Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they hadnt gone our way then it would of been 5 points, but thats if. They did go our way way and the gap is 7 points. If he stays he will take us down, but not this season. We will be safe before the Spurs and Norwich games.
The main point about this season - as others have said - is that the clubs in the relegation zone are doing so much worse. This time last season we were only 5 points above the bottom club and it was all very tight, with all the relegation-threatened clubs doing much better.

This season we are nine points clear of the bottom club and it would need all three of Wolves, QPR and Blackburn to gain 8 points on us for us to go down.

We are more comfortable this season but mainly only because the teams below us are doing worse.

I find it a utter disgrace and shame that we find our club in this situation 2 years in a row.We a a big club in the UK not a small club and to see lesser teams doing better is a joke.From high up down to the football department should hold there head in shame.The supporters deserved better then this crap !!!.

If they hadnt gone our way then it would of been 5 points, but thats if. They did go our way way and the gap is 7 points. If he stays he will take us down, but not this season. We will be safe before the Spurs and Norwich games.
The main point about this season - as others have said - is that the clubs in the relegation zone are doing so much worse. This time last season we were only 5 points above the bottom club and it was all very tight, with all the relegation-threatened clubs doing much better.

This season we are nine points clear of the bottom club and it would need all three of Wolves, QPR and Blackburn to gain 8 points on us for us to go down.

We are more comfortable this season but mainly only because the teams below us are doing worse.

This! I have been trying to get this point across many times, yet people seem to be avoiding the reality of things.

The chances are that we won't go down because the teams below us are even worse than us.

We need to get to 35 points by the time we have played our 32nd game. Basically we need to keep at having more points then games played I feel. If not, it could well be Huddersfield (should they get promoted) away next season.

The confidence in our squad is so fragile and the morale so low, that anything is possible

Chelsea away should have kick started our season, it didn't, in fact we've gone backwards since then

Relegation is a possibility

Absolutely spot on, inside 3 games we could possibly be in the drop zone

Or we could be 15 points of the drop zone. Its all ifs and buts.....

Indeed. If we could win the next 3 back to back (highly unlikely) we could then experiment with formations and players in the remaining games

I f moneys as tight as we're led to believe we need to finish as high up the table as possible.

Also McLiesh seems the master of player experiments already.

I dont think he is a master of player experiments. I just think he genuinley has no idea at all what is going on or what he is doing. After watching him I genuinley think he is showing the early warning signs of dementia. Some of the nonsense he comes out with is baffling to say the least. I think he needs to be put in a home.

I've got us finishing on 40 points:

4 points against Wigan (A) and Blackburn (A)

3 points against Fulham (H) and Bolton (H)

0 points against L'Arse (A) and Chelsea (H)

1 point against Liverpool (A) and Stoke (H)

1 point against Manure (A) and Sunderland (H)

2 points against WBA (A) and Spurs (H)

1 point against Norwich (A)

I think it'll be tight. Some of those predictions are pretty pessimistic but I think, given our form over 25 games, the above is fairly realistic