coda

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Someone posted above that they’ve also sold or released 20 players in the last 7 months so they’ll have freed up a lot of wages.

They also hadn’t bought anyone during their transfer ban which was during the current FFP period. 

They are also going with longer contracts so they can spread the cost over many years.

8th highest revenue in the world also gives them a lot of leeway. 

The numbers dont add up even with all this. Lets not forget they spent 100m on lukaku as well and still have him on their books.

They are soending over 400m with wages on long term contracts. They can't spend on this scale come the summer if they do then newcastle will just **** ffp we will out spend them and so will city. Then you have a absolute complete shit show

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The numbers dont add up even with all this. Lets not forget they spent 100m on lukaku as well and still have him on their books.

They are soending over 400m with wages on long term contracts. They can't spend on this scale come the summer if they do then newcastle will just **** ffp we will out spend them and so will city. Then you have a absolute complete shit show

Put it this way, let’s say they are only willing to spend a maximum of 25% of their annual revenue on transfer fees this January.  That’s £100m.   Now they offer everyone a 7 year contract.  They can spend £700 million this January on transfer fees and still be within FFP.  

However you can’t do this every transfer window, once that £700m is spent, you’ve added £100m per year towards FFP.  3 year  FFP cycle, so the £700m you’ve spent counts as £300m towards that FFP cycle.

• Like 1

The inflation in the transfer market is crazy, it's success at any cost. When Abramovich first arrived they were throwing £15-20m around on players, but back then that got you proven quality like Crespo, Makelele, Veron.

£85m for Mudryk, £75m for Fofana, £55m for Cucurella, it's madness.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2023 at 12:18, GlobalVillan said:

I have still yet to see Carney do anything at all that justifies him being even a Championship player. Has he even scored a goal at senior level? 

As I've said before, he will do well to make a career in the 2nd tier, can't understand why anyone would have paid 20 million l for him but it's Chelsea and they are a basket case.

Really, really overrated footballer, whatever he did at youth level is irrelevant in the big boys league.

Hit a couple of posts

• Haha 1

Football has been disappearing up its own arse for a long time now. It’s getting worse with Chelsea embodying all that’s wrong with the game. I would so love for it all to come crashing down and for them to face some severe punishment for their FFP breaches, but we know that will never happen. A salary cap would have been wise 10 years ago, I think it’s too late now unfortunately. 

45 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Put it this way, let’s say they are only willing to spend a maximum of 25% of their annual revenue on transfer fees this January.  That’s £100m.   Now they offer everyone a 7 year contract.  They can spend £700 million this January on transfer fees and still be within FFP.  

However you can’t do this every transfer window, once that £700m is spent, you’ve added £100m per year towards FFP.  3 year  FFP cycle, so the £700m you’ve spent counts as £300m towards that FFP cycle.

But its unsustainable 

Eventually its all foing to explode its close to happening as it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

But its unsustainable 

Eventually its all foing to explode its close to happening as it is

Oh yeah, I completely agree.   

I was only pointing out how they can currently spend massively in the short-term without breaking FFP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They've agreed a fee but he wants Arsenal.

If they'll match the bid they'll get him. The fee does seem extortionate though.

hasn't he been posting on social media about how much he wants to go to arsenal? awks...

anyway. chelsea have already announced it on their socials

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

They’ve sold or let go off 20 players in the summer and this Jan?

Yep. Currently sitting at -€299 million and that’s without €100 million Mudryk deal. Here’s the list:

Chelsea transfers

https://www.transfermarkt.us/fc-chelsea/transfers/verein/631

Edited by Aston_Villan4

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

arsenal spend months negotiating then chelsea swoop in with a better offer and get the deal wrapped up. that's pretty funny to be fair

arsenal have a real chance to win the league and miss out on their top target because they want to save a few mil, forgetting that other clubs also have money. very silly

Think he'd be more of a squad player for Arsenal, I'd be amazed if he would come straight into the prem and be more productive than Martinelli who's massively come on in last 12 months.

Think Arsenal will get Vlahovic a year later and he'll be an interesting plan B off the bench for them late in games.

As for Chelsea...they seem to have altered their strategy from what they were doing previously. Before it was signing talented 17-18 year olds and sending them on loan. Only problem with strategy of signing 21-25 year olds is they actually want to play for the club they're signing for rather than being sent to Arnhem or Bundesliga.

Don't really see the point of getting the Ukrainian guy. I mean Sterling I assume is still an automatic pick when fit again unless Potter is bored of him already, Mount always starts, Felix will be starting again when off suspension, Havertz cost nearly 100m and starts most games and you've still got Ziyech and Pulisic floating about demanding minutes.

Watch Potter drop Muruyk in at LWB. 😂

Chelsea will continue to be a mess for rest of the season imo.

Edit: All that and I forgot they signed Nkunku for next season! I actually think he'll do well in the prem so that's one at least that should come off.

Edited by VillaChris

Mudryk didn't start either Ukraine play off game v Scotland or Wales btw.

Considering how historic making the World cup would've been for them that seems pretty odd to me.

I remember a decade ago Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka were massively hyped but both were pretty average in major leagues generally.

Â