Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not really but I wouldn't send anybody to prison for non violent crimes myself. There's other way of dealing with them 

So the guy that scams your nan out of her entire life savings and pension doesn’t go to prison?

The guy that puts Afghan children on a boat in the channel, no prison?

No prison for a hacker that crashes the NHS or swindles the state out of £220 million for useless ppe?

No Prison if you fraudulently claim your cladding product is fire proof or your divining rods can detect car bombs?

I think there should be less people in prison, but I’m not sure non violent is where the line is. 

• Like 3

Apparently the sentencing was as such because the judge assessed that he wasn't an ongoing threat to the community. So different to a paedophile who actually goes out to physically abuse kids. 

Edited by sidcow

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

So the guy that scams your nan out of her entire life savings and pension doesn’t go to prison?

The guy that puts Afghan children on a boat in the channel, no prison?

No prison for a hacker that crashes the NHS or swindles the state out of £220 million for useless ppe?

No Prison if you fraudulently claim your cladding product is fire proof or your divining rods can detect car bombs?

I think there should be less people in prison, but I’m not sure non violent is where the line is. 

Has anybody gone to prison for any of those things yet? Fair points though there are some exceptions. But I want more locked away for knife crime and less for certain other things. 

• Like 2

He's played it well with all this mental health bullshit. I mean of course he's going to suffer with mental health, especially now everyone knows he's a **** Peado.

As for not jailing non violent crime. All that happens @PaulC is they do it again, as there's no real worry of jail time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's played it well with all this mental health bullshit. I mean of course he's going to suffer with mental health, especially now everyone knows he's a **** Peado.

As for not jailing non violent crime. All that happens @PaulC is they do it again, as there's no real worry of jail time.

Suspended sentence. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Apparently the sentencing was as such because the judge assessed that he wasn't an ongoing threat to the community. So different to a paedophile who actually goes out to physically abuse kids. 

That hasn't been used by judges in recent cases of a different nature though. Without going into specifics 

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think once a petty criminal gets sent dien once they get involved with the wrong people and are more likely to reoffend. I know this is the case because of a nephew. 

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Has anybody gone to prison for any of those things yet? Fair points though there are some exceptions. But I want more locked away for knife crime and less for certain other things. 

Plenty do, there are whole prisons dedicated to those ‘soft’ white collar crimes.

Back in the day, just 25 or 30 years ago you could end up doing prison time for being a politician found to be a liar and a thief lining his own pockets and rigging juicy contracts for his mates. Happily, we live in more enlightened times now. Jonathan Aitken was a man ahead of his time.

Who gets locked up, and why, and for how long, and how we get them out again is a massive issue that will not be solved purely by sociologists, or purely by red top newspapers. It’s meshed in with everything from housing policy, drugs policy, social media policy.

Personally, I think Huw Edward’s has escaped prison time, like many others like him, because the prisons are full and sentencing policies have been warped over time. He needs time inside. I’m less convinced homeless self medicating ex military are best served with time inside.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â