Xbox One

hogso

And when he passed me the receipt he said

'Careful, this might spy on you'

I wanted to tell him he looked like Gandalf's shit. 

I'd just never go into the shop again if they were like that.

• Like 1

Haha :D That is actually quite funny tbf. The problem is, of course, wtf are you doing buying more vita games when you haven't finished P4G yet?!

It's an unnamed source but I do not want this.

The source claimed that the Xbox One's integrated Kinect camera is capable of scanning a room and using its facial recognition software to detect foreign users. If Kinect detects someone it does not recognize, it then audibly asks this person to identify themselves. Once this is done, the Kinect saves the information to the console, according to the report.

If any of this kinect spyware bullshit is true, it's never coming in to my house.

I'd just never go into the shop again if they were like that.

Unfortunately, it's a bus journey away from the best indie store (and I knew they didn't have the game I wanted, I asked yesterday :) - his attitude pissed me off big time though.. I am thinking of switching to amazon for my games, if the indie store is out of stock.

Haha :D That is actually quite funny tbf. The problem is, of course, wtf are you doing buying more vita games when you haven't finished P4G yet?!

I'm on Persona atm, just wanted a few more games for some long journeys coming up :-D

The source claimed that the Xbox One's integrated Kinect camera is capable of scanning a room and using its facial recognition software to detect foreign users. If Kinect detects someone it does not recognize, it then audibly asks this person to identify themselves. Once this is done, the Kinect saves the information to the console, according to the report.

If any of this kinect spyware bullshit is true, it's never coming in to my house.

See, I agree. Wonder how Bill Gates aka Kermit would like if I put a camera in his living room for the same purpose. It is very freaky and very 1984 (with the Tele watching you!)

I wonder if it will have a tougher time with certain ethnicities, as the original kinect allegedly did.

Imagine, they could link it up to the national database in the US, and demand that passports are shown for any Hispanics in the room. If you're unable to produce one, it'll assume you're illegal, and automatically call the feds to have your ass carted back home. Same could go for wanted criminals.

Yep, the yanks will probably have a bill drawn up soon enough after release making it mandatory to have one in every home, and you'd have to scan yourself in every morning and night...

The Kinect is the biggest factor why I won't be buying the new Xbox too.  I don't want a live camera and mic connected to the internet in my house, and while I might stop caring about that stuff at some point I doubt very much that the missus will want it.   I predict a ton of Xbox paedo stories in the tabolid media at some point too, I mean how many of these things are going to be in kids bedrooms? 

• Like 2

I'm still not convinced this "come online every 24hours" thing is going to be true. I mean, it's surely suicide for them? There's so many people without the internet, so many places where it's common for the net to drop out for days on end. It just doesn't make sense that such a massive company like M$ can be so stupid?

Does the Kinect need to be plugged in to play? 

Edited by PieFacE

The Kinect is the biggest factor why I won't be buying the new Xbox too.  I don't want a live camera and mic connected to the internet in my house, and while I might stop caring about that stuff at some point I doubt very much that the missus will want it.   I predict a ton of Xbox paedo stories in the tabolid media at some point too, I mean how many of these things are going to be in kids bedrooms? 

It's just a very strange decision, i'm not keen on it at all - I don't have an issue with a camera function, if the box is on and I set it to allow people to see, but I do not want it on all of the time  and don't want a camera pointed at me when i am relaxed at home!

''Who is that sitting on the sofa?"

"F*ck you. That's who."

I'm still not convinced this "come online every 24hours" thing is going to be true. I mean, it's surely suicide for them? There's so many people without the internet, so many places where it's common for the net to drop out for days on end. It just doesn't make sense that such a massive company like M$ can be so stupid?

Does the Kinect need to be plugged in to play? 

They are paranoid about what you are doing with their console and the licenses to their games, I think it will have to log on every 24 hours, making it another in the negative from me.

The Kinect has to be connected for the console to function.

It's no longer an accessory you can ignore, it's a fundamental aspect of the entire console.

That's really really stupid.

The Kinect has to be connected for the console to function.

It's no longer an accessory you can ignore, it's a fundamental aspect of the entire console.

That's really really stupid.

Again, I agree. It shouldn't be essential for the console to function.

I did read somewhere that they might consider allowing people serving in army to play without needing a connection, or something along those lines (for an extra fee no doubt).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â