Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks it can't happen need to wake up.

and anyone who thinks it can happen doesnt seem to understand maths or football

if we lose every single game we have left 10-0, we'll stay up

I dont understand maths and football.......Please explain :?

Basically he's saying that the teams in the bottom three almost certainly won't overhaul the 7/8 point gap to send us down. While that's probably correct, it's worth keeping in mind that 33 points would only have kept us up in one of the last ten seasons, so to say we could lose every game and stay up is almost certainly nonsense.

and anyone who thinks it can happen doesnt seem to understand maths or football

if we lose every single game we have left 10-0, we'll stay up

I dont understand maths and football.......Please explain :?

for us to go down wolves would need to take 12 points more than us from from 8 games (they have so far managed 22 from 30 games), or wigan would need to take 9 points more than us from 8 games (they have so far managed 25 from 30 games) or qpr to take 9 points more than us from 8 games (they have so far managed 25 from 30 games)

on top of that, we'd also need bolton to take 8 points more than us from 9 games (they have so far managed 26 from 29 games) AND blackburn to take 6 points more than us from 8 games (they have managed 28 points from 30 games)

that's not going to happen. it's just not. one of those teams might get the required number of points more than us, and pass us. but we need THREE of them to

three teams out of the bottom 5 to all of a sudden pick up more points in their last 8 games than they managed over their games for any given 40% of the season so far

come off it

we are shit. but we are surrounded by lots of shitter teams.

2 wins and we're top half ffs. 2 wins for qpr and they're still behind us

Before the Wigan game we were 7 points ahead of the bottom three, today we're 8 points clear with a game in hand. Our situation has improved.

Before the Wigan game today we were ten points clear of relegation, we are now 8 points clear, our situation has slightly worsened.

Before the Wigan game we were 7 points ahead of the bottom three, today we're 8 points clear with a game in hand. Our situation has improved.

Before the Wigan game today we were ten points clear of relegation, we are now 8 points clear, our situation has slightly worsened.

How did you arrive at that conclusion.

PL Pts

15 Aston Villa 25 28

16 QPR 25 21

17 Blackburn 25 21

18 Wolves 25 21

19 Bolton 25 20

20 Wigan 25 19

If I remember rightly, didn't SHA think they were more or less safe last season and still got relegated?

Anything can happen in football. You cannot judge the last stages of a season on how many points a team have amassed up to this point. Relegation threatened teams always rally with 5-10 games to go and there is always one team that were considered 'safe' who get dragged into it for a showdown on the last day.

Who would have thought Wigan would win at Liverpool today? Wigan have been playing well of late without getting the results they deserve, QPR have a team of quality players - surely it is only a matter of time before they hit some form, Blackburn have rallied recently and Bolton seem to want to prove a point due to the Muamba situation.

The only team I would say are definitely gone are Wolves. I just cannot see them turning it around.

I've been saying this for the last 6 weeks on various sites/pages and all I've had in reply is that I'm a pessimist and I'm all doom and gloom, but I've had a bad feeling about relegation for a long time now, I really hope I'm wrong but I still see some of the other teams below us surpassing us.

Who would have thought Wigan would win at Liverpool today?

Quite a few people, Liverpool's form at home is dire, Liverpool also know they have bugger all to play for in the league, don't even want UEFA (they proved that last year) and have their eyes set firmly on the FA Cup as a result.

If Wigan can win there, why can't we?

I last took my daughter down to VP about 13 years ago. Now she is a teacher and took her class on a 'field trip' to VP the other week.

The guide who showed them round asked if anyone had been to a Villa match and she could, rightfully, claim that she had. The guide asked who was in the team when she saw them and the 2 that sprang to mind were Ugo and Lee Hendrie. Apparently the guide said 'We don't have players like that now' ! What a state of affairs.

PS I'm afraid she remembered those 2 'cos Hendrie reminded her of Robbie Williams :oops: and Ugo used a sports therapist that treated one of my cycling mates.