Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

46 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just announced his retirement 

I wonder if he’ll sign for Tamworth in the conference. He is close to some of the people behind the scenes. 

6 minutes ago, slovenian said:

nothing but respect for Marc, he gave everything for Villa

I genuinely think that if we’d have given him a good enough deal to persuade him to stay he would not have gone on to be the player he was. Villa was a mess at that time. He’d have gone a similar way to Gabby.

Well done Marc in an amazing career.

• Like 1

His press release is very classy. He gives proper respect to both Villa and Leicester. I'm sure it was polished by a PR person, but well done nonetheless.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was so **** mad at that pillock Lambert for forcing him out - in fact I still am - but have to agree it ended up being the best for him if not for us. A career to be proud of, not many get to retire with a PL winner's medal. 

Think he won an FA Cup as well

• Like 3

That's so crazy. I remember when he cemented himself in the first team after tearing West Ham a new one on opening day like it's yesterday. (Editor's note, it want yesterday, it was *checks notes* 14 years ago).

One for the "getting old" thread, but when players around your age start retiring...

E8sOcj-UYAAfP-x.jpg

• Sad 1

How beautiful was that message from Albrighton? For all that he achieved with Leicester, he emphasised just how proud he was to represent the club he adored and still supports, massively, to this day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That's so crazy. I remember when he cemented himself in the first team after tearing West Ham a new one on opening day like it's yesterday. (Editor's note, it want yesterday, it was *checks notes* 14 years ago).

One for the "getting old" thread, but when players around your age start retiring...

E8sOcj-UYAAfP-x.jpg

I can remember him and bannan in the peace cup thinking we'd integrate these guys in to the first team and make that final push 

Horrible what came next

That Fulham goal though...

We had milner, young and downing in that team and I'd argue albrighton had a better cross on him than all of them (young is close though)

Was in corporate for the Benteke Vs Sunderland game, he was with his family in the box next door, he'd been frozen out at that point, celebrated every goal like a mad man, proper villa fan 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can remember him and bannan in the peace cup thinking we'd integrate these guys in to the first team and make that final push 

Horrible what came next

That Fulham goal though...

We had milner, young and downing in that team and I'd argue albrighton had a better cross on him than all of them (young is close though)

Was in corporate for the Benteke Vs Sunderland game, he was with his family in the box next door, he'd been frozen out at that point, celebrated every goal like a mad man, proper villa fan 

He had a better season than Young that year (who thought he was a #10 for some reason). But him Downing, Young and Kyle Walker feeding Darren Bent for those last 6 months of the season was the last bit of exciting football we'd see down at VP for almost a decade. Who would have thought.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was so **** mad at that pillock Lambert for forcing him out - in fact I still am - but have to agree it ended up being the best for him if not for us. A career to be proud of, not many get to retire with a PL winner's medal. 

…with Leicester!

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He had a better season than Young that year (who thought he was a #10 for some reason). But him Downing, Young and Kyle Walker feeding Darren Bent for those last 6 months of the season was the last bit of exciting football we'd see down at VP for almost a decade. Who would have thought.

There's an irony to it. He leaves a relatively "Big Club" for a smaller club and ends up winning medals he never would have won with us.

• Like 1

It still sucks for us that he left, but he achieved things in his career that simply weren't possible with the state of Aston Villa at the time. A big part of the greatest domestic football trophy in history. If only he was coming through now when the club could utilise his talent

I'll always have fond memories of him and it was nice for the club to put a post up congratulating him in retirement.

• Like 1

Fair play to him, a great career.

Came through the academy and then played 100+ times for his boyhood club. Gets treated like sh*t and released. Then goes on to play in every game in the league when Leicester win the league as well as winning an FA Cup as well as a Community Shield. And played and scored in the Champions League, The only thing missing was a much deserved England cap.

And he's a thoroughly nice lad as well.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â