The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

The media are speculating that yvette cooper will be next labour leader if miliband goes

If Ed's looks are a problem, then what about Yvette's?

Yvette_Cooper_Ministerial_portrait.jpg

How could we take her seriously, knowing that she has seen Ed Balls naked and wasn't revolted?

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 3

Yvette should be judged on her statesperson-like qualities just like Ed.

5460884f.jpg

Ed should take a lesson from Alan Ladd who didn't become a big star until he stopped smiling (This Gun For Hire).

Keep his face straight and let those big old puppy-dog eyes show his compassion.

Ed is awkward and funny looking but I can't recall him being criticised on the basis that he isn't sexually attractive.  (At least, not by anyone worth taking seriously) There is much to criticise Cooper for, but how many beers you would need to consider shagging her is not one of them IMO. 

5460884f.jpg

Ed should take a lesson from Alan Ladd who didn't become a big star until he stopped smiling (This Gun For Hire).

Keep his face straight and let those big old puppy-dog eyes show his compassion.

Ed is awkward and funny looking but I can't recall him being criticised on the basis that he isn't sexually attractive.  (At least, not by anyone worth taking seriously) There is much to criticise Cooper for, but how many beers you would need to consider shagging her is not one of them IMO. 

That was my point, she is a bit goofy-looking in her photo, but I never judged her on her sexual attractiveness and never would.

However I definitely was guilty of criticising Balls' attractiveness, which if all things are equal, I should definitely have been criticised for.

Thanks for the reminder, of my double-standard. :)

5460884f.jpg

Ed is awkward and funny looking but I can't recall him being criticised on the basis that he isn't sexually attractive. 

you obviously missed the bit at conference where he went in for the kiss and Mrs Ed pulled away  :)

Come on chaps we're better than that aren't we surely?

well said that man

cough

Anybody else think Samantha Cameron looks like Nicolas Cage?

She is like the UK previously shagged by a Thatcher loving tory and will no doubt be done again once the next couple of months are out of the way.

I was actually looking for the post where you specifically commented on how ugly she was but I guess that thread has been pruned  :P

• Like 1

well said that man

cough

She is like the UK previously shagged by a Thatcher loving tory and will no doubt be done again once the next couple of months are out of the way.

I was actually looking for the post where you specifically commented on how ugly she was but I guess that thread has been pruned  :P

Tony - I have never commented on how ugly she is / was - that is a lie (so I think you need to prove it or apologise)

Regarding the comment - I am not sure of your point - it was a comment stating that she and the UK had both been shagged by Cameron - so a massive fail on your part

It's odd that the big defence of Miliband is that they don't need to change their leader, the current government is incredibly unpopular and they feel that Ed can take advantage.

The strange thing is that they're right, the current government is unpopular - but they appear to be trying to take advantage by being as similar to them as possible. Miliband is a party leader type, there's nothing wrong with him i suppose, but frankly, it's the party that needs to change, we don't need three sets of Tories.

• Like 1

well said that man

cough

Tony - I have never commented on how ugly she is / was - that is a lie (so I think you need to prove it or apologise)

Regarding the comment - I am not sure of your point - it was a comment stating that she and the UK had both been shagged by Cameron - so a massive fail on your part

cough cough :D

that is harsh ian. we know you dispise the tories which your allowed to do but what does she have to do with anything?

pull your neck in - it was a joke much in the same way as jokes about people's disabilities were fair game - or again have we now changed the rules?

and for the record I think she is as ugly as sin, whichever political leader she is sleeping with

now go away and write "Tony was right as usual  " 100 times  :P

the other point I was making has probably already been proven to be honest so I'll put you out of further misery by leaving it there  :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

It's odd that the big defence of Miliband is that they don't need to change their leader, the current government is incredibly unpopular and they feel that Ed can take advantage.

The strange thing is that they're right, the current government is unpopular - but they appear to be trying to take advantage by being as similar to them as possible. Miliband is a party leader type, there's nothing wrong with him i suppose, but frankly, it's the party that needs to change, we don't need three sets of Tories.

Paging Villaajax :)

go with them

Yes.

They need to have the courage of whatever convictions they still have and follow them through.

People think they know what the Tories stand for and they don't like them in sufficient number for them to win.

People think they know what the UKIPs stand for (though they don't actually stand for those things, in most cases) and they like them in sufficient numbers for them to get some MPs.

People think that Labour sort of is a bit incompetent on the economy but less bad on the NHS and don't offer an alternative worth voting for in sufficient numbers to win. And they think Milliband is a bit wierd becaus the pres tell them he is, and because he doesn't come across particularly well on the telly (not that he's on much).

As a result the narrative is all about the UKIPs/Tory obsessions with yurp and immigration. There's a heck of a lot of people would rather hear about sorting out the mess the country is in. The reason it's in a mess isn't yurp or immigration.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â