Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

Strange that nothing has yet been revealed.

It could be a while. They are understandably cautious about making sure it's watertight. His twitter stream has a few things like this:

Mark Watts@MarkWatts_1

@DAaronovitch @TDMAS0N But there is a separate, seismic story. Centres on police failure to inv. When we break it, it will be right.

Mark Watts@MarkWatts_1

@Ray_Noble1 @DAaronovitch @TDMAS0N @ExaroNews While we've worked wi Newsnight before, we've not run an inaccuracy yet. We'll TRY 2 maintain.

Mark Watts@MarkWatts_1

@Ray_Noble1 @ExaroNews Sorry not needed! Peter Ripon was slated as Newsnight ed for being too cautious re Savile. Not looking so silly now.

Mark Watts@MarkWatts_1

@Music_Mystery We are still gathering evidence. But we have said nothing that comes anywhere near identifying any individual.

Not for the first time, the now deceased and larger than life Liberal MP for Rochdale Cyril Smith is the latest to be outed. Though its not an entirely new allegation, it is one that appears to have been covered up by the Police

Yes.... in connection with Sexual Offences as part of Operation Yew Tree but the Beeb are at pains to stress that it doesn't involve Savile or children.

So is he just your common garden rapist then?

Yes.... in connection with Sexual Offences as part of Operation Yew Tree but the Beeb are at pains to stress that it doesn't involve Savile or children.

So is he just your common garden rapist then?

The tales in the press that I've seen have been allegations of sexual harassment, inappropriate touching etc.

Let's hope the police are working on the bigger issues as well, not spending most of their effort on the easier end of the spectrum.

The tales in the press that I've seen have been allegations of sexual harassment, inappropriate touching etc.

Let's hope the police are working on the bigger issues as well, not spending most of their effort on the easier end of the spectrum.

That's something I want to see the results of. So far they seem to have focused on small fry and corpses. Same as Savile did, then.

Not for the first time, the now deceased and larger than life Liberal MP for Rochdale Cyril Smith is the latest to be outed. Though its not an entirely new allegation, it is one that appears to have been covered up by the Police

Anyone remember the incident with ex-Liberal leader Jeremy Thorpe and a character called Norman Scott when Scott famously said "I bit the pillow". Well I have it on good authority that he did that 'cos he thought that Cyril Smith was next !

Anyone remember the incident with ex-Liberal leader Jeremy Thorpe and a character called Norman Scott when Scott famously said "I bit the pillow". Well I have it on good authority that he did that 'cos he thought that Cyril Smith was next !

The dog it was that died...

Rinka.

And another police file which mysteriously went missing after MI5 got their hands on it, like the Cyril Smith one.

The Peter Cook link I posted a few days ago is about the behaviour of the judge in this case.

Kerching

Former Conservative party treasurer's solicitor says ITV's This Morning is on 'a very long list' of those facing legal action

The BBC will pay £185,000 in damages to Lord McAlpine following the Newsnight broadcast on 2 November that wrongly linked the former Conservative party treasurer to historic allegations child sexual abuse.

It is one of the largest sums ever paid out by the publicly funded corporation, which is on the losing end of six-figure libel cases infrequently, and will set a precedent for other legal actions the peer has in train against ITV and any other media organisations and individuals.

The BBC said it had "agreed terms with Lord McAlpine to settle his claim of libel against the corporation. The settlement is comprehensive and reflects the gravity of the allegations that were wrongly made".

It is understood that, despite the payment, the BBC and McAlpine have reached an agreement in which will say he still holds the BBC "in great esteem" when statements are read out in open court confirming the damages. The concession was welcomed by the BBC as it battles to restore its reputation after the error, which led to the resignation of director general George Entwistle on Saturday.

Despite the payout, McAlpine's lawyer said the peer was "more than aware that the ultimate people who will be paying any monies that he may receive are in fact the licence payers, the people who really own the BBC" and that "any settlement reached is tempered in the light of that".

The highest amount paid by the BBC in recent years was £500,000 to African diamond firm Oryx Natural Resources after the broadcaster wrongly linked it to Osama bin Laden.

Earlier on Thursday, McAlpine's lawyer Andrew Reid said ITV's This Morning was top of "a very long list" of those facing legal action from his client over false accusations in relation to child abuse. Also likely to be targeted is Sally Bercow, the wife of Speaker John Bercow, who tweeted the peer's name after the transmission of the Newsnight programme, which did not reveal his name.

Reid said he would have no choice but to sue if those on the list failed to come forward to apologise. Some people, including Guardian columnist George Monbiot, have already apologised to the peer in writing. Bercow had made an apology on Twitter, but Reid appeared not to be aware of this.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â