Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

I believe religion is single handedly the most dangerous thing on this entire planet.

It's a close second; you forgot the Honey Badger.

220px-Honey_badger.jpg

What do you think a honey badger who's a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses would be like?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe religion is single handedly the most dangerous thing on this entire planet.

It's a close second; you forgot the Honey Badger.

220px-Honey_badger.jpg

What do you think a honey badger who's a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses would be like?

They don't use the internet so they couldn't back up their claims by copy and pasting creationist websites

Getting fundamental religious people to understand flaws in the bible is hard and I'll prove it.

Finding athiests who have actually read the bible and are not just regurgitating the usual arguments is just as hard.

:winkold:

Total rubbish

You've actually read the bible then, I take it?

Getting fundamental religious people to understand flaws in the bible is hard and I'll prove it.

Finding athiests who have actually read the bible and are not just regurgitating the usual arguments is just as hard.

Nah It's piss easy . I'm one of them . As I've mentioned numerous times I had a Christian upbringing and have read every book of the bible at some time or another .

How many average christians are aware of how and when the bible was compiled and by whom ?

How many are aware that it has been altered and edited on numerous occasions ?

Do I believe in Jesus Christ = yes

Do I believe in evolution = no

Do I believe there are reputable scientists in all fields that have delved, probed and studied into evolution, yet see flaws = yes

Do I believe in any flaws in the bible = no

Do I believe there are flaws in R'metric dating methods = yes

Do you think it is realistic to expect mankind to have entirely figured out the entire scientific process and stages of evolution and have provided fossil evidence to support it, despite the fact fossils are as Bicks has pointed out rather limited.

Can you explain where dinosaurs sit within the creation story, or how about neanderthal's? Did Noah include a couple of them on his ark?

I struggle to see how anyone can dismiss science because there might be a few gaps here or there in favour of total belief in a book that was written 2000 years ago. A book that has been edited and changed throughout the ages to bend man's will to the power of an elite few.

You may well be right that there are areas to be questionned and further studied within the process of evolution, we will likely never have all the answers.

Yet you are by your own admission prepared to accept the bible as being without any flaws! If you think there are a few gaps in the theory of evolution then you seems to be willfully oblivious to the fact you can walk a few dinosaurs through the holes in the bible.

Let me guess dinosaurs weren't real and are a creation of the follower of the devil doing his work here on earth!

No flaws in the bible? That is your problem right there.

Nah It's piss easy . I'm one of them . As I've mentioned numerous times I had a Christian upbringing and have read every book of the bible at some time or another .

How many average christians are aware of how and when the bible was compiled and by whom ?

How many are aware that it has been altered and edited on numerous occasions ?

Ditto.

I'd imagine more Athiests have read and have a knowledge of the bible far more than Christians have ever questionned it, its origins or read a book such as Dawkins - The God Delusion.

It seems to me that while there are ill advised people on both side of the debate, one side has a far more detailed knowledge of the others view point than the other.

So, reading the Bible from cover to cover, not missing out a single word is the key to enlightenment, is it?

Have you read the Bhagavad Gita all the way through? If you did, do you think you would become a Hindu?

the new testament vs the old.

firstly why is it called the new testament?

was it that those documents hold a bit more weight (as I believe that jesus was an actual person and not made up). and that those writing them wanted to make a clear difference to these older documents?

using the unexplained as a justification to provide factual evidence of a higher being existing becuase us as humans cannot fathom it is also something which cannot be used to justify the existence of a higher being. (if that makes sense).

My son doesn't know how I can manage to eat a Caramac bar in less than 30 seconds. He doesn't call me a miracle god worker though.

they say that god is in all of us, and jesus, etc. I believe the teachings were meant to be one massive story to guide on how to act, morally and ethically (apart from the hating gays bit).

they are a collection of clever peoples stories to help guide us, not control us. a bit like stories in Jackanory.

Total rubbish

You've actually read the bible then, I take it?

Yes. Not every single word like Brumerican did, but a good portion of it.

You do know that we don't merely "regurgitate" arguments, we've actually given serious thought to our beliefs, right?

So, reading the Bible from cover to cover, not missing out a single word is the key to enlightenment, is it?

Have you read the Bhagavad Gita all the way through? If you did, do you think you would become a Hindu?

Interesting point there fella.

Surely by this logic you would have to read all Holy books in order to decide which fairy tale...oops... I mean creation story you hold as truth.

Making your mind up based on just one would suggest your mind was made up before reading it based on prior beliefs likely implanted in your mind in your youth. Which kind of begs the questions do you really believe or have you been programmed to believe?

It seems to me that those who have only read the bible and have accepted it as without flaws and as the definitive truth aren't enlightened they are anything but.

Which kind of begs the questions do you really believe or have you been programmed to believe?

It seems to me that those who have only read the bible and have accepted it as without flaws and as the definitive truth aren't enlightened they are anything but.

I was brought up to believe and read the bible at church and school for 14 years but apparently according to some on here I haven't really read it properly or understood at because I no longer believe. Oops

I enjoy the insight into to how crazily our society is shaped by these anachronistic cults. It's usually rare that I have a debate on the street with a christian that has a better understanding of the religion as a whole without mindlessly quoting scripture.

You may well be right that there are areas to be questionned and further studied within the process of evolution

Could have put it across better, Trent. It is indeed true that there is still a lot we don't know about evolution, however the debate in scientific circles right now is about how evolution occurred, rather than whether it occurs or how old the earth is.

Just thought I'd say that, lest they start saying things like "Ahaa! So you admit there is doubt about evolution's veracity!"

I intend to read as much holy scripture as I can. Then I can say with authority that it's all a load of bollocks.

The Bible is an interesting enough read, it peaks too soon though. Psalms is a bit of a chore. The New Testament is alright, Jesus is an interesting enough character despite his delusions of grandeur, but when it gets to Romans (etc) it just gets a bit 'look at us, we're great, so believe in us, or else' and that's a bit tiresome. Revelations is probably the best part.

Tbh most people who consider themselves christians haven't read the bible at all, they just have their hypocritical ways around it and remember they're christians only on easter, christmas, etc. I can understand these people.

However, anyone who has actually read the bible, cover to cover, and still worships this **** up diety the book describes, is totally mental IMO.

they are a collection of clever peoples stories to help guide us, not control us.

I think they started out as the former and quickly became the later.

I'd say some of the books were explicitly written to keep order and control e.g. Book of Judges.