Scottish Independence

maqroll

My message to the Scottish people is simple: we want you to stay.

As the United Kingdom, we have punched above our weight for centuries - and we've done so together.

When the world wanted representation, we gave them democracy. When they wanted progress, we had the Scottish enlightenment and the industrial revolution.

When slavery bound innocent people, we abolished it; when fascism threatened freedom, we defeated it.

As individuals and as nations, we have done extraordinary things. This is the special alchemy of the UK - you mix together Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland and together we smash expectations.

The UK is a special and precious country. So let no one in Scotland be in any doubt: we desperately want you to stay; we do not want this family of nations to be ripped apart.

Across England, Northern Ireland and Wales, our fear over what we stand to lose is matched only by our passion for what can be achieved if we stay together.

So please, if you don't have a vote in this referendum, join me in signing a letter to everyone who does, letting them know that we passionately want them to stay.

If we pull together, we can keep on building a better future for our children. We can make sure our destiny matches our history, because there really will be no second chances. If the UK breaks apart, it breaks apart forever.

So if you have a vote, please choose a brighter future for Scotland by voting No.

And if you don't have a vote, please sign this letter to the voters of Scotland, expressing our heartfelt desire to keep our proud family of nations together.

Thanks,

David Cameron

I don't think there is anything wrong with what he is trying to say there, but it goes back to the point about being forced to act. It just comes across as desperate now, rather than a genuine support and affection for the union.

Liken it to a relationship and Scotland is our partner. She's a great girl - nice looking, cultured, contributes to the household, hasn't been overly 'populated' and she can't beat us at sports (except tennis and only posh people play that so it doesn't really count)

Ok so she's a bit of a ginge, gets arsey when she's had a drink and doesn't like being out in the sun for too long, but all in all, she's a keeper.

Except we didn't treat her right, we took her for granted and never told her we loved her. Now she's had enough and if we aren't careful, we are going to come home early from work one day to find Gabby's Lamborghini parked on the drive.

I keep getting mixed up between "yes" and "no" because yes could mean yes to independence or being apart of the UK. :lol:

which shows mighty Westminster even got the question wrong, they managed to get it so a vote for union and continuity was the negative

people want to say YES, you've just got to make sure you ask the right question

• Like 3

I keep getting mixed up between "yes" and "no" because yes could mean yes to independence or being apart of the UK. :lol:

I think your spelling reflects your confusion. A part, or apart? :)

Oh I did the same on the last page but chose to ignore it but because if I edited the post it would make people think I changed my thoughts mid post.

Now that I've highlighted it, it just makes me look silly :)

If I was SNP id ensure 'braveheart' was shown on the box the night before voting. Sure fire win then.

Or a sure fire loss...I think the film is old enough now that even the most staunchly nationalistic Scot would blush at another viewing of it.

which shows mighty Westminster even got the question wrong, they managed to get it so a vote for union and continuity was the negative

people want to say YES, you've just got to make sure you ask the right question

That is a really good point.

My message to the Scottish people is simple: we want you to stay.

As the United Kingdom, we have punched above our weight for centuries - and we've done so together.

When the world wanted representation, we gave them democracy. When they wanted progress, we had the Scottish enlightenment and the industrial revolution.

When slavery bound innocent people, we abolished it; when fascism threatened freedom, we defeated it.

As individuals and as nations, we have done extraordinary things. This is the special alchemy of the UK - you mix together Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland and together we smash expectations.

The UK is a special and precious country. So let no one in Scotland be in any doubt: we desperately want you to stay; we do not want this family of nations to be ripped apart.

Across England, Northern Ireland and Wales, our fear over what we stand to lose is matched only by our passion for what can be achieved if we stay together.

So please, if you don't have a vote in this referendum, join me in signing a letter to everyone who does, letting them know that we passionately want them to stay.

If we pull together, we can keep on building a better future for our children. We can make sure our destiny matches our history, because there really will be no second chances. If the UK breaks apart, it breaks apart forever.

So if you have a vote, please choose a brighter future for Scotland by voting No.

And if you don't have a vote, please sign this letter to the voters of Scotland, expressing our heartfelt desire to keep our proud family of nations together.

Thanks,

David Cameron

Nightmare Scenario 

• Scots vote for independence
  •  
  • A Con\UKIP coalition is formed in May 2015
  •  
  • UK leaves Europe

Leaving the average bloke in the street at the mercy of Cameron and his Nazi mates....

Sounds like I'm getting my Dutch passport at just the right time.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â