Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

i dont expect anything other than to be ignored, but im going to post it anyway. not even a massive problem more an opportunity that seems like i will regret it if i let it pass by.

i was chatting to some people i went to college with years back on fb. one of them being an absolute bang tidy lass, lovely girl, i remember her being great fun and we got on well back in college.

now i broke up with my gf about a year ago, and i could do with getting back in the game.

but she now lives abit too far away to just meet up for a drink, but not very far at all, about 20 miles maybe.

weve been messaging for hours on fb, but i cant come up with an excuse to meet up.

any suggestions lads?

i don't want to appear too needy though. After about 3 years of not seing someone to jump on a train and turn up for a drink seemed very needy to me, let alone to her. i mean we got on well back in college but she was just a friend of a friend you know, the kind youd see at mutual friends parties and have a good time etc. and im thinking that could be a game breaker if it seems to forward.

i dont expect anything other than to be ignored, but im going to post it anyway. not even a massive problem more an opportunity that seems like i will regret it if i let it pass by.

i was chatting to some people i went to college with years back on fb. one of them being an absolute bang tidy lass, lovely girl, i remember her being great fun and we got on well back in college.

now i broke up with my gf about a year ago, and i could do with getting back in the game.

but she now lives abit too far away to just meet up for a drink, but not very far at all, about 20 miles maybe.

weve been messaging for hours on fb, but i cant come up with an excuse to meet up.

any suggestions lads?

"Would you like to go for a drink?"

That usually works if she likes you too.

I don't see why you won't ask her? At the moment, you're just friends and you're never get to the next stage by messaging her over facebook, are you? And also, if she says no, so what? You haven't seen her face to face for 3 years, the chances of seeing her on the street are highly improbable. Don't see what you're flapping about in all honesty.

If you don't ask, you'll sink into the friend zone. It's the worst place in the world, see earlier in this thread for full accounts and descriptions.

The best thing you can do is be up front. Ask her for a drink. If she says yes, then obviously you're happy. If she says no, then at least you know she's not interested and you can move on without falling for her and then getting hurt.

Man up, just ask her.

20 miles is nothing! Just ask her if she fancies meeting up one day for a proper chat - ie not over facebook. See how it goes. No point over complicating things is there? You may meet up and there is no spark.. least you've tried.

Off to Nando's later for a double date.

Now I love the extra hot sauce in the black bottle. But I also sex. Now I am being told if I have the black bottle sauce I cannot go near her tonight. No compromise!

So do I go hot sauce or Sex?

Hot sauce. She'll still be there tomorrow.

Eh? Do you poor the sauce on your cock or something?

Sadist!

Nope. But I am a 'hands on' eater when it comes to chicken. So it usually remains prevalent.

Also I like to 'dine at the Y' so where would be heat left on my tongue.

Her rules not mine!

Now I love the extra hot sauce in the black bottle. But I also sex. Now I am being told if I have the black bottle sauce I cannot go near her tonight. No compromise!

Chicken is at its best with hot sauce.......

Chicken is at its best with hot sauce.......

Its a no brainer my friend.

so where would be heat left on my tongue.

And she thinks that's a bad thing? You've got one of two options; you can illuminate her to the possibility that it would enhance the experience, or you could just go with "at least if all I can taste is peri-peri I wont be put off by your fishy gash".

I do not recommend the latter.

Â