Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

And how did that work out for Edwards? These are not things "To sweep under the carpet.

I'm not saying they are.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Well, I can't think of one reason to sweep such things under the carpet.

Great, I'm glad you are so forthright and strong minded.  I'm just saying I could see plenty of people who would not be so and I think it's unfair to condemn them. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Great, I'm glad you are so forthright and strong minded.  I'm just saying I could see plenty of people who would not be so and I think it's unfair to condemn them. 

Condemn someone who was found guilty of three counts of making indecent images of children. You're absolutely right I condemn him.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Condemn someone who was found guilty of three counts of making indecent images of children. You're absolutely right I condemn him.

Oh for **** sake. I'm NOT trying to defend Edwards. I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who has been randomly sent photos they've opened unknowingly. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh for **** sake. I'm NOT trying to defend Edwards. I'm tyring to put myself in the shoes of someone who has been randomly sent photos they've opened unknowingly. 

You carry on then. Just leave me out of that scenario. Because, I'm totally at a loss how anyone could innocently be in possession of vile images of children. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Also you just know that if you've reported receiving such images, and a criminal case that you instigated follows, word is going to get out. There are inevitably going to be rumours, people whispering "no smoke without fire", kids getting shit at school about peado dad,the wife asking who the hell this "friend" of yours was. 

I can think of a million reasons why people would just prefer to sweep it under the carpet. 

These so called celebs have people  around them, managers, solicitors. He could have easily informed his solicitor in confidence. That part would never have got out if it was the solicitor liaising with the police.

Stop trying to cover for him. He may soon be a **** guilty nonce and that's that!!!!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You carry on then. Just leave me out of that scenario. Because, I'm totally at a loss how anyone could innocently come in possession of vile images of children. 

I think it was quite evident that by “them” Sidcow was referring to a hypothetical “them”, not Edwards.

”them” could be me, you, whoever - who has unwittingly received an image of an underage individual and panicked not wanting the image, not asking for the image and thinking that they are better off deleting it and not having anymore to do with the person who sent it. This hypothetical person might think the police won’t believe me, they might think that even if the police believe me it will get out in the local community that I have received this image and I’ll have “pEdO” painted over my house. All sorts of things might come to mind whereby that hypothetical person might think not reporting it is the preferred option.

You would go to the police. That’s great. I probably would too. But I can totally comprehend a panicked mindset that would come to the conclusion that reporting isn’t in their best interests.

As for how one might come in to possession of such an image innocently, you’ve been very vocal about your life on the inside, the grittier side of life etc etc, is it SO incomprehensible to you that in this world there are some ne’er-do-wells who simply could just send some one this kinda disgusting material? 

And to be crystal clear to you, none of that is intended as a defence of Huw Edwards. This does not apply to him. This is in reference to the hypothetical “them” that Sidcow has put forward.

Finally, as for leaving you out of it, gladly. You were asking for the football season to stroll on in the racism thread yesterday, to bring some purpose back to your weekends. If you are spending your time reading and engaging in threads that you’d rather not in the meantime, that is solely down to you and you alone.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think it was quite evident that by “them” Sidcow was referring to a hypothetical “them”, not Edwards.

”them” could be me, you, whoever - who has unwittingly received an image of an underage individual and panicked not wanting the image, not asking for the image and thinking that they are better off deleting it and not having anymore to do with the person who sent it. This hypothetical person might think the police won’t believe me, they might think that even if the police believe me it will get out in the local community that I have received this image and I’ll have “pEdO” painted over my house. All sorts of things might come to mind whereby that hypothetical person might think not reporting it is the preferred option.

You would go to the police. That’s great. I probably would too. But I can totally comprehend a panicked mindset that would come to the conclusion that reporting isn’t in their best interests.

As for how one might come in to possession of such an image innocently, you’ve been very vocal about your life on the inside, the grittier side of life etc etc, is it SO incomprehensible to you that in this world there are some ne’er-do-wells who simply could just send some one this kinda disgusting material? 

And to be crystal clear to you, none of that is intended as a defence of Huw Edwards. This does not apply to him. This is in reference to the hypothetical “them” that Sidcow has put forward.

Finally, as for leaving you out of it, gladly. You were asking for the football season to stroll on in the racism thread yesterday, to bring some purpose back to your weekends. If you are spending your time reading and engaging in threads that you’d rather not in the meantime, that is solely down to you and you alone.

I don't care for that hypothetical scenario. How on earth does someone unwittingly get sent Indecent images of children? It is incomprehensible to me. 

As for the comment on the racism thread, if you had strolled down you would have seen my comment regarding Fenandez at Chelsea. I'm not in the slightest interested in people paying lip service to racism. Let's be real. Where's the uproar about Fenandez? 

Let's not pretend we hold the higher ground.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

These so called celebs have people  around them, managers, solicitors. He could have easily informed his solicitor in confidence. That part would never have got out if it was the solicitor liaising with the police.

Stop trying to cover for him. He may soon be a **** guilty nonce and that's that!!!!

People love to try and knock ones confidence with that pontificating rubbish. 

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not trying to cover for him, where have I said that. I'm putting myself in the shoes of someone like me wondering how I would react. For **** sake. 

Hopefully you wouldn't be speaking to peados and in a situation where someone would think you'd appreciate some vile kiddy pics.

It's not a conversation to have. Edwards recieved them, because he was in that circle. 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Hopefully you wouldn't be speaking to peados and in a situation where someone would think you'd appreciate some vile kiddy pics.

It's not a conversation to have. Edwards recieved them, because he was in that circle. 

Of course. Someone is just going to send you sexual images of children whilst talking about football. It's a ridiculous suggestion imo.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Of course. Someone is just going to send you sexual images of children whilst talking about football. It's a ridiculous suggestion imo.

I'm unsure why someone would want to imagine themselves in that situation either.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You reckon?

Still paying Edwards when they knew he was guilty. Now out in the public eye, they are flapping an want the money back???

It's been rife at the BBC throughout the years. Who's gonna be next?

Yes it seems very odd that bbc is involved in a lot of these scandals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's not cast aspersions. Be better than that, Brother. 

No not at all,  just saying, I wouldn't want to imagine it myself. No disrespect to the poster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It’s not a conversation to have about Edwards. 

It wasn’t being discussed directly about Edwards. It was a discussion about a hypothetical scenario whereby an unsuspecting individual has received an illegal image without wanting or expecting it. 

That was what was being discussed. Not a defence of Hew Edwards. It is not difficult to comprehend.

You might think it’s far fetched, but I can imagine a situation where some laddish banter along the lines of “Hey I ****ed the Olsen twins before they were famous!” (or whatever, “when’s there grass on the pitch, let’s play”) type shite leads to someone thinking that that individual making the crass joke is sufficiently lacking a moral compass in that regard, and hey, maybe they’d also be interested in this photo collection...

As I say, you might think it’s far fetched, but equally, way more far fetched things have happened.

And as for “why would someone want to imagine themselves in that situation”, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen posters on here being asked to put themselves in the position of the recently bereaved parents in Southport…why would one want to do that? So, we’re being asked to imagine ourselves in some horrible situation but not another one?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â