 season, his first at Spurs. Young squad, new players, slow start.  Two deep cup runs and a great end to the season, ultimately finishing 6th.  Next year they'd have been a problem. Hopefully now that's 1 less team to worry about as we try to hold onto our 4th spot.

Exactly, this lessens the pressure a bit in the UCL qualification stakes.

Posted (edited)

Presumably they've had to pay them off. Just be a big hit on ffp.

Edited by colhint
Bleeding predictive text

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cundy reckons chalaboh and gallagher will be sold ans poch didnt like that one of the problems. They need to sell both for FFP

Would take both

14 minutes ago, colhint said:

Presumably they've had to pay them off. Just be a big hit on ffp.

I reckon it’s more likely the other way. He’s going for another job (Bayern?) who don’t want to/can’t afford to pay Poch’s release fee. He’s discussed with Chelsea and they’ve agreed a mutual termination to avoid this.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough!

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Only Chelsea.  Only chelsea can get rid of a manager that was finally showing class. They are just absolute idiots. 

Another team who play in blue and are closer to home springs to mind

• Like 3

Them sacking Poch is just perplexing. It's like they're actively competing with Man Utd on who can be the biggest banter club.

37 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Sack a manager that got you to 6th with no replacement lined up.

Chelsea the gift that keeps on giving.

There's no indication he was sacked though. Looks like he had enough of them and decided to leave.

Â