Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

my experience is that the worse you treat a woman the more they want you. im not saying i do that now but i have in the past and i knew of mates who were total bastards to their partner but they would always keep running back to them. i know it a myth really but most women want a decent bloke but you will always have a few which are attracted to the bad boys.

That was some 180 you did during that post! Made me smile.

As has been said depends on the woman and the competition. There's a lot of it down here in that London and most women around where I live are creative and/or professional. You'd not get away with treating them like shit.

Basically, any woman I might actually want to be with wouldn't put up with it.

yeah i imagine they would not put up with it one bit but in a nowhere town like mine your in luck. funnily enough when i got with my missus she was a bit taken back because in all her past relationships she walked all over her other half and she was the one who ruled the roost but she could not do that with me. infact i was probably guilty of walking all over her at first although it wernt as easy as id thought, anyhow were past all that now thank god.

my experience is that the worse you treat a woman the more they want you. im not saying i do that now but i have in the past and i knew of mates who were total bastards to their partner but they would always keep running back to them. i know it a myth really but most women want a decent bloke but you will always have a few which are attracted to the bad boys.

I am not sure it is exclusive to women.

As Groucho so famously said: I wouldn't want to belong to a club which would have me as a member.

A lot of people apply that attitude to their partners, unfortunately, and these relationships are often mutually psychologically and physically abusive.

oh yeah ive been the giver and taker in one of those relationships, psychological and physical abuse has been something in my past which i took part in and also recieved but even when i was the one being attacked it never once felt like abuse because im a bloke but in reality it is abuse.

I am not sure it is exclusive to women.

As Groucho so famously said: I wouldn't want to belong to a club which would have me as a member.

A lot of people apply that attitude to their partners, unfortunately, and these relationships are often mutually psychologically and physically abusive.

oh yeah ive been the giver and taker in one of those relationships, psychological and physical abuse has been something in my past which i took part in and also recieved but even when i was the one being attacked it never once felt like abuse because im a bloke but in reality it is abuse.

I had two relationships with women who told me their former partners had been physically abusive: both turned out to be violent themselves.

If you go into any relationship believing that treating your partner like shit is a good approach, you are a cock.

there was a time when i was a total prick in terms of how i treated women, times change and people change. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Career women are the worst type of woman. Avoid a career woman at all costs....unless you are an alpha male which frankly no one on this site is. Plenty of beta's on here though.

Did you stop at "The Game" or did you read the sequel too?

The Game is quite an interesting read.

The whole concept of the 'manosphere' seems to have gone from simply bettering yourself by dressing smarter, working out and getting more confidence with the female sex, which can only be a good thing, to basically hating on women and treating them like shit.

Its an interesting book.

But I suspect a lot of it is bollocks.

• Like 1

Career women are the worst type of woman. Avoid a career woman at all costs....unless you are an alpha male which frankly no one on this site is. Plenty of beta's on here though.

Did you stop at "The Game" or did you read the sequel too?

The Game is quite an interesting read.

The whole concept of the 'manosphere' seems to have gone from simply bettering yourself by dressing smarter, working out and getting more confidence with the female sex, which can only be a good thing, to basically hating on women and treating them like shit.

Its an interesting book.

But I suspect a lot of it is bollocks.

All this "alpha" "beta" stuff and "career women are the worst" goes totally over my head tbh. 

Some simple suggestions for interacting with the opposite sex in any context: 

1) Be yourself

2) Don't a dick

3) Be nice

4) Be honest 

5) Listen

6) Pay attention

It really is that simple IMO. 

• Like 3

What about if 1) and 2) conflict with each other? .....

They shouldn't in 99% percent of cases. 

Where they do the individuals concerned deserve a life of solitude and masturbation. 

• Like 1

Also, it seems to me that the people on here (a completely tiny amount of people that is) just don't know how to talk to people in general, be it a woman or not.

That's why you're all loners :lol::P

To be fair I don't think it's any worse then outside with people. I reckon being on the internet gives you a sort of shield so some people say stuff on there they would not say to someone face to face.

You are tight on the loner bit though,

Feckless virgins, the lot  of them :D

• Like 1

Anyone with any thoughts about paternity fraud?

It's not as easy as some people make out.

I was personally involved in a case, but despite my claims she said she'd never met me before, never mind shagged me.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â