Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

What I find particularly amusing about that statement is that it doesn't make any sense.

They waffle on about how he was not given a fair crack of the whip in the investigation and believe that he is innocent. Which in any persons mind would lead to an appeal, surely?

But then they attempt to twist the focus away to the larger issue, of racism, and claim they will not pursue an appeal because it will obscure the campaign to rid racism from sport. But it won't. If anything it'll help - at worst it draws more attention to a very admirable and correct cause. At best it betters that campaign by revealing it's strengths and weaknesses and also puts the lengths that the authorities will go to to uphold it into stark contrast.

The statement is a facade of stoicism in the face of injustice, but below the surface it's clear they either don't believe he's innocent, or can't be bothered to prove he is, which may as well amount to the same thing at the end of the day.

Is that Liverpool backing nervously away?

Silly buggers - rumbled as all mouth and no trousers.

It's a victory for common sense and in the end at least they've done the right thing, but they must now be embarrassed by the whole T-Shirt nonsense.

Edit - Having read the statement, which pretty much accuses the FA of being as crooked as an old girls gait I wouldn't be all that surprised to see further punishment headed their way. They'd deserve it too.

The statement is a facade of stoicism in the face of injustice, but below the surface it's clear they either don't believe he's innocent, or can't be bothered to prove he is, which may as well amount to the same thing at the end of the day.

agree but sadly thousands of morons/liverpool fans will buy this hook line and sinker

In my country, 'negro' is a word we use commonly, a word which doesn't show any lack of respect and is even less so a form of racist abuse. Based on this, everything which has been said so far is totally false.

See, I don't believe for a minute that the term "negro" isn't offensive in Uruguay.

BUT, if Suarez is actually right here, someone SERIOUSLY needs to explain to him - and anyone else from Uruguay who intends ever to travel outside their own country - that using the term "negro" to a black person ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD, in any other country or culture, is very likely to be deeply offensive and inflammatory.

I can't believe no-one from Uruguay has discovered this and passed the word back home.

Is Suarez the first one they've ever let out?

agree but sadly thousands of morons/liverpool fans will buy this hook line and sinker

Indeed. I heard some clown of a Liverpool fan arguing long and hard on 606 on New Year's Eve that the FA had disrespected the entire body of Liverpool supporters by refusing to accept Suarez's story.

In my country, 'negro' is a word we use commonly, a word which doesn't show any lack of respect and is even less so a form of racist abuse. Based on this, everything which has been said so far is totally false.

See, I don't believe for a minute that the term "negro" isn't offensive in Uruguay.

BUT, if Suarez is actually right here, someone SERIOUSLY needs to explain to him - and anyone else from Uruguay who intends ever to travel outside their own country - that using the term "negro" to a black person ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD, in any other country or culture, is very likely to be deeply offensive and inflammatory.

I can't believe no-one from Uruguay has discovered this and passed the word back home.

Is Suarez the first one they've ever let out?

It's not like he's some 16 year old who's never been outside of Uruguay either. He's in his mid-20s and lived in Europe for over 5 years. I can't believe for 1 second he doesn't know what the meaning of that word is or the negative links the word has in this part (and most of) the World.

Reading RAWK is really showing their fans to be a bunch of clearings in the woods.

why do they think the world is against them?

Considering they have refused to appeal I find the comments made from Daglish to be ridiculous.

They are making themselves look even worse by refusing to apologise or accept that Suarez has been found guilty.

The FA should hand out more punishment for the aggressive statements released by the club and Daglish and the ridiculous T Shirt wearing after the word removed had been found guilty.

I think due to their behaviour towards FA and in general they should get a

large fine and points deduction for the statements and t-shirts as thats 3 different ways of bringing game into disrepute

another fine for failing to punish Suarez

Dalglish a fine and touchline ban for his stupid behaviour

Not sure if everyone has had a chance to read this, but it makes Kenny sound like a complete fool.

The following is a transcript from the Liverpool press conference after the Anfield club's 3-0 defeat at Manchester City on Tuesday night:

Reporter: "Kenny, the wider world is pretty shocked that, if a player can call someone 'negro' and the player who is the victim in this takes offence, that there is no apology or contrition offered from your club."

