Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also a bit easy, certainly at the higher levels. Previous versions have been relatively easy to build a top side over the course of a few seasons, but this one you can achieve results from season 1.

Does anybody think that the database is part of the problem? Lots of young players at a similar potential level, none of whom are going to succeed Messi or Ronaldo but a season or 2 in you are awash with youngsters who will eclipse the entire database.

So, started unemployed and Luton took me on, got rid of high wages and made some money and then brought in some good young players, leading to promotion. I then left them halfway through season two (league 2) after they told me to apologise for applying for the portsmouth job, I chose to resign instead.

After a period with no club (6 weeks-ish) Reading took me on, terrible finances, too many old and average players, too many on high wages. Finished first season in 10th and had already started a clear out, currently 1st and my squad is;

(L) = Loan

GK: Smithies, Thomson (L)

DF: Jenkinson (L), Leigertwood, Nathan Baker, Derrick Williams, Skogsrud, McAusland, Morrison, Alonso.

MF: Craig Gardner, Eagles, Albrighton, Bannan, Gary Gardner (L), Powell, Anderson, LuaLua, McGugan,.

ST: Freeman, Prica, Delfouneso, Guidetti.

Thoughts?

I bought it for the PC a few weeks ago and after a few goes I was bored shitless. It felt like work rather than playing a game .

That's how I feel, I go in feeling optimistic about building Villa into the best team in Europe but by the time I've set up training and tactics and whatever else, I just can't be bothered.

is it difficult to buy and sell players like the last one?

agree that its harder, player valued at £5m will cost you over £30m and ask for around £100k a week

you can still buy wonderkids on the cheap obviously but there doesnt seem a lot of new ones, most were on the jan patch of last years game, so were most of the bargains like the dinamo players

biggest problem is the wonderkids from 2/3 years back (haxard, sakho etc) you have no chance of signing unless you want to break the bank

i think signing cavani for the 1st time ever and him being an absolute beast is the one shining light so far for me

agree that its harder, player valued at £5m will cost you over £30m and ask for around £100k a week

you can still buy wonderkids on the cheap obviously but there doesnt seem a lot of new ones, most were on the jan patch of last years game, so were most of the bargains like the dinamo players

biggest problem is the wonderkids from 2/3 years back (haxard, sakho etc) you have no chance of signing unless you want to break the bank

i think signing cavani for the 1st time ever and him being an absolute beast is the one shining light so far for me

doesnt sound like a fun game. think im definitely going to give this one a miss.

I understand you want to make the game realistic but there is a point. if you cant buy players or sell them just doenst make the game fun at all. i have had everyone fm manager game sice 2004 and this will the first one i wont buy.

im enjoying 2011 so will stick with that me thinks

Started my game with en avant de guingamp in ligue 2 of the French. It is incredibly easy as there seems to be a lot of freebies with good quality who are good for the French league. Got my promotion the 1st season and again dived straight into the freebies and bought a few freebies from the English prem - kids who were nOt good enOugh for the their respective team ie. man city and chelsea - and on the 2nd season with a net net spend of minus 4m I managed to be crown ligue 1 champion this includes beating the likes of paris sg, Lyon, Lille home and away. And also got the French league cup.

Now villa have sacked Michael laudrup despite him winning the league cup for villa and I was appointed villa boss on my 3rd season.... But yes now I have a good pot of money to spend it seems like it is a lot harder to spend it- although there are still a reasonable amount of freebies but the quality there is no longer enough for the English prem. very frustrating

Why do I struggle against 10 men?

Battering a team, its 17 shots to me, tonnes of possession after about 40 mins, 45th min they have a player sent off and then go up the other end and score. That is then it, they are playing like they are brazil and I lose the game 1-0 no matter what I throw on. Keeps happening.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â