The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I would give Eck and 6/10 so far, should have seen out a win against QPR and Sunderland.

hard to blame him for QPR we had that game won and should have had a corner but they got a goal kick and went up other end and then an unlucky ricochet into Dunne cost us

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things annoy me about mcleish and thats pretty much it...

1. His love of Heskey and the fact he thinks he's a playmaker

2. His lack of faith in Albrighton - we have nobody who can cross a ball in our starting eleven and he would address this.

Until Mcleish shows that he can adapt his tactics i wont warm to him....hes got one formation and thats 451...and he plays it no matter who the opposition or which players he has available....pisses me right off

2. His lack of faith in Albrighton - we have nobody who can cross a ball in our starting eleven and he would address this.

Where has McLeish said that he thinks Heskey is a playmaker?

When Albrighton has come on this season he has been shit, so why should he be given anymore opportunity than anyone else?

If he had shown any instances of being decent then i'm sure he would be used more.

2 things annoy me about mcleish and thats pretty much it...

Until Mcleish shows that he can adapt his tactics i wont warm to him....hes got one formation and thats 451...and he plays it no matter who the opposition or which players he has available....pisses me right off

you need to get out more

Albrighton has been turd whenever he has featured this season. You not seen Gabby's 2 assists from Saturday?

I would give Eck and 6/10 so far, should have seen out a win against QPR and Sunderland.

hard to blame him for QPR we had that game won and should have had a corner but they got a goal kick and went up other end and then an unlucky ricochet into Dunne cost us

We were lucky not to lose to QPR, they had majority of the play and bossed up for most the game (17 shots to our 8). If they had a decent free kick taker they could have been 3 up the amount of times we fouled them around the box.

It wasnt just about the 93rd min goal, it was about being in a nervy position for most of the game against a poor team who hadnt scored at home for x many games.

Sunderland I didnt see the game just the last 10mins so cant comment on how we played overall, but after the Baggies and Citeh game on top of Ecks comments about working on Set-pieces there is no way Sessegnon should be scoring on the end of a free kick so late in the game.

But the real tests are coming up and we will learn a lot more about his management and character after the xmas period.

We were lucky not to lose to QPR, they had majority of the play and bossed up for most the game (17 shots to our 8). If they had a decent free kick taker they could have been 3 up the amount of times we fouled them around the box.

It wasnt just about the 93rd min goal, it was about being in a nervy position for most of the game against a poor team who hadnt scored at home for x many games.

That's not really how I saw that game. I thought we came back strongly in the 2nd half and bossed quite a lot of it, after a 1st half in which each side was equally poor. That's what made the last minute goal so galling, although it was not at all a surprise given the state of our defence at that time.

It was the first time I thought I detected that our midfield could get a grip of a game, something they seem to be getting better at (in a gradual and rather bumpy fashion).

When Albrighton has come on this season he has been shit, so why should he be given anymore opportunity than anyone else?

If he had shown any instances of being decent then i'm sure he would be used more.

I might have been dreaming, but i think i saw a headline saying Heskey could be our Beckenbauer. If you google Heskey and Beckenbauer, I'm sure you'll find it. That is what I assume Sonic Bouma is referring to.

We may have only lost 2 in a 11, but if my memory serves, despite playing the lower table teams, we have only won 2.

OLeary said we were fickle and he wasnt wrong, one win against a promoted team and all of a sudden we are doing well. Sorry, dont believe it for a minute. Not everyone will give us the space Norwich afforded us, Gabby will not play like that every week and our front 6 are not suddently developing an understanding. We are not best of the rest considering Newcastle are sitting in the top four with a weaker squad but playing better football.

We are on the slide and no matter how well you squint to see the bright side, McLeish is not leading us anywhere except mid table obscurity at best, relegation at worst.

And if my auntie had a cock she'd be my uncle.....

As you and Houlston appear joined at the hip, I will answer both in one post.

Your right, we have won three league games out of 11, break out the champers.

As you have taken the time to highlight a section of my post, perhaps you can point ou the IF in my post????????

I stated facts, not ifs and buts. If you wanted to be accurate, effectively I said "your auntie has a cock so she is actually your uncle".

We may have only lost 2 in a 11, but if my memory serves, despite playing the lower table teams, we have only won 2.

