GTA 5

Genie

I hope this is true.

GTA Online will reportedly support 32 players, not 16

A new report claims that Grand Theft Auto Online's player count may have been increased from the previously confirmed 16 to 32.

While a Rockstar representative declined to comment on the matter when contacted by CVG this morning, Cinema Blend claims to have obtained the information ahead of GTA Online's October 1 launch by scouring through the network configuration settings for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto 5.

According to the report, GTA Online will feature a "Freemode" supporting 1-32 players. Up to 32 players will also be supported across Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Races, and Cops and Crooks modes, the site claims.

In CVG's first look Grand Theft Auto Online preview, we described the service as "a persistent online world with all GTA5's single-player features and more" including looting, co-op heists, deathmatches, races, gang attacks, crew vs crew playlists and sports. "Rockstar uses different language, but to all intents, it's GTA: the MMO Action RPG."

Released last Tuesday, Grand Theft Auto 5 has become the UK's fastest selling game ever, moving more copies in its first week than the total launch week sales of all previous series entries combined.

Launch week sales were 2.4 times greater than GTA4's and bettered the launch week of Call of Duty: Black Ops, the UK's previous record holder, by almost 250,000 copies.

Really excited for the online, but I think I'd rather 16/24 than 32, you have to accomodate for the fact that 75% of online users are dicks, I do not want to be crammed in with 31 others.

• Like 2

Those that have completed the story, what percentage (roughly) did you have on the game save once the story was complete?

*I assume the game save percentage is based on the full game missions/content rather than just the story

PC (and I guess PS4/Xbone) version all but confirmed by people who have been data mining discs?  (Reddit)

Didn't a dev of the game say that they weren't working on a next-gen edition of this game?

EDIT:

Rockstar has revealed that they are not interested in bringing Grand Theft Auto V to next-gen consoles.  Speaking in a recent interview, Rockstar’s Dan Houser revealed that the studio is not interested in bringing the game to the PlayStation 4.  With that said, it’s unlikely that the game will arrive on Xbox One either.

Houser told The Guardian that Rockstar is very interested in bringing new experiences to the Xbox One and PS4, but GTA V would not be one of them.

“Of course we’re interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we’re always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we’re working on further down the line. We don’t have another GTA in development, we don’t work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they’re planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we’re not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We’re so busy with what we’re doing right now.”

Many assumed that after the initial launch and transition into next-gen consoles, it seemed reasonable that Rockstar announce a next-gen version of GTA V.  PC fans are also still holding out hope that the game arrives on that platform, which is beginning to sound like the closest thing to a next-gen version of GTA V if it’s ever announced.

Edited by PieFacE

Hmmm.... I'm not sure. The amount of additional work to upgrade the game to current gen specs would be...well, loads. Bearing in mind that they would have started development of GTA 5 about 4 or 5 years ago? Back then they would have no idea what the next-gen specs were going to be. So it's not like BF4 where they develop the game knowing what the specs of the new consoles are from the beginning and do both current gen and next gen at the same time.

They'd have to go back and work on it all again.

I can see them bringing out something different for next-gen to be honest. but, I'm probably wrong!

Edited by PieFacE

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â