Dalglish: "I would have thought that, if you pronounced the word properly, you maybe understand it better. I think it was Spanish he was speaking and I don't think you were speaking Spanish there."

Reporter: "OK, if a player calls someone 'negro' [spanish pronunciation], surely the player who takes offence deserves an apology?"

Dalglish: "Ask a linguistic expert, which certainly I am not. They will tell you that the part of the country in Uruguay where he [Luis Suárez] comes from, it is perfectly acceptable. His wife calls him that and I don't think he is offended by her. We have made a statement and I think it is there for everybody to read. Luis has made a brilliant statement and we will stand by him."

Reporter: "But the FA verdict said it was 'simply incredible' to suggest it wasn't used in an offensive way when they were clearly arguing and it wasn't friendly."

Dalglish: "There's a lot of things we'd like to say and a lot we could say but we would only get ourselves in trouble. We are not trying to be evasive … well, we are being evasive because we don't like getting ourselves in trouble. But we know what has gone on. We know what is not in the report and that's important for us. So without me getting ourselves in trouble, I think that's it finished."

Reporter: "Why take the ban now and not play the next three games, including the Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester City?"

Dalglish: "He could have played for a fortnight but he has to serve eight games at some stage and this time is as good as any, isn't it? It was better to get the situation over and done with."

Reporter: "Mark Lawrenson was saying on the radio that you've got to fear now whether Suárez may feel unsettled playing in England. Is that a concern?"

Dalglish: "Because Mark Lawrenson said it? No. I don't see why we have to reply to anybody. If you're asking if I have any concern about Luis playing in England, then no."

Reporter: "Is he strong enough?"

Dalglish: "I don't have a problem with Luis playing in England."

Reporter: "Do you regret wearing the T-shirts?"

Dalglish: "You see, if one of you guys were in trouble, would you help him? Would you support him if you knew the truth and you knew it was right? Would you support him?"

Reporter: "But not with T-shirts when he has been found guilty …"

Dalglish: "Why not? If they want to show their support for their team-mate, what's wrong with that? It was a fabulous statement to make visually of their support for a guy who is endeared in the dressing room, one of their closest friends in the dressing room, and all of his friends in the dressing room can speak up adequately and perfectly well for him. And I think it is very dangerous and unfortunate that you don't actually know the whole content of what went on at the hearing. I'm not prepared, and I can't say it, but I am just saying it is really unfortunate you never got to hear it. That's all I'm saying."

Reporter: "Kenny, given how the wider public are so opposed to your view, what do you have to lose by telling us and revealing what you're saying was not included in the FA statement?"

Dalglish: "It's up to the club to decide what they want to do."

Reporter: "But if you have something to say, surely say it – because the alternative is you are digging a bigger hole for yourself?"

Dalglish: "I don't think we are digging a bigger hole but I just think it's unfortunate we can't be more forthcoming. That's the unfortunate thing."

Reporter: "In your two statements you basically accused the FA of a conspiracy against your club."

Dalglish: "So they have made a statement then …"

Liverpool press officer intervenes and asks for no more questions on Suárez.

Reporter: "The hearing was to lay out all the evidence, 115 pages of evidence, and you have said they [the FA] have done it subjectively. So why do you think the FA are targeting Liverpool and Suárez?"

Dalglish: "Maybe wrong place, wrong time. It could have been anybody. I can't answer for the FA, you ask them."

Reporter: "You think there is an agenda against Liverpool?"

Dalglish: "No. You said that. I never. You get yourself in trouble, I'm all right."

Reporter: "Are you concerned Suárez's first game back could be at Old Trafford?"

Dalglish: "I'll just be delighted to get him back."

Surely the FA will have to do something about this.

You can't be found guilty, choose not to appeal the decision and still come out with shit like this.

The aggressive statement and the t shirts were bad enough but the FA need to follow up.

As i said earlier i still hope some of the sponsers associated with liverpool decide to pull out.

Negro as a word my not be racist as calling some black in this country. Replying to "why did you kick me" with "because you're black" IS racist, but then it didn't stop there. I don't see where contex has anything to do with this.