Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

Julie - what do you consider to be the chief piece of evidence that supports the idea of a global flood?

Books like Chariots of the Gods are what got me interested in the Bible in the first place and evidence of a highly advanced global ante deluvian civilisation. If the deluge did happen then this would be a legend that is deeply ingrained in the history and legends of the World. That is exactly what we find.

Chariots of the **** Gods?

Holy shit. I think you may have found someone, in Erich von Danniken, whose "theories" are more ridiculed than creationists. On par at least.

Wow!

Von Daniken?! Heh, this thread just keeps getting better! Or is it sadder?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defending the bible and getting people to understand it is easy...But to get people to understand flaws in science is hard.

For too long we have been subjected to the belief of evolution and that we came from fish, monkeys etc..

Ive tried to explain the gene pool dosnt fit for macroevolution,which is what would happen to change into a different species.. The fossil records dont fit. etc..

Julie - what do you consider to be the chief piece of evidence that supports the idea of a global flood?

Books like Chariots of the Gods are what got me interested in the Bible in the first place and evidence of a highly advanced global ante deluvian civilisation. If the deluge did happen then this would be a legend that is deeply ingrained in the history and legends of the World. That is exactly what we find.

Holy shit. I think you may have found someone, in Erich von Danniken, whose "theories" are more ridiculed than creationists. On par at least.

Wow!

When people reference Von Daniken "as evidence" the argument is over before it even started.

Wow!

When people reference Von Daniken "as evidence" the argument is over before it even started.

We finally agree on something :D

Defending the bible and getting people to understand it is easy...But to get people to understand flaws in science is hard.

For too long we have been subjected to the belief of evolution and that we came from fish, monkeys etc..

Ive tried to explain the gene pool dosnt fit for macroevolution,which is what would happen to change into a different species.. The fossil records dont fit. etc..

As even my five year old daughter knows, fossils are a rare occurrence that depends entirely on where the animal was when it died. Lack of fossils isn't evidence of anything. There could be no fossils at all in the world, and still evolution would be a cast iron fact, as even the Pope admits these days.

As even my five year old daughter knows, fossils are a rare occurrence that depends entirely on where the animal was when it died. Lack of fossils isn't evidence of anything. There could be no fossils at all in the world, and still evolution would be a cast iron fact, as even the Pope admits these days.

What was that Richard Dawkins said? "Precambrian rabbit fossils" something like that.

This thread reminds me why I'm petrified of a Republican winning the next US election. That the previous president and the majority of GOP candidates, maybe wisely not publicly but, privately subscribe to ideas that are fantastical, un-scientific, anachronistic, and borderline crazy scares the crap out of me that they could hold office in one of the most powerful countries in the world.

This thread reminds me why I'm petrified of a Republican winning the next US election. That the previous president and the majority of GOP candidates, maybe wisely not publicly but, privately subscribe to ideas that are fantastical, un-scientific, anachronistic, and borderline crazy scares the crap out of me that they could hold office in one of the most powerful countries in the world.

We made it through 8 years of Dubya - we've got a good chance of coping with the next load of shit they thow at us.

We made it through 8 years of Dubya - we've got a good chance of coping with the next load of shit they thow at us.

The US is run by scary nutters whoever is in power.

Getting fundamental religious people to understand flaws in the bible is hard and I'll prove it.

Finding athiests who have actually read the bible and are not just regurgitating the usual arguments is just as hard.

:winkold:

Those that subscribe to those fantastical, un-scientific, anachronistic and borderline crazy ideas generally follow the principles of Jesus. You know, don't oppress, don't be greedy, don't murder, etc, etc - the whole "love your neighbour as yourself" thing.

Nah - we definitely don't want someone like that. :winkold:

Getting fundamental religious people to understand flaws in the bible is hard and I'll prove it.

Finding athiests who have actually read the bible and are not just regurgitating the usual arguments is just as hard.

Pull your head in. Baptised Catholic and 12 years of Catholic schooling. It's the knowledge of the religion and the bible that ultimately made me think it was a load of rubbish.

Pull your head in. Baptised Catholic and 12 years of Catholic schooling. It's the knowledge of the religion and the bible that ultimately made me think it was a load of rubbish.

You'll have to forgive me here, but have you actually read the bible? I pretty sure the Catholic church doesn't expect nor promote to their followers the regular reading of it (though, in the same breath, they don't stop people from doing so). It's more a case of "we will tell you" rather than "go and find out" and they teach as much tradition as they do from their own scriptures.

As such, I'm not surprised at your experience and ultimate conclusions, sadly.

Total rubbish