Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

haha, nah was surprisingly good. I really liked her and in terms of looks she was above my league, so I'll probably never see her again :lol:

Though she did say she had a nice time and wanted to do it again so who knows. Fingers crossed hey!

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

In a nutshell, yes.

Then comes the good behaviour phase, which gradually drifts into a short period of feeling comfortable together, and then comes the inevitable shit-testing; which if the relationship is sustained, will punctuate periods of mild contentment and comfortable banality.

• Like 1

I think maybe the loss of good christian teaching and values in this country has lead people to extremes of immediate self gratification with easy sex and fast food and cheap money just buying endless over salted and over sugared variations on sin dressed up as choice and modernity.

But in the long run it's caused a deep, sustained and painful loss in that people's souls are empty, other than for the clogging residue of late night kebabs, xhamster and call of duty.

Either that, or people just need to chill out a bit and enjoy the ride.

Yeah but women are women. That's a big problem for MMV.

The trouble is that your outrage at my so-called misogyny is too selective to be taken seriously.

My criticisms of feminism are not attacks on individual women but only criticisms of the political manifestations of feminism, which even in today's Guardian, they dare to criticise.

Yesterday, our very own Bronzed Goddess posted, about feeling upset after being dumped, which was followed by a vile sexist personal attack on her looks, which was totally out of order.

So where were the white knights, then?

They said absolutely nothing and let the blatant piece of nasty sexism stand unchallenged.

My conclusion was that my critics who claim to be feminists, have absolutely no empathy with women at all, and that their claims that they do, cannot be taken seriously.

When it comes to misogyny, I think you need to look closer to home.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

I think maybe the loss of good christian teaching and values in this country has lead people to extremes of immediate self gratification with easy sex and fast food and cheap money just buying endless over salted and over sugared variations on sin dressed up as choice and modernity.

But in the long run it's caused a deep, sustained and painful loss in that people's souls are empty, other than for the clogging residue of late night kebabs, xhamster and call of duty.

Agree with a lot of that, other than the bold bit. Don't see what it's got to do with religion TBH. You can have 'good' values, morals etc without the need for religion to stick it's oar in, IMO.

• Like 1

I think I put the three words 'christian', 'sin' and 'soul' in there deliberately, to wind up the infidels.

But yeah, I do also more or less agree with it, in that we need to be taught respect, self control and consequences for our actions either by our relatives, society, or the state. But it's not an easy concept to get over in a short piece on a footy messageboard.

The trouble is that your outrage at my so-called misogyny is too selective to be taken seriously.

My criticisms of feminism are not attacks on individual women but only criticisms of the political manifestations of feminism, which even in today's Guardian, they dare to criticise.

Yesterday, our very own Bronzed Goddess posted, about feeling upset after being dumped, which was followed by a vile sexist personal attack on her looks, which was totally out of order.

They said absolutely nothing and let the blatant piece of nasty sexism stand unchallenged.

My conclusion was that my critics who claim to be feminists, have absolutely no empathy with women at all, and that their claims that they do, cannot be taken seriously.

Why is it "so-called" misogyny? Who called you a misogynist in the last page?

They're probably still searching for the (what I can only think is imaginary or deleted - as I can't find it) post.

Was this the post in question? I can only imagine the whole "pick on something trivial, 2/10, would not bang" is a meme not to be taken seriously. Ironically, Baselayers was the only person to "like" this post. I may be wrong, but if this is the post, then it's quite bizarre outrage over nothing.

Annoying West Country accent. 

2/10. 

WOULD NOT BANG

I'm not outraged. I was actually making a joke about your bizarre view of women.

But if that makes you feel better, then go ahead ;)

Edited by Stevo985

Was this the post in question? I can only imagine the whole "pick on something trivial, 2/10, would not bang" is a meme not to be taken seriously. Ironically, Baselayers was the only person to "like" this post. I may be wrong, but if this is the post, then it's quite bizarre outrage over nothing.

Annoying West Country accent. 

2/10. 

WOULD NOT BANG

No no.... I was being intentionally misogynistic. I hate all women particularly Baselayers whose like I took to be acceptance of her inferior status as the driver of a uterus. 

:thumb: 

• Like 3

...Or, unlike you, most people just haven't met anyone sufficiently compatible with their vile personality to make it worthwhile sticking around :)

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â