Martin O'Neill

maqroll

David Miliband has quit Sunderland's board of directors over this appointment.

David Miliband has quit, or David Miliband has quit over the appointment?

He quit politics during the week to be the CEO of a charity in America. It could be related to that rather than di Canio.

Well if he ever has allusions of returning to politics, then he won't want to be associated with the appointment of a guy who did a racist salute on the pitch.

He quit politics during the week to be the CEO of a charity in America. It could be related to that rather than di Canio.

The BBC seem to be reporting it's because of Di Canio's fascist beliefs.

Well if he ever has allusions of returning to politics, then he won't want to be associated with the appointment of a guy who did a racist salute on the pitch.

Good point... I'd suspect this is the real reason for the resignation.

Leicester currently losing 2-0 at relegation contenders barnsley, Nigel Pearson already under pressure and slipping out the playoffs

An oneill return to leicester anyone?

The man was backed here with the thick end of £200million quid in 3 seasons. What a wasted opportunity we had.

£200m?  Really?  I'd like to see the source for that.

His record at Sunderland was going the same route as Villa. He spent £30m on 3 incredibly average players, put them on huge wages and at the same time dropped the youngest prospects that Bruce had bought in... like Wickham, an £8m signing.

On hindsight I wouldn't trust MON to manage a brothel in this day and age. 20 years ago his systems worked, but the game has evolved a hell of a lot since then in tactics, training methods and psychology. Unfortunately MON's stubbornness has stopped him from evolving with it.

It's actually more like £120m in 4 years.

Yup, it was £120m gross spend. Still the value for money from this and the wages offered were a bit of a joke.

He bought some fantastic players, like Young, Milner and Carew, though most of his signings were just head scratching madness. Reo, Beye, Heskey, Davies, Shorey and Cuellar to name but a few. These players alone cost £36m though in real value were probably only worth £12 - 15m tops.

The man was backed here with the thick end of £200million quid in 3 seasons. What a wasted opportunity we had.

£200m?  Really?  I'd like to see the source for that.

well since there is no definitive answers and just speculation on how much players cost, his spend on players was £133million, i was a bit exuberant with the £200million, but even so

ashley young initial fee cost £9.75 million with add ons, we apparantly gave watford £11.75 million before he was sold

shaun maloney £1.3 million

John Carew swap with milan baros, fee for fee thats £6million

Petrov £7million

Routledge £1.4million

Zat Knight £4.5million

Carson £2million loan fee

Curtis Davies £10million

Reo Coker £8.5million

Harewood £4.5million

Emile Heskey £3.5million

Milner £12million

Cuellar £8million

Shorey £4million

Luke Young £6million

Friedel £2.2 million

Sidwell £6.5million

Guzan £1million

Dunne £6million

Collins £6million

Delph £7Million

Warnock £7.5million

Beye £2.5million

Downing £12million

I wouldn't be so certain. If he can get a team mentality of "Us against the world", it might be enough for them to get a couple of positive results...I can think of many more managers that would make me certain that Sunderland would get relegated. Not DiCanio. He's a bit of a wild card.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â