Martin O'Neill

maqroll

not convinced, im sure plenty of people will still think that there is no one better out there, which to be fair there probably isnt, di matteo might consider it too much of a step down and thats even if he wants to come back already

we all know the media aren't giving him anywhere near as much stick as he could / should be getting

and then finally judging by their forum a fair few of them still blame it all on it being steve bruce's squad and fully expect MON to turn it round if he's backed in january

would be brillaint if they let him **** up the jan window before realising just how bad it is up there

i would take downing back i am sorry to say. far better than n zogbia

A couple of months ago I would have said yes, but now there is no way back. He is damaged goods now he's been in Liverpool, and he has failed massively up there. I rate him as worth no more than £5m now, he offers next to nothing to a team.

The other stumbling block with Downing is attitude. We signed him when he was injured, gave him a couple of seasons then he **** off at the first opportunity. Say we resigned him for a nominal fee and he turned his career around again, providing many goals and assists - how long do you think it would be before he was looking at other clubs?

The thing Lambert offers Villa in comparison to MON is that he appears to be signing players who are hungry to play, who will give their all for every minute they appear on the pitch. There is a work ethic we have not seen for years, and there is a solid unit of players which extends beyond the first 11. Downing does not fulfill the new criteria.

Downing is not good enough for Villa anymore! We are on the up, and he's on the way down. He could have shown loyalty to the club that patiently nursed him back to health and allowed him to thrive, but he chose Plop. He exposed himself as a greedy ungrateful prick, and he can get stuffed

This one seems to have dropped down the page.

:) I think its safe to assume this thread will go the opposite way to Sunderlands League position. The higher they go the lower down the page it will fall and vice versa. Although clearly we have now both slightly bucked that trend :wacko:

Edited by markavfc40

Downing is not good enough for Villa anymore! We are on the up, and he's on the way down. He could have shown loyalty to the club that patiently nursed him back to health and allowed him to thrive, but he chose Plop. He exposed himself as a greedy ungrateful prick, and he can get stuffed

Now he is on the way up and we are on the down. Funny what 5 days can do to a club.

• 2 months later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â