maqroll

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It's all very Potter. Players cut in and you expect to pull the trigger instead ticky tacky pass it in front of Fulham's back four. Reminds me of how Wenger's Arsenal became. Nice football with no end product.

This, all day long.

• Like 1

Potter was always a strange choice for a team expected to challenge for the top honours, when you look past the hype finished midtable with a Swansea team that Cooper got to the play-off final with the very next season and Cooper didn't have Dan James, or McBurnie. Then first two seasons with Brighton didn't do much better than Hughton did points wise, low forties, did well with them third season, but other managers have done just as well or better with worse squads and they had nowhere near the hype that Potter had.

I've no idea how finishing nineth one season with Brighton made him good enough for a team expected to finish top four at least and maybe challenge for the title and other trophies, I would have been wary of us appointing him with our lower expectations at the moment.

Chelsea will probably improve when they appoint a top manager, not saying Potter isn't that or not going to be that, I mean one who is already proven and knows how to handle these kind of teams and the players they have.

In a strange way I actually think it was a good move for Potter, as is next job will probably be a better job than he would have got after Brighton, if stayed there until it went wrong, fail at Brighton and probably wouldn't even get another Premier League job, but after Chelsea has a good chance of getting a decent Prem job and could do well.

24 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Dare I say had they got our beautiful Don before us they'd be knocking on the door for top four by now.

Shame 😂

I always felt like in a more normal, less fortunate (for us) universe, they'd have gone for Emery and we'd have ended up with Potter. Potter's not a bad manager by any stretch but he's no Emery.

• Like 1

Is Havertz a striker?

I always thought he was a midfield player.

Very impressed with Fulham - they didn't look like scoring but the defence were great and they were very good at passing out of tight areas.

Everything about Chelsea as a club suggests that the new owners don't know what they are doing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Is Havertz a striker?

I always thought he was a midfield player.

Very impressed with Fulham - they didn't look like scoring but the defence were great and they were very good at passing out of tight areas.

Everything about Chelsea as a club suggests that the new owners don't know what they are doing.

How have they spent half a billion in a window and none of that on a striker? Idiots.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Potter is massively overrated. I can't see him lasting the season. Probably up for the England job once Southgate quits.

Chelsea is wrong kind of club for Potter project, but I'm glad we got Emery and not Potter.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Fir the money they spent they looks average to shit.

That mudryk looked shocking today

Was he subbed off at halftime because he was playing bad or did he pick up a knock?

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Potter is massively overrated. I can't see him lasting the season. Probably up for the England job once Southgate quits.

I'd say he's on very thin ice as we speak.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â