The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Todays performance was exactly what i expected, I ended up beinYg more angry with Young than McLeish.

However, those comments on the OS are horrific, it's almost like he himself is overawed.

Leave now please Eck you utter utter prick.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look at his record, it looks impressive. However, the reality is somewhat different.

Anyone can have a decent managerial win percentage if they've managed Rangers/Celtic for a number of years. Difference with being O'Neill, he manages to still keep a respectful win percentage when he manages a middle sized club in England rather than bring it down to about 20%

can we stop them playing?

What the hell? Why not take the game to them and give it a go instead? Your approach of "stopping them play" has put us in a fight to escape relegation position Alex.

And the thing is, this isn't some heat of th moment, freudian slip in a post match interview, this is the crafted and edited press statement on the official site.

Are we the only ones here that can see his lunacy?

Another Monday looms & the working week starts again. i look forward as i do most Mondays to my little ritual of switching on Sky Sports mid-morning to see Randy has grown a pair of balls & sacked this idiot, one of these days it might just happen!!
Just imagine it for a second, going onto the BBC News website and scrolling down to the sports section and seeing a picture of his ugly ginger mug with the words "Villa part company with Alex McLeish" above it. It makes me smile just thinking about it. I won't be able to stop shouting with happiness if he's sacked. Seriously, I won't. The neighbours will be round banging on the door after hearing me shout for an hour.

One can dream. :(

When you look at his record, it looks impressive. However, the reality is somewhat different.

Anyone can have a decent managerial win percentage if they've managed Rangers/Celtic for a number of years. Difference with being O'Neill, he manages to still keep a respectful win percentage when he manages a middle sized club in England rather than bring it down to about 20%

I'm with you mate - I'm not defending McLeish at all.

I just think that these are the sort of stats Lerner/Faulkner have looked at whilst weighing up whether to tap him up from SHA.

Like I said, it looks impressive. Chuck the Carling Cup in, plus a 9th placed finish with a crap team alongside his record in Scotland, makes him look a decent manager.

But this is the problem. On paper, it looks good. Yet, we all know the reality is what we have witnessed today and throughout the season. He has destroyed the confidence of the first team and now he is flushing years worth of academy talent down the toilet with such awful, negative tactics.

1 win in the last 10 games.

7 wins all season.

Stoke have won 7 at home this season.

Bolton and QPR have won more than Villa so far this season.

We have the same amount of wins as Wigan and Blackburn at this point.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

7 wins all season.

Very sad stats..

So what exactly are we going to do as fans/supporters? The whole Club is falling apart a little more so every week.

We have:

-An absent and incompetent Board.

-An ever-present incompetent manager.

-Players (particularly senior ones) who clearly don't give a shit if we get relegated or not.

-Fans fighting and arguing with each other on a weekly basis.

-A very realistic chance of getting relegated.

-Little or no recognition of our current plight in the media, who seem to think everything is largely 'transitional'.

Surely we cannot stand and do nothing for much longer? The people running this Club sure as hell won't save us - so perhaps we're going to have to act and sharpish. But how?

I quite like the idea (however unrealistic) of trying to get as many supporters as possible to boycott the Sunderland game. With the power of the media and social networking sites I'm sure quite a campaign could be started this week and, whilst it might not mean an empty stadium, I'm sure we could get another 5,000 or so regulars to boycott the match. This would probably bring the "official" attendance down towards the 25,000 to 27,000 mark - and people might just sit up and take note.

There are the traditional protests at the ground and chanting at the game - but what use is this if Randy Lerner is sipping cocktails somewhere in America?

Thought I would put it out there. I'm sick of watching this Club sink further into the abyss. Quite ironic, some might say, on the anniversary of the Titanic sinking.

be even funnier if a large chunk of Villa fans went to another game at the same time.

All wearing Villa gear while VP is empty.

If that doesnt make the media.. dont know what would!

I like the idea of the fans standing up and facing away from the pitch for a short time. Like the one minute we did for Petrov by hand clapping, one minute of standing with our back to the pitch might have some effect against McLeish.........

So what exactly are we going to do as fans/supporters?

I agree something needs to be done, we can't just sit back and accept McLeish staying in the job.

I quite like the idea (however unrealistic) of trying to get as many supporters as possible to boycott the Sunderland game. With the power of the media and social networking sites I'm sure quite a campaign could be started this week and, whilst it might not mean an empty stadium, I'm sure we could get another 5,000 or so regulars to boycott the match. This would probably bring the "official" attendance down towards the 25,000 to 27,000 mark - and people might just sit up and take note.

There are a couple of problems with a boycott, one we need to get points and we need to get behind the team (not McLeish) as they attempt to do it. The Bolton and Sunderland games will likely decide our fate so a boycott could prove counter productive.

In addition as the Stoke attendance showed the club seem to do the attendance based upon tickets sold rather than tickets used. So 5000 ST holders not turning up wouldn't reduce the official attendance.

Realistically people won't boycott the Spurs game with it being the last home game.

There are the traditional protests at the ground and chanting at the game - but what use is this if Randy Lerner is sipping cocktails somewhere in America?

I agree these probably aren't going to work with an absentee owner just as they didn't work last summer.

Thought I would put it out there. I'm sick of watching this Club sink further into the abyss. Quite ironic, some might say, on the anniversary of the Titanic sinking.

I'm with you it is time for the fans to do something, I'm just not sure a boycott would work not unless we are safe by the time the Bolton game comes around.

I think the fans should go for one of the following or a combination of the two.

* Boycott match day programmes, refreshment and merchanside sales

* Fans turn their backs on Mcleish as he walks down the touchline

Whatever we as fans do we shouldn't just sit back and accept that he is going to be here next season.

7 wins all season.

And were paying this guy a reported 2.5 million a year....

Where can i get a job where i completely take the piss and earn that kind of money

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â