New Music 2012

Xann

Aye Islet are good.

New Jack White out soon. Heard some of the songs, and it's a varied mix alright. I'n pretty sure he raps-but-not-quite in one.

I struggle to disllike anything he does though. Even Cold Mountain.

Its a bit of a pastiche album if you ask me with polished production, it's not raw enough and comes across as just a bit dull tbh

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering if ya'll would like my friends band?

Basically, the nicest guys playing music I have ever ever met. Saw them again last night, said to them about the possibility of being signed up and they said they don't care, they just want to play music. Also, any fundraising going on, they play and will do anything for anybody. Just want to get them a few more fans. I actually quite like their music too :P

Yours&Mine if you do want any more info or know any gigs mainland they can play, drop me a PM as they will do it and will put on a bloody top show.

new beach house on monday, new japandroids not long now, and the chromatics album is finally **** released here.

New Beach House has been out for a couple of months dude.

edit: wait, no I thought it came out on March 15th. Nevertheless, it's a great album.

I just bought some new stuff

Shrag - like a cross between the B-52s and the Slits

Lower Dens

Swans

Richard Hawley

Nora Jones

Paul Buchanan (on pre-order)

I just bought some new stuff

Shrag - like a cross between the B-52s and the Slits

Lower Dens

Swans

Richard Hawley

Nora Jones

Paul Buchanan (on pre-order)

Just listening to Lower Dens and want to get hold of the new Hawley album - is it any good?

The Hawley one is in the post, so I've only heard some of it, on the radio and on Jools Holland, but what I've heard is excellent (hence why I bought it). Lower Dens and Shrag and Swans were downloads to satisfy my craving for new stuff instantly. The others are CDs in the post.

The Hawley Album is a mixed bag imo, there are some really good songs on it but a few that completely leave me cold, well worth buying as the good definitely outweigh the dull

Portasound debut arrived at work this morning. :hooray:

Portasound%20EP.jpg

As a rule, you really can't go wrong with anything on Blood and Biscuits.

London 5 piece Portasound are **** awesome! They fuse soaring melodies, driving rhythms and wonky riffs to create genre bending instrumental electronica. Get ready for a high-speed 22 minute sonic journey atop a giant synth with the legs of a horse and keanu reeves' head.

Having played shows with the likes of Metronomy, The XX, Friendly Fires and our very own Three Trapped Tigers, the band are about to unleash their debut EP 'The Second Renaissance'.

The EP tells the story of a great cataclysm, the ensuing battle between light and dark forces, the creation of a rebellion and the birth of the hero. Can't argue with that!

I.

II.

III. To The Colours

IV. Polaris

The new R.Hawley album is an absolute belter imo. Only listened to the Beach House album once yet, but it sounded promising.

Oh and...new Japandroids album on 5th June!

:hooray::cheers:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â