Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I don't mean to sound patronising or judgemental, Ruge, but do you not think that perhaps drug and relationship counselling is a better alternative to a threesome? That seems like papering over the cracks and it could potentially cause a whole set of new problems.

I don't doubt you both love your kids more than anything, but I think you should be doing what's best for them and I'm not sure your wife shagging another girl is necessarily the right answer.

your right mate, today has been another bad day with us falling out again all day,yesterday was the same. so much stuff going on at the moment and its easy to choose the fun option but as you say it could create a even bigger problem, we have been through quite a bit shit and some of it we are not fully over it. we had a chat when i got in from work which ended up with us arguin again, she dont know how to be around me and i dont know wether im here or there as im just on auto pilot at the moment. very tired of it and just want to go sleep for a couple of weeks.
DHUTWU ;)

I'm having women problems myself at the moment, sigh.

I've been getting closer to this girl from work in the last few weeks and things were absolutely rosey this time last week. We'd been on a few dates though she's always maintained she doesn't know exactly what she wants right now. She's in her last year of university and has been super busy with revising and coursework lately too. Anyway, I went round to her parents place on Saturday which was pretty soon for me, but hell, I just wanted to spend time with her and I haven't seen her much lately. We had a great day and up until Saturday had been texting every day non-stop. We've always had loads of fun on our dates and have been getting more physical and were comfortable with it. I haven't heard much from her since Sunday, but I thought I'd give her some space as she was busy. She had an exam today and I always ask how it went and she usually writes reams and reams to tell me about it, ending up with me having to reassure her. 

Today she sent me a message thanking me for wishing her well before her test, but that's it. She's seen my message asking how it went, I know that much, but didn't reply. It's just such a change in the space of a few days that something else has to be afoot. I can be pretty paranoid, I'll freely admit it, but something just feels wrong. I honestly can't think of anything I did the last time we were together to put her off me and we've been really close in recent times. I just feel like she's ignoring me now, like she's had her head turned or has thought about things a lot but hasn't decided to tell me yet. I'm in limbo and I feel like crap. I don't meet people I like half as much as her very often and my life is so boring right now that I'm finding it hard to think about anything but her. The longer this goes on, the more paranoid I'm getting. I **** hate feeling like this. Being single with no interest in anyone might be a little unfulfilling but it beats going crazy and hurting.

I really hate trying to understand women sometimes.

I know that chasing after her is a bad idea, and we're not really in the same place life-wise, but I don't want to move onto the next basket of eggs because I don't meet many baskets of eggs as it is, let alone ones that I just have an instant connection with :(

Ignoring her is what I'll do though. Screw being all whiny and needy to her, that's what you guys are here for.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I know that chasing after her is a bad idea, and we're not really in the same place life-wise, but I don't want to move onto the next basket of eggs because I don't meet many baskets of eggs as it is, let alone ones that I just have an instant connection with :(

Ignoring her is what I'll do though. Screw being all whiny and needy to her, that's what you guys are here for.

We all love you bro

• Like 2

Being single with no interest in anyone might be a little unfulfilling but it beats going crazy and hurting.

Clever words Ginko. Stick by them.

Nah, I can't live my life like that. I'm a passionate guy, I just haven't been focused on romance for so long that I'd gotten used to it. She reminded me how good it feels to have that connection with someone, and now I'm just driving myself crazy by overthinking things. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't really fall for a lot of girls, but when I do I have a habit of falling quite hard. I like to think I'm good at keeping it in check when I'm around them. All I can do is give her time and space and see if she comes to me.

I really hate these games. I'd much rather skip over the uncertain period of dating someone and just go straight to the honeymoon relationship period. I know that's not realistic or anything. I'm actually amazed people get into relationships, it seems like so many stars have to align perfectly for two people to get together. I don't know if I just have issues and I fall for the wrong girls, or it's just bad luck, but life always seems to get in the way in some way or another where my love life is concerned. Sucks.

• Like 2

We all love you bro

JJ, if we start dating either we will fall madly in love, or she'll be super jealous I'm dating a hot Olympic heroin. Win-win situation, right?

• Like 1

Sounds to me like you're chasing the wrong type of skirt. If someone wants to be with you then they WILL make the effort to do so. If it seems like hard work then bollocks to 'em. Easier said than done though. If im on psn the same time as you and you fancy a chat then just talk buddy.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Obviously I don't fully know the situation, but there could be reasonable explanations for what's going on. I wouldn't be planning a life of sobbing along to Radiohead records in your bedsit, and occasionally having a cry wank. I mean she might just be trying to have a period or something.    

We all love you bro

JJ, if we start dating either we will fall madly in love, or she'll be super jealous I'm dating a hot Olympic heroin. Win-win situation, right?

Exactly

You may well be right. I definitely live in my own head way too much, especially concerning these things and I think and worry myself up into a frenzy. I thought I'd grown out of it but it's still there, seemingly.

I think part of it is that even if this is nothing, I still know that I've done an awful lot to show her I want to be with her, but it hasn't been enough to persuade her. Hell, even if it did I'd still have this nagging doubt at the back of my mind concerning things that I know about her and that we want different things right now. I just really like being with her and at the moment there doesn't seem a viable way to make that a possibility. I don't think I can be friends with her either because I'll a.) be in the friend zone forever, and b.) pine after her and not be able to think about dating other women.

Talking about this to you guys has helped though, so thanks for listening and the advice guys.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â