The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our players cant get fired up for the Sunderland game then there is just no hope.

Eerily similar to the feelings the noses had leading up to the Fluham game. What a shambles that was for them. That game, and many this season for us, showed Eck can't motivate players.

I wonder just how bad the ST sales for next season would have to be before they consider sacking this clown?

Probably down to below 100 as they seem incredibly thick in the 'Falling Season Ticket Sales' department.

I think the players should be showing alot more fight than they have done, regardless of who the manager is. Where is their pride ffs?? I take pride in the job i do and im sure everybody else here does. My managers a bit of a cock but i still give 100% anyway.

I can tell you there is no intention to get rid of him despite the apathy around the club falling attendances and dire football ! Lerner likes him thinks he has a great work ethic and above all trusts him ! Its not what you want to hear but thats the facts . If we are struggling next season then yes I think he will think again .

He came in to do a job with the finances around us and staying up will probably be seen us as stabilising things . But for me you can't hide behind the football the results and what has happened simply not good enough .

I keep thinking of this post by MM, Absolutely terrifying.

Shit I never saw that. When did he say that? Protests need to happen on Sat :(

Let's not forget this is the same person who told us categorically AM would not be manager.

Yes, undoubtedly a reliable source....not.

Probably more reliable than Adrian Kajumba from the Daily Star, to be fair.

I think the players should be showing alot more fight than they have done, regardless of who the manager is. Where is their pride ffs?? I take pride in the job i do and im sure everybody else here does. My managers a bit of a cock but i still give 100% anyway.

Actually I think most of the players have shown fight to be honest, it's just that they are directionless from the management and leaderless on the pitch as the only player who seems to be showing no fight is Gabby. And he is the Captain.

to be fair twice in the last month he has come out and said we couldnt beat the team we were playing

**** knows what he's saying to them in the week but how can you expect players to show fight vs man utd when he's spouting "theatre of dreams" and "world class" bollocks

im amazed at the lack of fight in mcleish, i thought his blues team did really well vs the top 4, i remember them being shit and defensive and unable to score but i dont remember them rolling over like we do

to be fair twice in the last month he has come out and said we couldnt beat the team we were playing

**** knows what he's saying to them in the week but how can you expect players to show fight vs man utd when he's spouting "theatre of dreams" and "world class" bollocks

im amazed at the lack of fight in mcleish, i thought his blues team did really well vs the top 4, i remember them being shit and defensive and unable to score but i dont remember them rolling over like we do

Atleast when he was managing blues, they were able to keep some clean sheets, and not concede if they wen't infront. With us it's just dire.

I'm sure SHA got rolled over 5-0 by Liverpool and Man Utd last season. Joe Hart won them a lot of points in the season they finished 9th. Ben Foster was not in the same league as Hart, that is why they went down. You cannot have a team constantly soaking up pressure without cracking. SHA did it in style.

Christ this is depressing! To see in print that satans ginger brother will be at the football club I love for the next two years, if true, fills me with a despair I haven't felt in many, many years. I've not seen the long range weather forcast but I'm guessing its gonna be a cold day in hell before I can get down VP and enjoy my football again without wanting to walk under a bus afterwards.

God, if you're listening, get rid of the ginger one, I don't care how and I promise I'll go to church and do good works for the needy....pinky promise.

Both MM and the daily star story could be right.

Many on here have reported how quick Ellis was to pull the trigger. This wasnt the case early on though. Graham Turner was a manager Ellis liked working with - as Faulkner and Lerner like Mcleish. Because of this Turner got far more time than he should have - Ultmatley Doug realized that 'Yes Men' didn't make the best managers - and so went on to appoint Taylor, Atkinson, Gregory etc.

So Randy likes Mcleish and thinks he works hard - that won't save him though - Results, Season Ticket Sales, and protests will turn the screw - and Randy will realise the situation is beyond repair.

Mcleish can look after the results, - If we don't renew in numbers and protest at the next 3 games - he's gone -

We need to make Sacking Mcleish easier than the pain of keeping him - not that difficult really

Are Dougs roses in bloom yet maybe he could have a word!

I have been going to VP since the revolution in the late sixties. In that time I have seen numerous managers come and go. Below is that list with their win ratios.

1. Graham Taylor MK1 45.77%

2. Tony Barton 44.62%

3. Ron Saunders 44.48%

4. Vic Crowe 44.22%

5. Ron Atkinson 43.26%

6. John Gregory 43.16%

7. Martin O'Neil 42.11%

8. Brian Little 41.46%

9. Gerard Houllier 38.89%

10. David O'Leary 35.88%

11. Jozef Venglos 32.65%

12. Graham Taylor MK2 31.67%

13. Graham Turner 31.43%

14. Tommy Docherty 28.26%

15. Alex McLeish 24.32%

16. Billy McNeil 21.95%

I don't care if Doug's roses are in bloom or not. He most certainly does need to have a word.

Think about it like this? We need to realise how important protesting is now! Starting at Sunderland. If we don't protest he will be here next season 100%. Remember McLeish and Lerner think its a small minority who want him out. If he stays after protest, at least its plane obvious and proved Lerner don't give a **** about the fans and all the negativity towards him will be more than deserved. I really don't understand how us fans can still go to games knowing this!

Can't people see how important protesting is now! Starting at Sunderland. If we don't protest he will be here next season 100%. Remember McLeish and Lerner think its a small minority who want him out. If he stays after protest, at least its plane obvious and proved Lerner don't give a **** about the fans and all the negativity towards him will be more than deserved.

This.

I do think we need to demonstrate just how unhappy we are as a fanbase with McLeish in charge. He's had a pretty easy ride so far.

Too right and to be fair, big respect to us for giving him a chance. But we all know he has had long enough!

Think about it like this? We need to realise how important protesting is now! Starting at Sunderland. If we don't protest he will be here next season 100%. Remember McLeish and Lerner think its a small minority who want him out. If he stays after protest, at least its plane obvious and proved Lerner don't give a **** about the fans and all the negativity towards him will be more than deserved. I really don't understand how us fans can still go to games knowing this!

Agreed.

I don't want to criticize those who are organizing the protests v spurs - but thats too late IMO. We need to give Faulkner\Lerner\Mcleish a taste of whats to come.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â