Final Fantasy

hogso

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

I have been on the ff7 rebirth for the last few weeks. I absolutely loved the first ff7 remake more than rebirth if I am honest.

This second episode is just too full of infuriating mini games. The first one had one or two that were frustrating, this one has 5 or 6 mini games that are frustrating.

I will complete the game for the story, but won’t bother going for platinum like I did with remake. I don’t want to end up hating it, and I can see too many bits that will stress me out. This has left a touch of disappointment with me unfortunately.

Can you just ignore the mini games of you want?

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

To an extent. You can't completely ignore them but you can finish the game without ever being gated by them, you'll just need to play the odd one, usually in a case where either the game is balanced easy or your success doesn't really matter.

But for a completionist you're going to be forced to get good at a number of mini games, some of which are deeply annoying.

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yeah that is what I intend to do, but I am a completionist like Chindie mentions, but I will probably just let this one go.

I was in a similar spot in so far as I really wanted to Plat it, as I did Remake, but just had to accept that I didn't have the knack with a couple of the mini games to get sufficient scores. The main offender was 3D Battler, good lord. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hogso said:

I was in a similar spot in so far as I really wanted to Plat it, as I did Remake, but just had to accept that I didn't have the knack with a couple of the mini games to get sufficient scores. The main offender was 3D Battler, good lord. 

Haha, same here. I achieved Plat in Remake and that was not easy and had some really tough challenges like the Pull up challenge for one, but this is next level in volume of frustrating chalenges. And yes that 3D Mini Brawler is the main one. I am usually a calm level headed man, but that challenge has unlocked a new side of me that I have never seen before. 😂

Finally bagged a sub-£50 copy of Rebirth (personal policy, I ain't ever paying more than that for a game), just up to Chapter 2.  Absolutely desperate to find out what the flip is happening with:

the Zack parallel-timeline(?!) stuff.

Had a bit of a break from Rebirth, but I put it on for 10 minutes last night. 5 hours later, and at 4am I'd completed (as much as I wanted to- I didn't complete all of the Fort Condor mini game stuff) Junon ground level, went up top and completed all the SOLDIER stuff. I thought I was kind of cooling on it, but god damn it's magnificent. 

Gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of the tired, Ubisoft approach to the overworld map.

I am enjoying Queen's Blood, though I haven't really "grasped" the correct strategy yet so much as blunt-forced my way through everyone so far. I'm feeling like the crux of it is focusing on two rows and getting as far across the board as quickly as possible to lock out the opponent from progressing then back filling slots from there?

Just played the first Fort Condor minigame which got a hearty chuckle, until I realised I'm probably going to have to do this shit 6 times, aren't I?

Edited by GarethRDR

8 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of the tired, Ubisoft approach to the overworld map.

I am enjoying Queen's Blood, though I haven't really "grasped" the correct strategy yet so much as blunt-forced my way through everyone so far. I'm feeling like the crux of it is focusing on two rows and getting as far across the board as quickly as possible to lock out the opponent from progressing then back filling slots from there?

Just played the first Fort Condor minigame which got a hearty chuckle, until I realised I'm probably going to have to do this shit 6 times, aren't I?

They did a great job with QB of gradually introducing new mechanics to the game as you progress - so as much as yes in the early game that strat might see you through, that won't last too long :lol:

You don't have to do that stuff like Fort Condor, although I think most players probably try to do most of it? 

• Like 1

I tried all of them but only finished fort condor, actually enjoyed that

QB was good, it's not a patch on triple triad as the hand holding and lack of risk dilutes it, the mechanics are more fun when you do the challenges rather than the full game, shame there aren't more of them

Agree my basic strategy was just whoever gets the middle wins, got a bit deeper when the death cards came in

• Like 1

As far as Fort Condor goes (and still I'm only two battles in) rushing the opponent early with a mix of cheap units with cleric backup to keep the deployment line high until the heroes pop is working for me for now at least.

Right, I'm just about to leave Costa Del Sol.  ****. COSTA. DEL. SOL.  These mini-games are going to be accounting for a lot of the minus marks on whatever my final thoughts will be.  That being said...

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - Red-XIII Michael Jackson

11/10.  Absolute cinema🤌

On 11/08/2024 at 07:54, hogso said:

so as much as yes in the early game that strat might see you through, that won't last too long :lol:

Ooft, you were... not wrong!   Thankfully this has forced me to get my head around blight decks, and I've not lost a single game since.  I expect this to probably change and have my arse handed to me again somewhere down the line, no doubt.

Edited by GarethRDR

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Right, I'm just about to leave Costa Del Sol.  ****. COSTA. DEL. SOL.  These mini-games are going to be accounting for a lot of the minus marks on whatever my final thoughts will be.

So, about The Gold Saucer... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So to all y'all that have finished this up; in order that I can emotionally prepare myself - and using only the main story-beats from the original game as an answer, please* - where in the OG story am I expecting Rebirth to finish up?  My original assumptions were either just after you-know-who gets shish-kebabbed, or the WEAPON emergence, but the amount of time I've sunk (admittedly I am trying to fully clear out regions as I go) to only be as far as Mount Corel is giving me palpitations that this thing is stopping somewhere mad like Rocket Town round 1. 

*-that is if the story doesn't wind up diverging entirely, I'm still no wiser on the Zack stuff.

Last question; I've read that nothing's missable as you can find everything in end-game shops etc., but does that extend to largely bypassing/doing the bare minimum on the  most egregious of the fetch quests/minigames but still being able to buy what would have been the top prizes later?  Thinking of stuff like the Champion's Belt, I really cannot be arsed to try doing that bloody crunch game 3 times, especially if I can just buy one later down the line.

Posted (edited)

The simplest answer to question one is Temple of the Ancients. There's a big caveat to that, but it involves spoilers so I won't mention it. 

As for question two, you can't miss things from chests as they turn up in shops later down the line, and you can't lock yourself out of side quests as the point of no return is very clearly signalled. 

It is true though that some mini game rewards and weapons are unique, and some quite good ones too. Best example being an accessory won from chocobo racing.

Edited by hogso
  • Thanks 1

Up to the first real bit I have an actual gripe with beyond the simple "I-suck-at-this-minigame" dynamic, and that is; just what in the merry feck they did with Dyne?!  The horrible car chase and the random Palmer boss fight weren't needed, I have no idea why his arm went all Resident Evil at one point, and did they just... not want to depict out-and-out suicide?  Eh, left a bit of a sour taste, that one has.

Queen's Blood has finally "clicked" in my brain now, which is good timing as some of those cards you get from the Golden Saucer are fantastic.  Got a buff deck around Chocobo Jockey and Dio that just racks up massive, unassailable points leads across two lanes.

32 minutes ago, GamingDad said:

Ultimate Party Animal quest was 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Does that mean you completed it though? Well done! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â