London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Track & field starting tomorrow. I'd think Ennis and Farah are the main hopes. Not sure about Greene and Idowu has gone AWOL. Don't know about the others to be honest.

Good to see Team GB powering up the medal table. Has shut the gobs of a few Aussie media pundits over here - particularly a First-Class W*nker here called Eddie McGuire. #PrizeD*ickhead

Good to see Team GB powering up the medal table. Has shut the gobs of a few Aussie media pundits over here - particularly a First-Class W*nker here called Eddie McGuire. #PrizeD*ickhead

I think being a rocket polisher is a required attribute for an Australian sports pundit. Eddie McGuire, Ray Warren, Ray Hadley, Paul Vautin, all bellends...

Very close there in the basketball. At least they gave it a go and came close at the end.

We really need more money invested into basketball (and other sports) in this country.

Yes - thought they gave it a really good go...no idea why they didn't foul at the end though. Schoolboy error!

It certainly was a schoolboy error, yet to come within one point of the second ranked team in the world is pretty impressive. It could so easily have been a win if they were smarter near the end though...

Hindes has just said in the post interviews that he deliberately fell off in the heat after the start because he didn't feel he'd started well and wanted to get a restart.

Interesting, given the thread of conversation for the past couple of days

He was joking. As he said it his team mates were laughing but then looked as I felt - 'What if people watching don't get the joke?' :shock:

It certainly didn't seem like he was joking. I saw Hoy smiling, but it seemed to me like he was nervously laughing it up whilst thinking "shut the **** up"

I don't care. We won.

But I don't think he was joking.

The cheapest tickets are ove £100 though for 90% of them.

Anyway it's half-time in the basketball and USA are winning 78-45. That's not a typo either...

Quick before the Grammar Nazi's show up :-)

Nigeria are bloody dire at basketball. I know USA are the best in the world, yet the final scoreline was just unreal. It was like a training game for USA. Anyway, the final score was 156-73.

Nigeria are bloody dire at basketball. I know USA are the best in the world, yet the final scoreline was just unreal. It was like a training game for USA. Anyway, the final score was 156-73.

Went to watch the basketball between Argentina v Tunisia and Brazil Russia. The Brazil Russia was a high quality classic. Russia were 2 points behind with only 4 seconds left and then scored a 3 pointer. It was just incredible.

The whole olympic park is amazing, met 400 metre runner Sanya Richards who has an incredible body. Also ate next to the Trinidad sprint Olympic team.

All in all a great day, and I have definitely got the Olympic bug. A big :x to all those who dont like the Olympics.

More Olympic tickets available now - including athletics

Try ordering them though on that website, it's about as frustrating an ordering process I've ever encountered

Incidentally the basketball tickets were £95 each. In that package you get 2 games and of course full access to the incredible olympic park. And you may meet a minor celebrity or two while you are there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â