Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

He's right.

Wiggy and Me have since slumped into kids and marriage where gifts and gestures are treated with suspicion.

Save yourselves.

Damn right. I brought her a nice big bunch of flowers on the way back from golf the other weekend.

The first thing she said "why have you brought me these?".

As per mine and Eames first responce to Shillzz..."what have you done wrong?"

He's right.

Wiggy and Me have since slumped into kids and marriage where gifts and gestures are treated with suspicion.

Save yourselves.

Damn right. I brought her a nice big bunch of flowers on the way back from golf the other weekend.

.....which means that you did something wrong otherwise you would not have bought them for her!

What did you do Wiggy?

He's right.

Save yourselves.

.....which means that you did something wrong otherwise you would not have bought them for her!

What did you do Wiggy?

Nothing mate! I may have been buttering her up for when i dropped the bomb shell that im out all this Saturday on the piss for my mates 30th...but that shouldnt come into it!

Nothing mate! I may have been buttering her up for when i dropped the bomb shell that im out all this Saturday on the piss for my mates 30th...but that shouldnt come into it!

Fantastic!

So have you secured a pass?

It is my 30th next Tuesday :(

Exxxxactly... the real question is, how do you keep the magic going after the first year. Need to figure that one out before the problem arises.

There are loads of ways, the very fact that you are thinking about it is a start. The best gestures cost **** all, the love letter one blew my other half out the water and she did it back and we have kept that going for ages now and I dont mean every week. If the flowers one is expensive just by a single rose and when you leave in the morning leave it on the pillow next to her for when she wakes up.

It is easy to slip in complacency in any relationship and even more so if kids are involved, at 42 I know where I had messed up at other times and decided to do something different.

Exxxxactly... the real question is, how do you keep the magic going after the first year. Need to figure that one out before the problem arises.

There are loads of ways, the very fact that you are thinking about it is a start. The best gestures cost **** all, the love letter one blew my other half out the water and she did it back and we have kept that going for ages now and I dont mean every week. If the flowers one is expensive just by a single rose and when you leave in the morning leave it on the pillow next to her for when she wakes up.

It is easy to slip in complacency in any relationship and even more so if kids are involved, at 42 I know where I had messed up at other times and decided to do something different.

Jesus, B6. I never had you down for 42!

This is the key for me, I may only be 25 but I have already been in a 7 year relationship, and I know all too well how quickly things can become stagnant. I think the key is to keep moving forward, doing new things and having things to look forward to. Am determined not to let this relationship go to pot!

Fantastic!

So have you secured a pass?

It is my 30th next Tuesday :(

Yep, and i got my plums sucked for good measure! :D

Sorry...was that a bit too smutty or before the watershed!?

Jesus, B6. I never had you down for 42!

Nor me!!! :shock:

This is the key for me, I may only be 25 but I have already been in a 7 year relationship, and I know all too well how quickly things can become stagnant. I think the key is to keep moving forward, doing new things and having things to look forward to. Am determined not to let this relationship go to pot!

Problem is mate, all relationships lose their romance to some extent as you slip into the comfort zone.

Dont get me wrong, im still romantic at times, but not nearly as much as i was for the first year.

I did see something in one of the papers saying that women now prefer men who have previously been married or in long term relationships. Due to the fact they have hopefully already learned from their mistakes and know the effort a relationship takes.

Problem is mate, all relationships lose their romance to some extent as you slip into the comfort zone.

Dont get me wrong, im still romantic at times, but not nearly as much as i was for the first year.

I don't think the dutch oven helps things, mate.

I think romance can give way to other stuff though, marriage, kids, going places together. As long as there's always something to look forward to on the horizon. Basically, I think the name of the game is never to let her think that the best years are behind you. This is my mantra from here on.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â