maqroll

I know, talking to them is quite agonizing.

If a Liverpool-player has one or two good games, like Kolo Toure to some degree in the beginning of the season, then automatically that is his normal level and that is what he will be judged on forever. Think Skrtel and Agger. If a Man Utd-player (especially of course) or anyone else has a bad game against them or on the TV then that is his normal level. It'd ridiculous, that set of fans are different to everyone else, I seldom meet a rational Liverpool-fan. It's all about history and the statistical possibility of them now winning the league or Man U dropping because Fergie is gone.

Sturridge is a good player, just like Liverpool are a good team, and he will end up at 14-17 goals and they will end up 6th. Very good, but not anywhere near the best boys in the league and that's why he is playing for them and not Chelsea (threw him out), Man City (threw him out) or Man Utd.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll be challenging too. Whether they end up there or not is a different matter but I think they'll be closer than they were last season and they'll be in the mix closer to the end of the season.

• Like 1

Ba will probably go back to Newcastle on loan now, no? 

Eto'o is a tremendous signing.  I've not seen much of him in a couple of years since he went to Russia but his record (36 in 71) suggests he hasn't been in decline.  Great short term solution to Chelsea's perceived problems up front and even though he will ultimately end up being a very different type of striker I'd imagine Lukaku will benefit massively from working with a player of the class and experience of Samuel Eto'o in training this season. 

Chelsea for the title now.  Eto'o to score at least 20 league goals. 

• Like 1

Thank god we have already played them once this season, they are going to easily walk the league this year and with the best squad, best starting eleven, mourinho playing mind games and friendly officials helping them out at every opportunity, they will annihilate most teams. I can see a 100% record at home as well given the help they got from the ref against us.

Thank god we have already played them once this season, they are going to easily walk the league this year and with the best squad, best starting eleven, mourinho playing mind games and friendly officials helping them out at every opportunity, they will annihilate most teams. I can see a 100% record at home as well given the help they got from the ref against us.

Except we lost. We'd be better off having our time over again even with Eto.

You actually think the mind games have an effect? I really doubt the most elite athletes in the world play worse cause some guy says something in a press conference. 

Except we lost. We'd be better off having our time over again even with Eto.

but it wasnt 8-0 :D

I've only seen Eto'o in the EL since he left Inter and he didn't look near what he was at Barca but that's probably more to do with the team than his individual capability. I'm sure Chelsea have more than enough creativity to help him find form though, the only question is how much game time he'll get.

20 goals is realistic if he plays 90 minutes every week. In a rotation he'd struggle to get there I think.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â