Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Well their fans certainly aren't happy. One of MON's biggest attribute is his man-management and getting average players giving 110% for him. This Sunderland team do not seem to be playing for him in that way. I don't know if that's MON's fault or the players' fault. But the lack of tactical awareness is defintely MON's fault.  I think the game has moved on too much to play the MON way. His methods are just so outdated now. 

Edited by PieFacE

To be fair they have a game in hand

Sunderland?  They have played the same number of games as we have. The only sides in the bottom half who have games in hand on us are Wigan and West Ham.   

Wigan's game in hand is Manchester City away.  West Ham's game in hand is Manchester United at home (the original fixtures were both postponed because of the FA cup 6th round) and those games in hand are both played on the same night, a midweek game in April four days before they are due to play against each other.  

One thing we have actually got in our favour is our run in.

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

manchester and chelsea in the next 2 games. its a big month for them coming up. Iif we can at least be equal points with them after that I will be happy.

i think we'll be ahead of them after that actually

Im not as big a MON knocker as some others on here, but i think its absolutely ridiculous that he hasn't learned from his mistakes from his time with us. STILL signing overpriced British based players, STILL playing the same side week in week out so they suffer burn out come March, and STILL not playing full backs in full back positions. 

He was a very good manager 5-15 years ago. Footballs moved on...He hasn't. His formations and tack ticks have not progressed since the late 90s. All the truly great managers evolve, look at Fergie, Wenger and to a lesser extent Arry. They find new formations, new ways of playing football MONs sticks with 4-4-2 the same formation Fergie through out about 10 years ago against top opposition. 

I still think he did a decent job with us. Yes mistakes were made financially, but i lay the blame at Lerners door rather than MONs. I just find it quite ridiculous that the man is so stubborn and stuck in his ways to learn from the mistakes he did make.      

I have forgiven MON and hope Sunderland stay up.

Nothing to forgive him for imo,  I hope they go down as it is better for us if they do and means less likely that we will go down

Nothing to forgive him for imo,  I hope they go down as it is better for us if they do and means less likely that we will go down

How about pissing all that money that Lerner (stupidly) gave him up the wall? And let's not forget walking out when Lerner finally saw his mistake.

Edited by Mantis

I hope they go down and its ends MON's career.

Stay up or go down he'll be finished with club management at the end of the season in my opinion. There are rumours that his wife is ill again but regardless of that I think he will call it a day. May see him have a crack at managing Northern Ireland one day though.

Edited by markavfc40

He should go into international management. He's a great motivator and there isn't all that much you can do tactically at international level as you have the players for such a limited time. 

cant agree. His 442 would be torn apart at international level. Ireland play the same way MON does and against even half decent teams we get swamped

How about pissing all that money that Lerner (stupidly) gave him up the wall? And let's not forget walking out when Lerner finally saw his mistake.

This should never be forgotten.  MON spent £120m gross when he was here.  That's Man City money.  That's a full team of £10m+ players.  What he bought was a couple of good players and an mid-table team, that's before we get to the amount he wasted.

It's no wonder Randy has seen the need to restructure after what O'Neill did.  You can't spunk Man City money and finish 6th every season.  MON can't manage a squad, and will always fail as a result over 38 games.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â