maqroll

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If they don’t finish in the top 4 are they likely to have FFP issues given their ongoing transfer splurge? 

Chelsea own about 600 players so if they ever need any cash in right column they can just offload any of them . It's shocking how they have gotten away with basically scalping the market for so long. They even had players on loan to Real Madrid at one point. 

Bakayoko signed for £40m on a 5 year deal, spent 4 of them on loan

Baba rahman is on his 7th year out on loan so he must have signed a new contract, pretty sure that Brazilian striker was the same, multiple contracts worth of loans

Their transfer and loan policy is insane

Edit - and not so much chuk because they paid a lot for him and he's a good player at youth level but keep an eye on Harvey Vale, the England u19 captain, who from what I saw I don't think a lot of him even if the England youth set up seemingly does, he's out at Hull struggling for games don't know if he's injured or just not good enough, he won't make it at Chelsea but wait and see how far in to his 20s he gets and how many championship clubs he's been bounced around before he **** that decision up

He's the next maceachran / Baker

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Why is there no limit to how many players a club can sign? It just seems stupid to me that chelsea can get away with signing double the amount of players of everyone 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They'll sell Conor Gallagher for 80m while we struggle to unload Traore for 8 quid.

No one is paying that. They be kucky if they get half of that

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bakayoko signed for £40m on a 5 year deal, spent 4 of them on loan

Baba rahman is on his 7th year out on loan so he must have signed a new contract, pretty sure that Brazilian striker was the same, multiple contracts worth of loans

Their transfer and loan policy is insane

Edit - and not so much chuk because they paid a lot for him and he's a good player at youth level but keep an eye on Harvey Vale, the England u19 captain, who from what I saw I don't think a lot of him even if the England youth set up seemingly does, he's out at Hull struggling for games don't know if he's injured or just not good enough, he won't make it at Chelsea but wait and see how far in to his 20s he gets and how many championship clubs he's been bounced around before he **** that decision up

He's the next maceachran / Baker

Lucas Piazon was the longest serving player at the club up until last year

Was nearly due a testimonial, he played one league game and that was in the 8-0 vs us

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Chelsea own about 600 players so if they ever need any cash in right column they can just offload any of them . It's shocking how they have gotten away with basically scalping the market for so long. They even had players on loan to Real Madrid at one point. 

Most of their players end up leaving for free at the end of their contracts.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Lucas Piazon was the longest serving player at the club up until last year

Was nearly due a testimonial, he played one league game and that was in the 8-0 vs us

That's him, that's who I was thinking of, absolutely absurd

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is there no limit to how many players a club can sign? It just seems stupid to me that chelsea can get away with signing double the amount of players of everyone 

No one is paying that. They be kucky if they get half of that

I was joking but ultimately it's a young English player who hit nearly double figures so it won't be less than 40m. Would be a good pick up for Newcastle I think if they make europe.

Is Lotfus Cheek still there?

He did play quite regularly under Tuchel in a few positions but haven't seen him playing for a while.

He's 27 next month. That was their big homegrown hope a few years back and people on here were desperate for us to sign him.

I think people assume the fringe players are just happy to sign contract extensions but sure Piazon came out and said he only did that as he was promised a chance at first team football.🤣 You'd have thought he'd have got the hint around 2017 he wasn't going to make it there.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was joking but ultimately it's a young English player who hit nearly double figures so it won't be less than 40m. Would be a good pick up for Newcastle I think if they make europe.

Dont see the hype with Gallagher  another another over hyped english player that will cost too much money.

They prob try sell chuck in few years of dont work out for 30-40m to make  alil profit.the whole model stinks if you ask me

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Lotfus Cheek still there?

He did play quite regularly under Tuchel in a few positions but haven't seen him playing for a while.

He's 27 next month. That was their big homegrown hope a few years back and people on here were desperate for us to sign him.

I think people assume the fringe players are just happy to sign contract extensions but sure Piazon came out and said he only did that as he was promised a chance at first team football.🤣 You'd have thought he'd have got the hint around 2017 he wasn't going to make it there.

Wasnt the rumour Loftus Cheek or Barkley?

Guy has talent but is nearly always unavailable

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont see the hype with Gallagher  another another over hyped english player that will cost too much money.

