Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Unfortunately the media do push this sha connection but when McLeish was interviewing and the protests started there was a number of banners that read "small heath scum" "go back to small heath" and "once scum always scum."

You can blame the media all you want but we certainly didnt help the situation.

When you say "we" you actually mean the handful of people that made the banners.

No shit Mantis, but we are Villa fans and those banner were written by Villa fans and that is what got picked up by the media however small the minority they were made by.

Also the media dont care or decipher whether its the minority or not they print what they think makes the best story.

Things written on here arent quite as visually impacting as a banner draped across VP gates.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe this is still an issue to people. Can you imagine a banner saying 'we don't like you cause you from blues' at the villa when serious protesting starts. Who ever holds that up would be crusified. Its blatently obvious reference the results no one cares about the blues connection what so ever.

Still discussing the fact he's an ex nose

Of course... It has nothing to do with the fact that he's an abysmal football manager

Liverpool could have had 5 or 6 yesterday at least but i didn't see McLeish blaming lady luck this time round...

Looks like our relegation rivals have thrown in the towel already. They are playing an elite side after all.

QPR manager Mark Hughes on leaving out Joey Barton and Bobby Zamora: "Joey's on nine bookings and we couldn't afford him to miss key games coming up in the week. Bobby's been feeling under the weather since last weekend, to be honest. We're protecting him a bit for Wednesday. I've told the players to enjoy the game. There's not a lot of expectation on us so let's see what happens."

I am sick of everything going Manures way, they get so much help from the refs, Young went down too easily. I should be happy because QPR are only 5 points behind but I like to see fair play.

I still think we need at least 2 more wins to see ourselves through

I dont. Win tomorrow and we are home free.

A win against Stoke will ease the pressure and make our PL status look safer but we will be far from 'home free'.

I still think we need at least 2 more wins to see ourselves through

I dont. Win tomorrow and we are home free.

Very much so.. Those below us need 3 wins in their last 6 games to match us on points if we win tomorrow. For a relegation team asking them to win 1 in 6 is challenge enough.

I've said all along 35 points will be enough...with our goal difference teams below us need 36 points. I really can't se QPR, Blackburn or Wigan getting to that figure with their run ins....

Blackburn

Liverpool- D

Swansea- L

Norwich- W

Spurs- L

Wigan- D

Chelsea- L

33 Points

QPR

Swansea- D

WBA- D

Spurs- D

Chelsea- L

Stoke- W

Man. City- L

34 points

Wigan-

Man U- L

Arsenal- L

Fulham- L

Newcastle- W

Blackurn- D

Wolves- W

35 points

That's how I have it to pan out in the run ins...Wigan to pull off another great escape on 35 points.

Does it look that unrealistic?

I've said all along 35 points will be enough...with our goal difference teams below us need 36 points. I really can't se QPR, Blackburn or Wigan getting to that figure with their run ins....

Blackburn

Liverpool- D

Swansea- L

Norwich- W

Spurs- L

Wigan- D

Chelsea- L

33 Points

QPR

Swansea- D

WBA- D

Spurs- D

Chelsea- L

Stoke- W

Man. City- L

34 points

Wigan-

Man U- L

Arsenal- L

Fulham- L

Newcastle- W

Blackurn- D

Wolves- W

35 points

That's how I have it to pan out in the run ins...Wigan to pull off another great escape on 35 points.

Does it look that unrealistic?

Have Bolton just give up then?

I think QPR could get a result against city ont he last day, I mean City look like they have lost out on the Title now, and will have nothing to play for on the last day. So I think a result could be in QPR's favour there.

I think QPR could get a result against city ont he last day, I mean City look like they have lost out on the Title now, and will have nothing to play for on the last day. So I think a result could be in QPR's favour there.

QPR struggle to finish a game with 11 players on the pitch so they might find it a bit difficult even against a Man Citeh side with nothing to play for.