The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I thought Lerner was the saviour of our club but he's turned out to be a complete and unmitigated disaster.

Welcome to the party, it is a bit depressing but the more the merrier

Oh OK.

Anyway....heres an idea - why dont we get Lee Clarke in as coach as Esks understudy. Then, when nobodys looking, we can stick Mcleish in the broomcupboard and hope nobody notices. Then at the end of his contract we remove him from said broomcupboard and 'officially' hand over responsibility to Clarke.

Just a thought

I've just thought of a good idea for a banner

"Let's be realistic, you're not good enough McLeish".

I like it.

And what about:

"We should be there pushing for Europe" Faulkner, 25/11/11.

Or even better

M c L E I S H O U T

Look on the bright side ! at least you only see McStupid from far away.The overseas supporters ( like me ) get to see close-ups of McStupid 3-4 times every game.We see him waving his arms about and saying things to the players like " what time is the next buss "

Torres to get 3 at the weekend and McLeish to come out with another shit excuse..."We can't be expected to keep clean sheets against the likes of Torres."

Oh god I can see it now.

AM "Well he's [Torres] world class. We tried to hold on to the point for 89 minutes but that plan went out of the window 10 minutes into the game. You have the expect these things against an elite team like Chelsea."

Interviewer "It didn't help that they also managed to stifle your attack."

AM "My what...?"

I wonder if Gary Cahill will have a point to make in this match?

I'm sure this will be on McLeish's mind, along with;

How to stop Torres

How to stop Sturridge

What their kit man uses for the laundry

What to spend his money on

What did the ending of Lost really mean

Was Stir Crazy the best of the Pryor / Wilder films

Things not on his mind

How to use Ireland, CNZ, Gabby, et al to attack Chelsea

Is Randy going to fire me

I wonder if Gary Cahill will have a point to make in this match?

I think he made his point quite clearly already at Bolton away last season. Didn't he score 2 against us then?

Yes. I guess that helped to make up for the facts that it was his "assist" that helped Bent get our first goal, and that he was woeful in defence all afternoon.

Just to prove it's not only Villa fans that can see how poor a manager he is.

Manchester United fan - For the club's sake, Mcleish should get out now, and let the care-taker take in charge until the end of the season. Surely no more worse will come to that and should they stay up, i think hiring AVB is a good option. The club has so many young talent, AVB will fit right in and polish them into stars. Plus i think after chelsea, AVB is hoping to prove something! Cheers

Celtic fan - I saw that Big Eck was the 20th highest paid manager in the world on another blog earlier today and couldn't believe my eyes. How much will it cost Aston Villa to sack McLeish? Are they stuck with him due to his contract or would there perhaps be a clause in it if he does not achieve certain goals?

Liverpool fan - i thought this was an april fools joke then realised we are a few days off yet. SHOCKING!!! villa deserve better than this. get rid of him and give the money to someone that deserves it!

Chelsea fan - It is shocking here to know that McLeish is the 20th highest-paid manager in the world. He hasn't achieved anything big, except with Rangers in a two-horses league all the time. I think that Villa's mistake is to appoint him.

Small Heath fan - A point raised here is that there is no plan B. We got relegated TWICE under him when a more postitive approach to games against teams in the "bottom mini leegue" would probably have resulted in survival. Instead he tried to draw his way out of it - its a risky strategy & difficult on the eye as Villa fans can testify to. Before i hear the cries of he won you a cup & you finished 9th ya un grateful ... Well in finishing 9th almost all commented 'how are they (we) doing this' As for the cup - the reality was that he Tactically got it right in the final & very tight calls in the others. He is (maybe was) the darling of the broadsheets for some reason.

Arsenal fan - knifes out for McLeish...where are the Villains...I have to say I am generally surprised how far they have fallen as they do still have potential match winners in areas of the pitch...as for his tactics...what tactics...he was the same in Scotland with Hibs and Rangers...absolute boring football...20th best paid manager in the world...and he always manages to get the sack in FM2012

Spurs fan - Silly appointment in the first place, and a pity to see a club that used to be our rivals drop down so far. Not sure what Lerner was thinking, let alone paying him that much. Villa had a good thing in O'Neill, but it looks like managers have little say in club matters these days

Milwall fan - I can't believe that to be true about his wages, and if it is I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Aston Villa is a great football club and they dropped a huge clanger bringing in Big Eck. After going for Houllier before that I have to say that the Board at Aston Villa are so far out of touch with reality it's ridiculous. They should have pushed for Rafa Benitez but I think he didn't want to go because he knew there would not be enough money to spend on players. McLeish hasn't been able to spend massive amounts, I guess because of his predecessor's outlay on Darren Bent. However, his major gamble N'Zogbia could still come good but I agree that they need to look elsewhere

for a coach but on a contract like that it'll be a huge payoff.

Reading that just made me sad.

Thanks to Lerner we are now once again a nothing club. Who would have thought he could of possibly **** things up so much in such a short period of time? Mind blowing how shit an owner the man has actually turned out to be.

A decent mangerial appointment could sway things very quickly. Look at the improvements at Newcastle, Sunderland and West brom. I know that's varying degrees of improvment, but the right man in here could cause a shift in fortunes and perception very quickly.

All of those teams have equal or inferior squads to us, and with the right appointment we can easily see a swing in fortunes. A couple of astute buys (hell, even Eck can help us with that) and further development of Gardner, Herd etc. and we might just be able to push up the league next season. One can only hope :(.

A decent mangerial appointment could sway things very quickly. Look at the improvements at Newcastle, Sunderland and West brom. I know that's varying degrees of improvment, but the right man in here could cause a shift in fortunes and perception very quickly.

I agree. You only have to see what happened at Sunderland when MON took over from Steve Bruce.

A club in turmoil, heading for relegation, fans in revolt, spent a fortune on players, and just one change to the management and results changed overnight - with the same team.

There is quality in this team, but if they are going to be restricted or expected to be tracking back all of the time instead of attacking, then it is only going one way.

There is a SHA fan at work who I have a bit of banter with. He told me how relegation was worth it to see the back of Eck as the games were so boring and negative.

Birmingham City fan is just trying to put a brave face on it. No fan is happy to see their club relegated. I was outside shite hart lane when they went down. I heard one of their lot say he is happy because of cheaper ticket prices. Do me a favour.....

If I had a choice between the club staying up and we keep the current manager, or we go down and get mourinho, I would honestly choose the first option. My sporting nightmare is seeing this club outside of the premiership.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â