They prob try sell chuck in few years of dont work out for 30-40m to make  alil profit.the whole model stinks if you ask me

Said that before about chuk, he's relatively risk free for them because even if he fails to live up to his full potential he'll still progress through the England youth set up, he'll still get 5 mins of CL football and still be a £20m player in 5 years time so they'll get their money back, if he performs even slightly above average for them they'll sell him at a profit

• Like 1

The non big 6 should make a pact between them to stop signing big 6 cast offs unless they’re on a free.  That’ll soon stop this bullshit business model and crush these clubs.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Thug said:

The non big 6 should make a pact between them to stop signing big 6 cast offs unless they’re on a free.  That’ll soon stop this bullshit business model and crush these clubs.

Should have been done when announced the Super League

On 03/01/2023 at 09:50, bobzy said:

So, as I was discussing with @Demitri_C in entirely the wrong thread ( :D ) I think FFP works - very crudely - by spreading transfer fees over the length of a contract but applying fees received immediately into the current period.  Each FFP period is a rolling 3 years.

Looking at transfermarkt, Chelsea's main business (in Euros) is:
2020/21 - Havertz for 80m, Werner for 53m, Chilwell for 50m, Ziyech for 40m, Mendy for 24m
2021/22 - Lukaku for 113m
2022/23 - Fofana for 80m, Cucurella for 65m, Sterling for 56m, Koulibaly for 38m, Chukwuemeka for 18m, Aubameyang for 12m, NEW Fofana for 12m

Sales:
2020/21 - Morata for 35m, Pasalic for 14.5m
2021/22 - Abraham for 40m, Zouma for 35m, Tomori for 32m
2022/23 - Werner for 20m, Emerson for 15m

This is 641m Euros on players bought and 191.5m Euros on players sold - so they've made a 449.5m loss.  However, it doesn't quite work out like that (as far as I'm aware).  As a really rough example, we'll look at the first two years I've mentioned:

PLAYERS BOUGHT:
Havertz - 48m (5 year deal, 16m/year)
Werner - 33m (bought for 53m and sold for 20m in same period, 33m loss)
Chilwell - 30m (5 year deal, 10m/year)
Ziyech - 24m (5 year deal, 8m/year)
Mendy - 14.4m (5 year deal, 4.8m/year)
Lukaku - 67.8m (5 year deal, 22.6m/year)
SPENT:  217.2m Euros ('down' from 360m)

PLAYERS SOLD:
Morata - 0m (signed on 5 year deal for 66m, sold after 2 years assume 0m 'profit')
Pasalic - 14.5m (signed young, 6 years at Chelsea so assume full 'profit')
Abraham - 40m (youth product)
Zouma - 35m (7 years at Chelsea, assume full 'profit')
Tomori - 32m (youth product)
RECEIVED: 121.5m Euro

The very crude net spend here would be 95.7m Euros.  I can't be bothered going through each of the 22/23 details, but if we assume all players signed on 5 year deals (which Chelsea seem to use a LOT) then the figure would increase by 56.2m on players bought (281m total divided by 5 for this first year) and assuming no benefit for the Emerson sale.

This would give a net spend of 151.9m Euros for the 3 year period of 20/21 to 22/23 which, obviously, is much much lower than the 449.5m net spend that it appears Chelsea have incurred.

You then bring in their transfer ban before 20/21 which may mean some profit rolls into the initial first year here and also any revenue vs. costs they get elsewhere (I imagine Chelsea make a lot of money each season) and it's probable that they'll be nowhere near an FFP breach.

As I say, it's a very crude example of my understanding on transfers with FFP.  Also demonstrates how us selling Chukwuemeka for 18m gives us 'more than 18m' in immediate benefit.

All very interesting stuff.

Any thoughts on why this is any different to what Derby did, and why they got punished?  Different PL and EFL rules?

It’s also telling that Juventus are currently being investigated for similar shady practices.  Although I’m not sure whether that’s purely for utilising this method, or for shady tactics where two clubs agree to sell each other players at grossly inflated prices - because the incoming money shows as immediate, and outgoing is split over 5 years?

A very interesting read is the article I posted in the Superleague rehash thread.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64150753.amp

The first line concerns artificial gains. A club buys a player for 50m in 2022 and gradually writes off the initial cost over several years. If the club sells him for 50m in 2026, that amount can be fully budgeted on that one year. This is where the capital gain takes place; in 2026 the club has already written off that value, but it budgets the full amount it sells him for. It is not illegal as such, and can be used to boost suffering balance sheets.

I really wonder if the Cunha transfer to Wolves has a similar dodgy side to it - the fee paid for him seems rather odd

Edited by Thug
Quote was too long… removed parts, but I suggest you read the article from the link.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â