Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Having a girlfriend through uni is one big wasted opportunity. You'll never have anything like that again. I don't know anyone who married/is still with their uni girlfriend.

The ones who did the foolish thing and have a relationship through the duration of uni now regret it and wished they'd have seen some sense at the time.

Too late.

I'm 25, she finished uni a few years ago. But yeah, I definitely agree though and cheers for the support fellas

And there is definitely an upside to being the star-crossed lover, which most blokes have gone through.

There are a few guys who marry the girl next door, who never feel the pangs of failure and rejection, but I wouldn't envy them. They never get to enjoy the exhilaration and the sweet pain of unrequited affection. They never get to make their journey through the metaphysics of love, or find the truth in music or in poetry. They never get to understand why Plato could conceive of another world of ideal forms because they never get to yearn for the ideal form of love. They can never understand Coleridge, Leonard Cohen, Springsteen or Dylan.

They never get to hear the echo of the ideal form in a musical phrase or arpeggio.

Just think of it as a part of your education; meeting the right person is mostly about luck.

As Knopfler wrote: When you gonna realise, that it was just that the time was wrong.

Dylan called it; A simple twist of fate.

They weren't wrong. B)

I'm 25, she finished uni a few years ago. But yeah, I definitely agree though and cheers for the support fellas

And there is definitely an upside to being the star-crossed lover, which most blokes have gone through.

There are a few guys who marry the girl next door, who never feel the pangs of failure and rejection, but I wouldn't envy them. They never get to enjoy the exhilaration and the sweet pain of unrequited affection. They never get to make their journey through the metaphysics of love, or find the truth in music or in poetry. They never get to understand why Plato could conceive of another world of ideal forms because they never get to yearn for the ideal form of love. They can never understand Coleridge, Leonard Cohen, Springsteen or Dylan.

They never get to hear the echo of the ideal form in a musical phrase or arpeggio.

Just think of it as a part of your education; meeting the right person is mostly about luck.

As Knopfler wrote: When you gonna realise, that it was just that the time was wrong.

They weren't wrong. B)

You try too hard.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

They weren't wrong. B)

You try too hard.

Alas, you are sadly mistaken.

Much to my chagrin, I find it more difficult to write pleasing epigrams and aphorisms, than the prolix, discursive, ramblings which tend to invite the snooty condescension of my betters.

But everyone to their own, I say.  :)

• Like 2

They weren't wrong. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNO49nh8hbM

sometimes you can't do better than just having a bloody good tug and then going out and just enjoying people's shallow relaxed company.

They weren't wrong. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNO49nh8hbM

sometimes you can't do better than just having a bloody good tug and then going out and just enjoying people's shallow relaxed company.

Dancing round your man-bag to I Will Survive, works for some too.  :)

That difficult moment when I'm married to my best friend and the woman I love, expecting my first child and have been with her since we were both 16.

Happy as Larry, like.

<3

You might be happy, but we feel sorry for you because you'll never understand Bob Dylan.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Having a girlfriend through uni is one big wasted opportunity. You'll never have anything like that again. I don't know anyone who married/is still with their uni girlfriend.

The ones who did the foolish thing and have a relationship through the duration of uni now regret it and wished they'd have seen some sense at the time.

Too late.

Amen. Fortunately I made up for it in the 6 months after graduating :)

My missus broke up with me, seems permanent as well. Shit times indeed, especially when you haven't done anything wrong and everything seemed fine.

Trying to remain focused on uni etcetera is pretty difficult right now.

Sorry to hear that.

You know at your age there's little point getting caught up in women, young women are emotionally immature and do not really know what they want, you're better of biding your time and playing the field. If that's any consolation.

Women will always be emotionally insecure. Only difference is their options become more limited as they get older.

I wouldn't put it quite like that.

Modern women tend to ride the cock carousel while they get their degree and build a career, and then when they reach their thirties, they feel the biological clock ticking and they have to confront the problems associated with their hypergamy because the alpha males prefer younger women. 

So they usually have to settle for the sort of decent guy they had spent the previous two decades rejecting.  :)

Holy sweeping generalisations, Batman. 

What a load of utter bollocks.

• Like 2

My missus broke up with me, seems permanent as well. Shit times indeed, especially when you haven't done anything wrong and everything seemed fine.

Trying to remain focused on uni etcetera is pretty difficult right now.

Sorry to hear that.

You know at your age there's little point getting caught up in women, young women are emotionally immature and do not really know what they want, you're better of biding your time and playing the field. If that's any consolation.

Women will always be emotionally insecure. Only difference is their options become more limited as they get older.

I wouldn't put it quite like that.

Modern women tend to ride the cock carousel while they get their degree and build a career, and then when they reach their thirties, they feel the biological clock ticking and they have to confront the problems associated with their hypergamy because the alpha males prefer younger women.

So they usually have to settle for the sort of decent guy they had spent the previous two decades rejecting. :)

Holy sweeping generalisations, Batman.

What a load of utter bollocks.

Touch a feminine nerve?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â