OLeary said we were fickle and he wasnt wrong, one win against a promoted team and all of a sudden we are doing well. Sorry, dont believe it for a minute. Not everyone will give us the space Norwich afforded us, Gabby will not play like that every week and our front 6 are not suddently developing an understanding. We are not best of the rest considering Newcastle are sitting in the top four with a weaker squad but playing better football.

We are on the slide and no matter how well you squint to see the bright side, McLeish is not leading us anywhere except mid table obscurity at best, relegation at worst.

As you have taken the time to highlight a section of my post, perhaps you can point ou the IF in my post????????

I stated facts, not ifs and buts. If you wanted to be accurate, effectively I said "your auntie has a cock so she is actually your uncle".

Ha ha ha ha facts!!!!! "McLeish is not leading us anywhere except mid table obscurity at best, relegation at worst" how the **** is that a fact? Its an opinion that is all.

The only facts were the two at the start about winning and losing and you got one of those wrong!

Ha ha ha ha facts!!!!! "McLeish is not leading us anywhere except mid table obscurity at best, relegation at worst" how the **** is that a fact? Its an opinion that is all.

The only facts were the two at the start about winning and losing and you got one of those wrong!

Perhaps before you open your mouth to swap feet, you should reread the post. Richard highlighted a section, which is what I referred to as fact.

Obviously you were so keen to dive in you neglected to read that.

The rest, as you correctly point out is my opinion, but I bet I am nearer the mark mid to long term than people like yourself who are living on a prayer.

Perhaps before you open your mouth to swap feet, you should reread the post. Richard highlighted a section, which is what I referred to as fact.

Obviously you were so keen to dive in you neglected to read that.

Apologies its just difficult not to ignore when all thats in front of you is blah blah drivel drivel moan moan blah blah drivel drivel drivel

McLeish is the WORST manager we have had since the birth of the Premiership.

He has nothing..

Villa are just on the slide, its a shame really because we have everything in place but a decent manager...

Ha ha! I know of at least one manager, who IMO, was worse?? McLeish is a poor choice that's for definate but he is a tiny, tiny improvement on he who shall not be mentioned.

I also do not understand the verything else in place comment either?? We have an owner, who is not a bad guy, but he is paying off his own loans by selling our best players?

He has nothing.

cant think of 2 or 3 worse.

he has somethign caleld a job which Houllier and Quique Sanchez Flores dont ;) and Deschamps wont have soon

It's perhaps a bit early to pronounce on his managerial after only 11 league games but I reckon I can provide 2 names who were worse than him: Graham Taylor MkII and Gerard Houllier. In addition, time alone will tell if O'Leary was better or worse than McLeish.

He has nothing..

Villa are just on the slide, its a shame really because we have everything in place but a decent manager...

:yawn: Boring

It's perhaps a bit early to pronounce on his managerial after only 11 league games but I reckon I can provide 2 names who were worse than him: Graham Taylor MkII and Gerard Houllier. In addition, time alone will tell if O'Leary was better or worse than McLeish.

it may be early but lets look at his win % in context from a article late into last season (maybe 2 or 3 games before the end of the season i think!)

http://twitpic.com/55e1tk

hes won 4 in 13. So thats 30.8%

So in Comparison he's only "bettered" by Billy McNeill and is by no doubt the worse Prem manager we've had.

:twisted:

(p.s. just worked out Hollier reign had 14 wins in 39 so 35% making him the 3rd worse)

Heskey has been playing in the exact same position as Van der Vaart, Silva and Suarez...in the other words "in the hole"....it is a position made for creative skillfull players with an eye for a pass.....

Heskey isnt this .....so what the **** is he doing there? IMO if he isnt the main target man he has no use in this team....

NZogbia has been given plenty of chance to shine and again IMO is a shit crosser of the ball.....

Albrighton has been given very little opportunities and would improve our crossing in my eyes

Albrighton has been turd whenever he has featured this season. You not seen Gabby's 2 assists from Saturday?

he's hardly had any minutes on the pitch though...surely he can't be worse than Zog has been...and i believe when on form his crossing is better...

Gabby is playing the wide man role well at the moment...but i'm talking about a player who has the ability to whip a cross in...the type Ash and Downing did very well.....Gabby will never be that guy

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â