Watches

Risso

Been saving up for a wee while for a new watch. Think I'm up to about £1500 now. The only problem is, I can't decide what to get. I think Tag have a store at Bicester which I'm going to have a look at but I'm not sure I want a Tag. Any other suggestions?

Been saving up for a wee while for a new watch. Think I'm up to about £1500 now. The only problem is, I can't decide what to get. I think Tag have a store at Bicester which I'm going to have a look at but I'm not sure I want a Tag. Any other suggestions?

£1500, really?

That's a lot of money. I'm not going to say this is a bad thing, clearly we all want different things in life, but can I ask why you'd spend so much on a watch? 

Personally, and again I emphasize that I realise we all have different ambitions, until I've travelled to every corner of the globe, I wouldn't dream of spending so much money on a luxury item such as a watch. Even then, it'd probably go on the house.

Edited by Shillzz

Agreed. I wear a watch everyday. I have a £70 Storm watch for work and day to day wearing, and I have an Armani Chronograph that I wear on "special" occasions. 

I have a cheap shite Breo Roam that I wear for sport. 

I could never justify dropping £1500 on a watch. Especially that would buy a lovely pair of carbon fibre rims for the old velo. 

Love the face. The orange is a bit garish though isn't it?

He's given me another strap with it, the same strap but in black with orange stitching. Looks better on that one.

Aye, I imagine that would look nicer, imo.

(sorry, re-read my original post and sounded a bit harsh. Wasn't trying to piss on your chips or anything :D)

£1500, really?

That's a lot of money. I'm not going to say this is a bad thing, clearly we all want different things in life, but can I ask why you'd spend so much on a watch? 

Personally, and again I emphasize that I realise we all have different ambitions, until I've travelled to every corner of the globe, I wouldn't dream of spending so much money on a luxury item such as a watch. Even then, it'd probably go on the house.

If I don't buy a watch quick, my girlfriend will realise I've got enough money to buy her an engagement ring.

• Like 1

£1500, really?

If I don't buy a watch quick, my girlfriend will realise I've got enough money to buy her an engagement ring.

dgar.jpg

Not worthy.

I don't buy my watches new anymore. I always look for immaculate condition or very good condition pre owned. Getting them this way you can recoup the money spent if you ever need to. Or in some cases make money (Rolex are increasing their prices 8% per year)

I'd avoid a Tag though. They're what everyone who wants and expensive watch buys now. I'd look for a pre owned Omega Aqua Terra or a new Longines Heritage.

I don't buy my watches new anymore. I always look for immaculate condition or very good condition pre owned. Getting them this way you can recoup the money spent if you ever need to. Or in some cases make money (Rolex are increasing their prices 8% per year)

I'd avoid a Tag though. They're what everyone who wants and expensive watch buys now. I'd look for a pre owned Omega Aqua Terra or a new Longines Heritage.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Originally I was set on a Tag but the more I look around, the more I see every Tom Dick and Harry (but mostly the Dicks) wearing them. I do like the Seamaster but not sure I'd find even a 2nd hand one for my budget.

£1500, really?

I've 4 watches now and the cheapest RRP of mine is still over £3k new.

But I've not spent the money. By buying pre owned I can recoup my money if I need to. So the actual cost to me will likely be zero or at most 10% say.

So once you think like this it's easier to buy a watch. As it's not going to lose value with time like a car or laptop.

Yeah Choffer since Omega did away with quartz the prices of the cheapest Omega is very high now. They're brand is very strong now and they offer 4 years warranty now too as the quality of their time pieces and movement is superb.

I really like Longines, they're the ones to go with over Tag. They seem to hold value much better. I never see Tags for sale on watch forums but do see Longines and Hamilton.

• Like 1

£1500, really?

I've 4 watches now and the cheapest RRP of mine is still over £3k new.

But I've not spent the money. By buying pre owned I can recoup my money if I need to. So the actual cost to me will likely be zero or at most 10% say.

So once you think like this it's easier to buy a watch. As it's not going to lose value with time like a car or laptop.

Fair enough.

Certainly seems more sensible than splooging your money away on a brand new car.

Very nice indeed CV.  The co-axial escapement movement in that (and my Speedmaster) was invented by George Daniels, the bloke I mention in my post before yours.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â