Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I look at it like he went online shopping and spent £45...

That's what I meant (...but I think Tamuff is being funny, who spends £5 on internet usage nowadays? Let alone £45)

I look at it like he went online shopping and spent £45...

That makes far more sense! Apologies. :lol:

I was thinking about someone I knew (not the brightest) who used to run up these huge data bills on his mobile every month until I told him to ring up the network and go onto a tariff that had a bigger amount of data included. He thought as he was under contract he couldn't opt for a higher tariff.

I thought you were joking! :D

No, I didn't spend £45 on internet usage (I can see how I could have worded it better), sportsdirect got my money :(

Missus's best mate is stopping with us for a few nights, last night and tomorrow. Had some pervy thoughts running through my head.

Ply them with alcohol, report back tomorrow :D

Missus's best mate is stopping with us for a few nights, last night and tomorrow. Had some pervy thoughts running through my head.

Pics, or you're making it up

The dream is for them to get drunk, you all go mental and the next day say "we never speak of this again, we never let it affect any of our relationships".

The reality of it would be getting drunk, them leaving you out, everyone throwing up and then your girlfriend crying the next day because you even wanted to be involved!

But it's good to dream.

• Like 2

I ay ready to quit the coke yet rob. I'm not convinced I want to yet but that could be addiction talking. At the moment I can't see a way out, although i don't take it as much as I used to. That bloody woman who's going out with that bloke is a nightmare, what a horrible way to live.

Have we established yet if it's a man or a woman 'friend'?

Careful you don't just end up making drinks and sucking toes.

We've all been there.

Been with my missus' best friend before, but was before we started going out, and my missus didn't talk to me for about 2 months because we were pretty much destined to go out. Basically I'd just finished my final college exams, was my first weekend at home, drank 3 200ml bottles of JD before I went out, then I was talking to my now girlfriend, but was blocking a fire door, so was told I had to move, I assured the bouncer if there was a fire I would be the first person out the door, but he threw me out. Anyway I was out of my mind drunk and finally found her best friend about 3am, asked her if she had seen my now girlfriend, she said she was back at her house, I went back and no sign of her and rode the best friend, but I was definitely taken advantage of. 

So, an update on my situation from February. Against all advice from VT, the boyfriend of 15 years (who I caught cheating on me) and I decided to give it 3 months to work on our relationship and see whether we wanted to stay together, get married and have kids, or to break up. We set a deadline of the last weekend in May to make a decision, as that was when the lease on our house needed renewing. 

We were getting on really well, made an effort to spend valuable time together, did lots of fun things. So when the end of May came, we had a chat about it and he agreed that he wanted to stay together (with all that entailed). It was good to finally be able draw a line under things and move on. We renewed the lease for another 6 months, and booked a holiday for the summer.

So it was a bit of a surprise when he wanted to talk on Friday night. He said that, despite what he had said at the end of May, he wasn't in a position to commit and he wanted to split up. Apparently he thinks I'm amazing etc etc but doesn't know why he can't give me what I need/ deserve. He is also still in love with this other woman (although she is staying with her husband).

I think I'm still slightly in shock about it all, especially as I thought we had moved on. But I know it will be for the best in the long term - the future's just looking a little scary at the moment. And now I'm stuck paying all the rent by myself, and with a holiday that I can't cancel. What a dick. And I feel a bit stupid for not taking all of your advice at the time. 

Its a female, I posted knowing there is zero chance of it. The only pics id ever post of my missus on here is if we ever EVER got hitched and that's a while off just yet.

So, an update on my situation from February. Against all advice from VT, the boyfriend of 15 years (who I caught cheating on me) and I decided to give it 3 months to work on our relationship and see whether we wanted to stay together, get married and have kids, or to break up. We set a deadline of the last weekend in May to make a decision, as that was when the lease on our house needed renewing. 

We were getting on really well, made an effort to spend valuable time together, did lots of fun things. So when the end of May came, we had a chat about it and he agreed that he wanted to stay together (with all that entailed). It was good to finally be able draw a line under things and move on. We renewed the lease for another 6 months, and booked a holiday for the summer.

So it was a bit of a surprise when he wanted to talk on Friday night. He said that, despite what he had said at the end of May, he wasn't in a position to commit and he wanted to split up. Apparently he thinks I'm amazing etc etc but doesn't know why he can't give me what I need/ deserve. He is also still in love with this other woman (although she is staying with her husband).

I think I'm still slightly in shock about it all, especially as I thought we had moved on. But I know it will be for the best in the long term - the future's just looking a little scary at the moment. And now I'm stuck paying all the rent by myself, and with a holiday that I can't cancel. What a dick. And I feel a bit stupid for not taking all of your advice at the time. 

What a t-sser that guy is, saying he is happy to stay with you and then a few weeks later breaking up with you when he was the one that caused the issue in the first place.

On another note, im sure that the short term problems will sort themselves out.

Edited by Avfc96

What a shit....but, hopefully you are now angry enough for there to be no going back.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â